Rueben Bain (1.0 & 2.0) COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
The Anderson comp is way off base. Totally different type of player.

His game is more similar to Aaron Donald. I'm not saying he's that good or anything, just that he plays a similar style and similar frame.
I disagree, he’s just good at 3tech lol AD is more top heavy bain is more bottom heavy. AD is super shifty and twitchy, think we gotta scale back these comps bro lol comparing him to goats at their positions is a big reach imo. i don’t see similarities besides they play inside and outside which a bunch of dlineman do

“I tell Bain all the time, you think Belichick, you think Brady — that’s us,” said Joseph, a Central grad who over the past 15 years has coached as a high school assistant at Miami Carol City, Tallahassee Lincoln, Tallahassee Godby and for current Miami Hurricanes tight ends coach Stephen Field at Citra (Fla.) North Marion High School.

“We’re married forever.”

Advertisement
I disagree, he’s just good at 3tech lol AD is more top heavy bain is more bottom heavy. AD is super shifty and twitchy, think we gotta scale back these comps bro lol comparing him to goats at their positions is a big reach imo. i don’t see similars besides they play inside and outside which a bunch of dlineman do
Once again, I didn't say he was as good, just a similar player. Bain's entire game revolves around beating interior linemen with a quick first step. Usually when you compare a player to a star, it's because you're making comparisons to someone everyone knows. If you compare Bain to some random JAG, nobody will get the comparison. If I say "he's got some Warren Sapp to his game" that doesn't mean that he's a guaranteed All American, first round pick and Hall of Famer like Sapp. It just means there's similarities to how they play.

Bain
“I look at every lineman’s stance when they’re doing a run or a pass. Then what they’re good at, what they’re bad at. Then mostly what moves affect them the best. If they’re not good at blocking the swim or not good at defeating the rip,” he said. “When they’re run blocking, are they driving their feet? Or are they just trying to hold the man at the line of scrimmage? There’s a lot of stuff that ties into the film, but I just really try to key in on the small details.”
Bain said the Hurricanes and Crimson Tide send him the most messages of any staff. The texts from Miami defensive ends coach Rod Wright, co-defensive coordinator Charlie Strong or Cristobal come “every six to seven hours,” he said. Alabama coach Nick Saban and assistants Freddie Roach and Travaris Robinson, Bain said, send him a text at least once a day.

Most prognosticators think Bain will end up at Miami because of family ties to the Hurricanes. His older brother Reginald is a Miami grad assistant. His older cousin, Tolbert, played for Miami in the 1980s. Bain also said he’s related to former cornerbacks coach DeMarcus Van Dyke, who is still on UM’s staff

brother to brother recruiting hasn’t even started yet

Bain, though, said his college choice is a business decision. He wants to pick the school that can best help him get to the NFL and maximize his career. He’s waiting to see how his top choices look this season on the field before deciding.

“I’m not afraid of leaving home,” he said. “I’m just in the business of doing what’s best for me.”

Bain said he’s made the short drive to UM’s campus eight to nine times this year. Two of his former Central teammates are on the team: offensive lineman Laurance Seymore and linebacker Wesley Bissainthe. He said former Central coach Roland Smith doesn’t apply much recruiting pressure unless he’s visiting campus.

“I enjoy the whole process,” Bain said. “You get to go on recruiting visits, have fun, take photos, go to campus and kind of live somewhat of a college life — get just like a glimpse of it.

“My brother stays out of it — all that recruitment stuff. He just keeps me up-to-date with things. If they have an event at the school, he’ll let me know before the other coaches do. But recruitment-wise, telling me to go somewhere, he stays out of it because he wants me to do what’s best for me. I appreciate it because I don’t have somebody breathing down my neck. I don’t feel like I have to do something for somebody else to help them.”

Advertisement
Their body types aren’t similar tho lol
Youre acting like we’re comparing the skill level, when it was explicitly stated to make a more apt comparison for those previously comparing him to a jack linebacker/stand up pass rusher.

LCE made the comparison to Calijah Kancey, another stout interior DL from Pitt. Donald is used as an obvious example since more people will know who that is. Their body type is absolutely similar.

If you can’t separate a body type comparison from skill level, that’s on you lol

Saban

“Just having the whole experience and getting to see Nick Saban out of his businessman element, that serious, general-type leader kind of dude, was great,” Bain said. “He was just laid back, kind of a chill father. Those were the vibes he was giving off.

