Rueben Bain (1.0 & 2.0) COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Him being listed as an OLB for them in their 3-4 is the same as Will Anderson being listed as an OLB for them in a 3-4. His hand will be on the line vast majority of the time.
Thomas Davis is now an LB for us, and he was nowhere near as heavy as Bain is at this point in his career and he still isn’t. Davis played some actual LB in HS too. Bain pins his ears back and is **** good at it, so that is what he will be doing in college as well. Not arguing, just stating facts.
We’re saying the same thing. And it’s good to know Davis is finally a LB where he should have been the moment he stepped on campus. For goodness sake, his name
Is THOMAS DAVIS. And he played the position in HS. Never understood why he was at the end.

Advertisement
We don't gotta do none of that. The players we got committed who moving from Oregon, Washington, DC, American Samoa....they are kids too and we aint need to birth any of our own for them to commit. Every player had a right to handle their recruitment their own way and we have a freedom of speech to point out wishy washy behavior from them. If they from elsewhere man call it out with no crying
This all goes back to the thread about going national with recruiting. When we win the local recruits will jump on board.

That's exactly how yall get played. Yall hear the smoke and sitting in the house like the meme, everything is fine here. Why would Bama people be counting him in their class. Man gonna randomly tweet out he committing in 1 week then CB's to Bama. Then what, is it still July? Aint nobody soft. It's using your eyes, history and evidence to see what these kids do. When outa state kids show no interest or don't visit we dont count them in our class so why we doing it for SO FL kids when it's been the same result?

No. It's not "fine". Nobody is getting "played". It's college football recruiting.

Bain not being currently committed to Miami is not some larger referendum on South Florida kids. He probably does not know where he's going yet. That's perfectly reasonable.

People that get played are the ones that think his place of birth or his last name makes him entitled to Miami or vice versa.

Like you're talking about hypothetical about future crystal balls to Alabama; you're panicking now about hypotheticals?

Him being listed as an OLB for them in their 3-4 is the same as Will Anderson being listed as an OLB for them in a 3-4. His hand will be on the line vast majority of the time.
Thomas Davis is now an LB for us, and he was nowhere near as heavy as Bain is at this point in his career and he still isn’t. Davis played some actual LB in HS too. Bain pins his ears back and is **** good at it, so that is what he will be doing in college as well. Not arguing, just stating facts.
This right here. Their Jack LB is basically a rush end. Bain is a tweener in a 4-3. I know we will probably be running multiple fronts but that’s reality. In the meantime he actually fits in well into Bama’s 3-4. I said this same thing about Malik Bryant, the difference being that Malik has shown he can play in space. Bain is an intriguing prospect and a legacy kid. I think we do need to consider that going to Bama might be a smart move for him.

Advertisement
We don't gotta do none of that. The players we got committed who moving from Oregon, Washington, DC, American Samoa....they are kids too and we aint need to birth any of our own for them to commit. Every player had a right to handle their recruitment their own way and we have a freedom of speech to point out wishy washy behavior from them. If they from elsewhere man call it out with no crying
Who gives a **** how long a kid takes to commit yall wanna control **** yall not effected by. Let kids be kids its not wishy washy behavior he’s going thru his recruitment process and yall want to control it. Mfs woke up and said they annoyed with a 17 year olds recruitment, go cut the **** grass or something and stop *****ing

I dont give af about them having the right to take visits. So does Francis, Pancake Oncho, Wayne, Ray Ray and the 19 players ND have committed and other schools etc etc. You a legacy. I don't wanna hear it. Go to wherever u wanna go, but don't string us along period

Agree but I don’t believe Mario and co are being strung along. Mario has learned not to put all your chips on one player which is definitely evidenced by what we’ve seen.

I mean if we land Wayne and Hicks combined I don’t know if people will freak out if we don’t land Bain. However I do think we land him… reminds me of Chad Thomas recruitment a little

No. It's not "fine". Nobody is getting "played". It's college football recruiting.

Bain not being currently committed to Miami is not some larger referendum on South Florida kids. He probably does not know where he's going yet. That's perfectly reasonable.

People that get played are the ones that think his place of birth or his last name makes him entitled to Miami or vice versa.

