RPO, RPO, RPO, RPO…blah blah blah

Moro

Thunderdome
It is always a perfectly can’t lose choice on any given play philosophy when you here it explained. What pro RPO lovers fail to tell you are the requirements needed at each position for it to be successfully executed against these highly complex defenses that RPO is supposedly able to defeat know matter the situation?

For RPO to be successful in Richt’s read option run game you will need the following because he stated that he wants to be able to establish the run game first and far most in his offense:

The read option run. You need to recruit consistently, a QB that has the wheels to make the execution of that play deadly. Especially with a fast athletic zone blocking offensive line and disciplined and willing run blocking WRs and TEs. Not to mention to set RPO apart from any other system requires the innovation by the OC and the buy in of the players and along with the execution of the OL.

1) The OC's innovations with RPOs were tested this year. Will the OCs creativity be enough to defeat the highly complex defenses in the ACC?

2) QBs gifted with an athletic body, analytical brain, exceptional speed, who seldom forces throws don't grow on trees every year. With so many P5 teams competing for dual threat QBs with all these traits; can this staff consistently win the recruiting battle for the top QBs?

3) OL can U consistently recruit fast athletic zone blocking O Lineman every year, which also don’t grow on trees?

4) Blocking WRs and TEs you can find a dime a dozen but the hybrids that we have been known to attract will stop coming because they want the ball. Can this staff continue to win the battle for these elites at the WR and TE position?

Now, I gave you the formula for RPOs to be successful. You now tell me how well are U doing in recruiting these needs in year two? The answers will give you an honest idea of where you are and how long it will take you to get to where you need to be. It should also give you an indication if you can sustain long-term success or dynasty run.

* Don't give me "What complex defenses in the ACC" because you didn't have an answer for at least four teams.
** And don't start with your explanation of what RPO is "We get it, already", "We also no the problems" so this is my solution to the problem.
*** If you can't do any of the above four consistently please do us all a favor and let's agree to scrap RPO because half *** won't cut it.

PS: For those that appreciate this kind of information; Thanks For Reading I look forward to reading your insights on the subject!!!

Moro Brings The Good News!!! So **** it... Let's Get It!!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
IsPyWz.gif

Not sure what complex defenses in the ACC you are talking about as we averaged 38 ppg in the home stretch, with a QB who doesn't have the legs or attributes you listed to run the RPO.

Richt's offenseive philosophy is simple, establish the run before anything else. Having a good OL is what we are missing..not much else to it. We just got Nkosi Perry and Cade Weldon this recruiting class who are good mobile QB's with Perry being one of the best in the country.

Not going to lie, you are stating the obvious in all of your points..."can we get top recruits because if not we are going to suck" is the short version of the post. Also, this is year one not year two. Next year is the true test of recruiting...the class also isn't done yet.

You'd think people would get tired of banging the same drum and singing the same song, but they don't. It's remarkable.

That's why we will attempt to cut through the BS of fantasy land and move these RPO cases into the world of reality.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You'd think people would get tired of banging the same drum and singing the same song, but they don't. It's remarkable.

I have been having a twitter war on this very subject of richt given up play calling. I think he will be fine. its clear him and kayaa didn't mesh the oline was a mess, yes richt started out a little rusty but got better as season wore on and number 1 reason he took job was to call his own plays so people need to give It up, plus richt has done more in 1 yr then Shannon or golden did

I just think u have to give coaches time. kyle shanahan had issues yr 1 in Atlanta in yr 2 are best offense in football. it takes time to get your players to learn and adapt to a new system. it just does.

Is/was the RPO a part of Richt's shallow cross or fast break offenses he made his name on? Is Richt's apparent dedication to the RPO new or was it a part of his offense at Georgia? I appreciate any input from the X's & O's guys around here. Thanks in advance.

Go Canes!

It's a disruptive new paradigm platform. Lots of synergy. A real mission critical change agent.

People is really struggling with the rpo. Everybody uses it. Its not that **** serious.

Advertisement
His offense sucks. The defense bailed him out time and again. Just run the spread and we win every game except for VT.

Is/was the RPO a part of Richt's shallow cross or fast break offenses he made his name on? Is Richt's apparent dedication to the RPO new or was it a part of his offense at Georgia? I appreciate any input from the X's & O's guys around here. Thanks in advance.

Go Canes!

Its new. Didnt use rpo at uga.

Advertisement
Isn't the idea to give the defense the same look, then run/pass according to how they line up? Didn't Jimmy use to say something like "We take what they give us."

Another person who doesn't know what an RPO is. Why can't we sticky an RPO thread so that we don't run into this garbage every day?

Advertisement
BTW it's [MENTION=5770]blah[/MENTION] blah blah

This is what you get from pro RPOs proponents when challenged with real analytics and application questions.

Macho, where you at? What are your thoughts? Let's see if you can apply all that RPO knowledge you have.

Advertisement
Back