“We went to his house and went to some restaurants and then we just chilled at the school. Got to sit down, have a whole bunch of meetings. But it was amazing. Because everything we did, he made sure my family and I were first. He drove us around. I got to drive him on the golf cart at his house. Anything we did with players and coaches, he made sure I was the one who was doing it first. It felt personal. He made sure I was a priority.”

Defensive end

. Even though he can play inside, Bain said, he sees himself as an edge rusher. He said his grandfather told him not to let anyone talk him out of playing the position at the next level.

“When (Alabama ran) that 30 (stack) stuff, he was like, **** no,” Joseph said. “Now that they got that 40 stuff, he’s like ‘Yo, this is the kind of stuff we run.’ The spring for (Miami defensive coordinator Kevin) Steele was pretty vanilla when it came to defense. So this fall is really when they’ll kind of get to see Miami tear it loose and see what they really run. With Florida State, they have Keir (Thomas). Keir was from our system and has relationships with our kids, and he can have an inside scoop on how Florida State’s system is as well.”

Bain, who tore the medial collateral ligament in his left knee in last December’s state championship game, said he squats 525 pounds and can bench press 315 pounds eight times. He studies Myles Garrett and Nick Bosa but tries to “model everything after Garrett,” he said.

Where does Bain fit in best at the next level?

“He’s best used where he wants to be, which is defensive end, and his mindset is like that,” Joseph said. “I always tried to kick him inside. I think that’s where the 29 sacks came from. Because he always wanted to show me and his defensive line coach, ‘he’s not kicking me inside.’ He’s not going to tell you that because he’s so respectful. But he’ll show you.

“He doesn’t even celebrate sacks. He’ll sack and then he’ll look at the sideline and point at me — that’s one and that’s two, that’s three and he’ll come back and say ‘I’m at four.’ That’s just how he is. I think Bain is more effective playing the position that he wants to play. He wants to be an edge rusher and he works on his moves consistently, constantly, and he’ll go above and beyond to prove to you that he’s going to be an edge rusher.”

Charles Fishbein of Elite Scouting Services compared Bain to Alabama second-year edge rusher Dallas Turner, the sidekick to All-American Will Anderson.

“He may be able to play some stand-up outside rush and drop into coverage, maybe cover some tight ends,” Fishbein said. “If he could do that, you’re talking about a very good player. One thing you got to notice on film is how twitchy he is, and his ability to get off the ball real quick. I mean, most of the time the offensive tackle is not even out of his stance when he comes off the ball. If you can rush the passer these days with all these spread offenses, if you could put pressure on the quarterback, you’re gonna be a priority for a lot of schools.”

It shouldn’t have. He had fkn 30 sacks lol

He didn’t have to prove anything to be a Miami level player. Now it’s does he deserve highest 4 star status as I don’t see them giving him a 5 considering state of FL already has 3 with Keeley, Wilson, and M’Pemba
I thought he was in that 2nd tier of DL on the board with the likes of M'Bemba and Jaxon Howard types. Wayne, Harbor and Wilson being 1st tier. He has clearly shown he is tier 1.

Advertisement
Once again, I didn't say he was as good, just a similar player. Bain's entire game revolves around beating interior linemen with a quick first step. Usually when you compare a player to a star, it's because you're making comparisons to someone everyone knows. If you compare Bain to some random JAG, nobody will get the comparison. If I say "he's got some Warren Sapp to his game" that doesn't mean that he's a guaranteed All American, first round pick and Hall of Famer like Sapp. It just means there's similarities to how they play.
His entire game doesn’t revolve inside bro lol he’s on the edge more . And there’s alot of players out there that can be good comparisons other than HOFers, but I understand your point

Youre acting like we’re comparing the skill level, when it was explicitly stated to make a more apt comparison for those previously comparing him to a jack linebacker/stand up pass rusher.

LCE made the comparison to Calijah Kancey, another stout interior DL from Pitt. Donald is used as an obvious example since more people will know who that is. Their body type is absolutely similar.

If you can’t separate a body type comparison from skill level, that’s on you lol
I dont see the similarities with their body type, i just typed that and u mentioned skill when I didn’t mention it at all

I dont see the similarities with their body type, i just typed that and u mentioned skill when I didn’t mention it at all
8F6F1333-85DD-4812-9553-ABCF1A336D62.jpeg

Advertisement
Did u actually read what was typed? Lol
Yes - I see you referring to play style, where they’re lining up on the line, and talking bout Donald’s superior twitchiness. That’s clear as day.

This isn’t going anywhere clearly, so I’m down to be done with this. Have a good Tuesday bro.

• Agree
Reactions: E1k
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back