Like you're talking about hypothetical about future crystal balls to Alabama; you're panicking now about hypotheticals?
Its a referrendum because i just seen it with Jalen Brown. Im seeing it with Hykeem, i aint hearing nothing from Damari Brown, Jean wishy washy from a feeder school. And i contrast that to all the players we got committed and the ones committing this month, they str8 up. Took their visits to all the schools they interested in....or make it clear their visits will be in the fall. What the Jalen Brown do, random commit announcement, gone. They all on the same smoke. Im just calling it out. My eyes are open

If true…Yesssssss!!!! Thank youuuuu!! It’s about time. But the official website still list him as DL. A lot of these clowns were coming at me for saying he needs to move to LB.
I dnt care where he plays, just get him on the field!! It does make me feel a LOT better about our LB room now. I could see him possibly possibly becoming a starter before the year ends

Advertisement
Who gives a **** how long a kid takes to commit yall wanna control **** yall not effected by. Let kids be kids its not wishy washy behavior he’s going thru his recruitment process and yall want to control it. Mfs woke up and said they annoyed with a 17 year olds recruitment, go cut the **** grass or something and stop *****ing
I don't have to do nothing. Im not controlling nothing, you are trying to control my opinion and my sunday. Ima say what i feel and if u related to one of these man, grab a tissue. We calling it out like the umpire, thats all.

Why does he need to justify anything to anyone but the staffs recruiting him?

Early and late NSDs are the same days they are every single year and every single year fans demand things months ahead of time.

Wash rinse repeat.
That’s fine it’s just a disappointment. That’s all I’m saying. The longer this goes on, the longer Mario has to recruit other guys as well. At this point I’m not banking on him being in the class and I’m not even tripping about it. We’ll be good either way.

Advertisement
That’s fine it’s just a disappointment. That’s all I’m saying. The longer this goes on, the longer Mario has to recruit other guys as well. At this point I’m not banking on him being in the class and I’m not even tripping about it. We’ll be good either way.
Hes gonna be a Cane.

I bet 4 tall boy PBRs.

I think part of the unsettling behavior (in addition to the whole "we have your ex-Head Coach and a relative on the staff part), is that the board on the defensive line looks relatively up in the air. This is from a fan perspective, of course...we know about guys like Hicks, M'pemba and the Bama boys, but we're certainly not established front-runners for any of them. It's going to be a war. John Walker's recruitment seems quiet, I hope we add him because he's a monster...but I'm not sure.

On paper, Bain is a layup. That's the frustrating part. Yes - never doubt Mario, we should all be aware and be ecstatic about the guys he's brought in so far, and the one's he's about to bring in. I'm just thinking out loud in regards to Bain.

We use us being bad for long to make excuses for these players. And it needs to stop. If u taking your OV's in the season, say that like Samuel M'Pemba. He said that. Man like Stafford and Francis took all their 5 OV’S in 2 **** weeks, seen every school they had interest in and say let's go. We been cuddling these diva players, giving them all kinda excuses. Look at the staff they coming to be coached by.
I don't care if they wanna play the game but know we need to move on and stop counting them in our classes. Even if they commit, it doesn't stop them from taking visits. They using that as an excuse.
I would take my OV's during the season too. There will be a lot more girls on campus during that time 😜

Advertisement
This right here. Their Jack LB is basically a rush end. Bain is a tweener in a 4-3. I know we will probably be running multiple fronts but that’s reality. In the meantime he actually fits in well into Bama’s 3-4. I said this same thing about Malik Bryant, the difference being that Malik has shown he can play in space. Bain is an intriguing prospect and a legacy kid. I think we do need to consider that going to Bama might be a smart move for him.

He fits no better in Alabama’s 3–4 than he does with us in multiple fronts.

Don’t know why you have to find an excuse for him to go KKKland, when he would have utility here just as well.

Edit: I want Bain. With that said I guess looks can be deceiving because I see the comments about Bain possibly playing DT but when I look at the kid he looks like a LB to me. I keep referring back to that picture of him and Bissainthe and I'm trying to figure out how folks can say Wes needs to add weight at LB because he's undersized but this kid has a chance to play DT. What am I missing here?

Last edited:
I want Bain. With that said I guess looks can be deceiving because I see the comments about Bain possibly playing DT but when I look at the kid he looks like an undersized LB to me. I keep referring back to that picture of him and Bissainthe and I'm trying to figure out how folks can say Wes needs to add weight at LB but this kid has a chance to play DT. What am I missing here?
I have no idea why they want him to play DT. He should be a rush LB. Watch his tape, its his best attribute. Also its probably better for him to either stay where he is weight wise or lose weight. He is built like a college player already. Also i don't think he wants to play DT.

I think this insane rush of June and July commitments (not just us but across college football) has also skewed things a bit

Even guys like Brandon Harris waited till signing day to announce even though he was beyond a lock for us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back