Rueben Bain (1.0 & 2.0) COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
1661612901226.jpeg

Pardon my ignorance if this is a terrible take….. but is Bain the most dominant south Florida d lineman ever statistically?

Advertisement
I’ve been telling yall since February the kid could play DT in the same vein as Calijah Kancey.

He has the build to be a quick interior 3-Tech, but he’s in no way small like people keep thinking he is.

Yep, there were already reports from the spring that he was in the 260+ range. Don’t know if that was legit but I can see that guy easily be at 275 next year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
“It was great. He’s a strong dude, but I’m stronger,” Bain said. “I was just throwing him around like a rag doll. Not to be ****y, but when I was humble nobody respected me, so I got to get my respect now. I did my thing and it was me going with my show.”
Who is Bain referring to? I hope it’s not Mauigoa because he wasn’t rag dolling him. It was a good battle but easy to see that Bain was neutralized overall (especially as a pass rusher, but he had hurries) in the first half and when facing FM. Bain made his most impactful plays when he was moved to the DT position and not facing FM. Mauigoa is a commit and Cane ambassador, consensus top 10 recruit, so it’s no shame or slight against Bain that FM showed his worth last night as well. Hopefully they’ll both be Canes. I love Bain’s confidence and the edge he is showing, he should demand proper acknowledgment and deserves it.

I haven’t been reading this thread, but has anybody discussed his insistence on being an end. I know some people think he’s best served being a tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back