J. Blissett
Ca. Williams
Cha. Williams
E. Roberts
Q. Williams

Only 5 DTs: Ford, Silvera, Miller, Holley, Hunte

Advertisement
our best team in a while and the pandemic takes it out. sucks
Man, clamoring for spread 10 years +.. Finally get it down here with a true dual threat qb that fits like a glove, favorable schedule, defensive talent is starting to rack up, upgrade at kicker, recruiting is turning up.. sigh..

Hope we get to run out on field man

Still 8 DEs on the rooster:

Q. Roche
J. Phillips
J. Harvey
J. Blissett
Ca. Williams
Cha. Williams
E. Roberts
Q. Williams

Only 5 DTs: Ford, Silvera, Miller, Holley, Hunte

You've been stressing this point all offseason: Rousseau playing inside on 3rd downs was gonna be a big feature of our defense. You gotta hope we can still run it with Jaelan Phillips in his place.

We're really gonna need a young guy to step up big at DE and DT

Eye have know problem with Rousseau making a bitness decision. But ewe don't tell your coach your quitting bye text massage.

Advertisement
Well, we keep telling recruits we're the NFL pipeline, their eye$ go wild, then they make the jump, then we wonder what went wrong.

What happens if Phillips just has a massive balls out season? Lays down 20 sacks. Who gets drafted first between him and Rousseau??? Not likely but interesting conundrum. Just food for thought really.

This **** hurts. Big time.

I was envisioning GT15 getting 20 sacks in 2020 and working his way into a top 5 NFL draft pick. I don't know if this top 10 pick talk is warranted given his small sample size, but he clearly has the potential. I obviously wish the kid all the best, but I hate seeing our stand out redshirt sophomores/juniors consistently leaving early because they're getting inflated draft projections and then falling short. I could make a list of 20 of these type of players.

I will say this, a couple "big name" local sports agencies (Rosenhaus, FirstRoundCaca, etc...) are the true problem and have been for the last 10-15 years. They are a virus with no cure who just feed off young cells. They need to be eradicated, along with all their little cronies (i.e. Unibrow Ariz). They give all sports agencies, who have a fiduciary duty to operate in the best interests of their clients, a bad name.

We cannot continue to make this a "thing" if we want a program that consistently competes in CFB. Something has got to give.

Last edited:
Advertisement
When he announced Greg wasn't playing this fall Manny looked like he was about to break down and cry. Scene from Manny Diaz office after the conference call.

I absolutely have no clue what the right answer is with this opt out. My athletic days are over and I never had a chance at playing in the show. Football guys, is this a smart move to not play and prepare for the draft or is it better for him to actually play football games?

Kid is a really good player and hope he does amazing things with his career. It is a business, plain and simple. Totally get his decision. I am more curious from the football side of things. Good or bad move?
Hard to say if it’s “good” or “bad” since he’ll still be a 1st round pick and make millions. With that said he had a shot at the number 2 or 3 pick and get over 30mil guaranteed. If the season comes to fruition and other players have a chance at more film I wouldn’t be shocked to see him slide to the 15 range and have his earning potential cut in half. His personal brand and immediate endorsement opportunities he’d normally get after the season will take an enormous hit.

Hard to say if it’s “good” or “bad” since he’ll still be a 1st round pick and make millions. With that said he had a shot at the number 2 or 3 pick and get over 30mil guaranteed. If the season comes to fruition and other players have a chance at more film I wouldn’t be shocked to see him slide to the 15 range and have his earning potential cut in half. His personal brand and immediate endorsement opportunities he’d normally get after the season will take an enormous hit.
For my giants it’s good that he’s Opting out so no matter thier pick they have a shot at him. Bad for us Miami guys haha. Time will tell with these things. Only negative I can see is that he only has 1 year of play since he was hurt and redshirted year 1. So teams will deff use that against him I’m sure

We’re in the middle of a major depression, not a recession, and the country is experiencing its biggest financial crisis is nearly 100 years. And that’s against a backdrop of a pandemic that could have long lasting and wide ranging impacts on athletes.

Rosseau would’ve been a **** fool to risk his health and millions of dollars given the stakes and the current environment.

EVERY single projected 1st and 2nd round pick would be wise to opt out. Heck, odds are we won’t have a season anyway, so don’t risk contracting the virus or getting hurt in fall camp, leading up to a season we probably won’t have in full. It’ll probably be only 2-4 games at best before complete cancellation

Advertisement
Would it really be a huge drop off if Phillips had 9 sacks?

I've stated I love Greg multiple times, but half his sacks came agains pitt and the worst fsu oline in the last 50 years.

Advertisement
We’re in the middle of a major depression, not a recession, and the country is experiencing its biggest financial crisis is nearly 100 years. And that’s against a backdrop of a pandemic that could have long lasting and wide ranging impacts on athletes.

Rosseau would’ve been a **** fool to risk his health and millions of dollars given the stakes and the current environment.

EVERY single projected 1st and 2nd round pick would be wise to opt out. Heck, odds are we won’t have a season anyway, so don’t risk contracting the virus or getting hurt in fall camp, leading up to a season we probably won’t have in full. It’ll probably be only 2-4 games at best before complete cancellation
Take your negativity elsewhere.

Under normal circumstances, yea but this whole year is a wash.. They will try to open senior bowl for underclassmen or so they say.. No one is gonna look at too negatively..

I haven't looked at all the guys opting out but I would guess that most if not all of them have a lot more experience than rousseau. That makes him an outlier and his position more risky.

Yeah, thanks four stopping bye Greg. I'm knot sure who played in more games at Miami, Rousseau or Apfenny3.

In 3 years we’ll be saying he should’ve stayed. One season.. **** one game is all it takes for UM fans to annoying you all world C and like clock work kids leaving early. I’m sure I’m in the minority but I highly doubt he’s anywhere near ready.

Advertisement
Back