Ruben Hyppolite

Sure, put him in there too. We're in his top 12.
I got news for you, we're in everyone's Top 12. We automatically drive up the price. How do you figure is being in everyone's top whatever without them even visiting or ever being on campus?
Maybe I missed something; but I thought you were listing the top Linebackers in the country.

Advertisement
Mccloud aint that big. 6'2 235 is what the nfl is looking for. Mccloud problem isn't getting to the ball. It's when he is out in space. H we was better last year because finley took those responsibilities in space.
The NFL is looking for? The first 2 LBs off the board were barely 6’0.

I got news for you, we're in everyone's Top 12. We automatically drive up the price. How do you figure is being in everyone's top whatever without them even visiting or ever being on campus?
Maybe I missed something; but I thought you were listing the top Linebackers in the country.

I was listing all the backers who Miami has offered and at least have some interest that Manny and his staff should be landing if they are good recruiters.

Advertisement
The NFL is looking for? The first 2 LBs off the board were barely 6’0.
That's because them dudes were running 4.3s and low 4.4s. Luke kuechly is 6'3 238, cj mosley 6'2 240, deion jones 6'1 227, telvin smith 6'3 215, and etc.

Bc our LBers coach couldn’t recruit very well, and now he’s our head coach. Now I’m hoping kids are just waiting Manny out and seeing if he’s the real deal, bc of not I don’t see us ever getting into the elite category with how he recruits

with all due respect, this makes about as much sense as a sunday church service.

first, manny was STELLAR in how he recruited this year with the portal

second, manny proved his chops in how he pulled together the february class given the clusterfu*k that was recruiting when he took over in January

third, you can't lay all LB recruiting at his feet the cycles he was LB coach, given that Richt as HC set policy, and this has a major effect on results.

lastly, and most importantly, we have three talented LB's on the roster that are injured and one of them may not even play ever again. (Due in part to bad luck and partly to the crappy training and S&C program of the previous head of S&C, which manny didn't control). The LB room looks very different if those guys can suit up.

is he accountable? of course! it starts and stops with him. but i'm not ready to say he's incapable, and the above facts are at the very least mitigating against hanging him from a yardarm.

that's my take. feel free to disagree.

with all due respect, this makes about as much sense as a sunday church service.

second, manny proved his chops in how he pulled together the february class given the clusterfu*k that was recruiting when he took over in January

third, you can't lay all LB recruiting at his feet the cycles he was LB coach, given that Richt as HC set policy, and this has a major effect on results.

lastly, and most importantly, we have three talented LB's on the roster that are injured and one of them may not even play ever again. (Due in part to bad luck and partly to the crappy training and S&C program of the previous head of S&C, which manny didn't control). The LB room looks very different if those guys can suit up.

is he accountable? of course! it starts and stops with him. but i'm not ready to say he's incapable, and the above facts are at the very least mitigating against hanging him from a yardarm.

What you got against Sunday church services? You must be a Seventh Day Adventist.

Take off the Canes shade. This rhetoric has been on going for several cycles now. There is zero excuse for us not to land blue chip LBs and LBs r hella important. They are ur 2nd line of defense, responsible for any gap integrity up front, making life difficult for RBs in the back field and flat, calling out defensive alignment. U can’t continue to have a bunch of 3 star guys, especially ones who’s best offer is TT and SMU.

Every kid we offer is considered a “great evaluation” and a stud. Lol. That’s the pacification.
There is no canes shade I just look at the tape, then look at the rankings. U can be mad and dissatisfied becuase we aren't getting 4 stars LB, but the tape does not lie and these are some very good quote D1 players
*quality D1 prospects.

Last edited:
Advertisement

We have all the playing time in the world to offer and we might pull a good Lber from Texas who has NO OFFERS from the big Texas schools. That’s not exactly an elite guy. What other elite ones are we gonna pull? We’re in a battle with WVU for another one. Let me repeat, WVU. That doesn’t scream stud to me.

I get what you’re saying but let’s be honest with ourselves, we aren’t getting elite kids and haven’t since Manny has been the LBers coach. That doesn’t mean he can’t in the future and that doesn’t mean the guys he gets won’t be good, but it’s a fact right now. To me that’s a red flag

We have all the playing time in the world to offer and we might pull a good Lber from Texas who has NO OFFERS from the big Texas schools. That’s not exactly an elite guy. What other elite ones are we gonna pull? We’re in a battle with WVU for another one. Let me repeat, WVU. That doesn’t scream stud to me.

I get what you’re saying but let’s be honest with ourselves, we aren’t getting elite kids and haven’t since Manny has been the LBers coach. That doesn’t mean he can’t in the future and that doesn’t mean the guys he gets won’t be good, but it’s a fact right now. To me that’s a red flag
Skai Moore was in our backyard begging for an offer and didn’t have one.. he wasn’t good either huh?

Just curious any chance Amari Carter could develop the added weight to be a LB? He can certainly hit. Especially if he ends up behind Hall and Bubba?

Advertisement
Skai Moore was in our backyard begging for an offer and didn’t have one.. he wasn’t good either huh?

So you’re betting on going into states and taking kids that the top schools there don’t want? That’s a terrible take. You’re also comparing a kid that was ranked in the 300s in the country to a kid ranked in the 1400s. That kid by the way is at a nationally ranked school playing with kids who are All Americans. He’s had every chance to be seen and still hasn’t gotten any love from analaysts or top schools.

Go ahead and claim “tape over rankings” all you want but the people who watch tape for a living are clearly not as impressed as you. I’m not sold yet. Hoping to be proved wrong if the kid comes here, but not nearly as excited as some of y’all.

So you’re betting on going into states and taking kids that the top schools there don’t want? That’s a terrible take. You’re also comparing a kid that was ranked in the 300s in the country to a kid ranked in the 1400s. That kid by the way is at a nationally ranked school playing with kids who are All Americans. He’s had every chance to be seen and still hasn’t gotten any love from analaysts or top schools.

Go ahead and claim “tape over rankings” all you want but the people who watch tape for a living are clearly not as impressed as you. I’m not sold yet. Hoping to be proved wrong if the kid comes here, but not nearly as excited as some of y’all.
This is clearly bc of measurables. That’s it. Even if his speed was or is questionable, his ability and tape would be different if he was 6’1.. that’s just the reality of it.

Advertisement
LOL

So he didn't want to come to sit behind Shaq, and he finally sees a lot of playing time the year after Shaq leaves...

LMAO Fvck that kid!

Throwing our hat on the ground just to flip to USCe and sit for 2 years...
Played himself.

I was listing all the backers who Miami has offered and at least have some interest that Manny and his staff should be landing if they are good recruiters.
I agree with you.
We should be able to pull at least two of those kids that you mentioned, plus Austin-Cave. Anything less then that would be a disappointment in my opinion.
Especially when the head coach is a Linebacker coach himself.
I would be extremely happy if we pull Hyppolite, Simpson and Cave. I would de ecstatic if we add Flowe to that list.

Advertisement
Back