Rousseau Opts out - F****

i think this is the one year where its understandable given that NFL players are opting out too. either way, i dont think we get through the entire season anyways

I fully agree.

I read what Díaz said today about the practice and trying to stay socially distant. But this is a contact sport.

I don’t think we will finish the season either. All these bodies. One kid test positive after he just played a whole game and has had physical contact with the entire other team.....hopeful we get a full season.

Advertisement
This is true. The age group from 0-24 dying of Covid is 1 in 250,000. Dying from crossing the street is 1 in 550.
Dying and being physically affected are 2 different things. Von Miller says he still hasn't returned to normal after recovering from Covid. People act like you either die or are completely fine when there is an entire spectrum of possible effects, and we still don't know about the long-term effects on the lungs.

I fully agree.

I read what Díaz said today about the practice and trying to stay socially distant. But this is a contact sport.

I don’t think we will finish the season either. All these bodies. One kid test positive after he just played a whole game and has had physical contact with the entire other team.....hopeful we get a full season.
theyre also not testing nearly enough before game day as it stands and this is without kids on campus

Florida State defensive tackle Marvin Wilson was one of the most outspoken voices about social justice issues during the offseason.

But he said Thursday that he has not been a part of any conversations like the ones that led to open letters from Big Ten and Pac-12 players demanding reforms and new standards for health, safety, race issues and player compensation.

Wilson, the No. 9 player on Mel Kiper's early 2021 NFL draft Big Board, said he never considered sitting out this season, and his focus is entirely local -- both on and off the field.

"I didn't come back to sit out and just go prepare for the league," Wilson said ahead of Florida State's first practice during the coronavirus pandemic. "That's taking the easy way out. For me, personally, I feel like I have work to do here in Tallahassee."

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...vin-wilson-calls-sitting-protest-easy-way-out

Now that's the right attitude.

Do you feel the same way when players choose to leave school early and go for the draft?
No because they played there required eligibility. They didn’t quit there junior year and sit out till the draft. Especially when there the best player on a team that can contend. But instead of leading by example like Ed Reed, he took the easy way out and let down his team and our chances to contend this year. You all can spin it how you want on here, this kid quit no different then Jeff Thomas did and you were all throwing shade at Thomas for doing it but all of a sudden GR 15 is immune to criticism For doing the same thing? Smh whatever!

Advertisement
EAD you Antifa faquit

Gosh, I feel bad for your child. You're the embodiment of why people should get approval before procreating. Smh

junkie.jpg

Advertisement
Big time players demand and git advances from agents. This can play a big paart in some players decision.

No because they played there required eligibility. They didn’t quit there junior year and sit out till the draft. Especially when there the best player on a team that can contend. But instead of leading by example like Ed Reed, he took the easy way out and let down his team and our chances to contend this year. You all can spin it how you want on here, this kid quit no different then Jeff Thomas did and you were all throwing shade at Thomas for doing it but all of a sudden GR 15 is immune to criticism For doing the same thing? Smh whatever!
I'm not spinning anything. I'm ambivalent to the move. I'd prefer him to play as I think that's in both his and the team's best interests, but I see no reason to think less of him for opting out.

Life's too short for grudges.

Advertisement
There is no way more than 15 teams pass on GR15. It wouldn’t surprise me if somebody in the 20s trades up to get inside the top 10 to get him. He’s young and hasn’t played that much football at a high level. His potential is through the roof.

There is no way more than 15 teams pass on GR15. It wouldn’t surprise me if somebody in the 20s trades up to get inside the top 10 to get him. He’s young and hasn’t played that much football at a high level. His potential is through the roof.

selfishly speaking, it only helps UM if he gets picked in the top 10 esp with the 22 class

Advertisement
You gotta be one dumb sumbitch to think six games of tape and skipping a season is gonna land you in top 20.

dude had shot at top 5.

MORAN

Be honest, if Manny Díaz were your coach and if you were in Greg Rosseau’s position, you’d opt out too in this scenario. Manny’s in over his head and Greg sees it.

Greg knows Manny can only hurt, not help his draft stock so he’s doing the smart thing and getting out now. Manny is a bigger risk to a players career than COVID-19

I tend to agree that he doesn’t have enough film. It’s gonna be a big risk taking him in the first round imo. I still think someone will but probably not top 10. Either way good luck to him.

Dying and being physically affected are 2 different things. Von Miller says he still hasn't returned to normal after recovering from Covid. People act like you either die or are completely fine when there is an entire spectrum of possible effects, and we still don't know about the long-term effects on the lungs.
See the Red Sox who are without a starting pitcher for the year due to heart issues he has after getting covid

Advertisement
Back