Rousseau Opts out - F****

Just confirmed by Manny Diaz
3C580573-D136-4028-AFAA-FAE23864ADB3.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well on this I still have to disagree with you Original. The best player on the 2000 team was dan Morgan and of course we all know Ed was on the 2001 team. Basically the point I was trying to make is this guy is our chase young these year, a kid that can actually win a championship for us all by himself and with the team we have and the chance we have to contend for him to just quit on his team by using the phony @ss corona excuse is bull$hit man! He gave up on this team and that is an unforgivable sin in my book as the clear cut best player on the team and had a chance to be the best player in all of CFB. Edgerrin would have never done that, ed would have never done that, Sean would have never done that, Sapp would have never done that, ray would have never done that, and Gino and many others would have never done that. It’s selfish no matter how you want to spin it and I’m surprised so very few of my fellow canes on her aren’t ******* ****ed about this and calling it what it is instead of just saying “wish him the best” and. “ cane forever”. Fvck that, he lost that right when he quit on this team today. Smh
Do you feel the same way when players choose to leave school early and go for the draft?

Opting out is tough.

On one hand, i see why highly rated kids would do it......for their own health and possibly that of their family. Some might use it as an easy out to not risk injury but i would think most are doing it for real concerns.

On the other hand.....they're taking a risk with their career and draft status. While teams understand guys opting out, seeing professionals do it, the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" league, next guy up attitude. Young guys don't usually get better sitting out an entire year. For college kids still learning how to manage their bodies, still learning their craft from coaching and reps in practice/games, still learning how to stay in football shape for an entire season without hitting a wall.....they're taking a risk but shutting it down for 16-18 months.

Advertisement
**** I just get in. Log onto the board and see this.....

I’ll be honest this is a MASSIVE LOSS to me at the moment.

He is the only one who proved himself in the Power 5.

Roche we need to see how he performs as a Cane against the P5. P5 ball and G5 ball are different.

Phillips with the injury and not really knowing what he can do is question mark. We all saw the high school tape and know what the potential can be. Can he become that? It’s a question mark until we suit up.

Harvey? What has he shown you all at the P5 level. I don’t care about the green tree all Americans anymore. Who strapped their helmet and balled?

Truthfully this defensive line has talent on paper. But nobody has proven anything at Miami just yet.

Hopefully they all perform to the levels you guys are optimistic about.

One of y’all said Greg wouldn’t have gotten 15 sacks.....maybe. But I think he was still good for 10+ sacks and creating enough pressure that the other guys on the DL including Roche would feast off of......

Big hit to me. Until I see these guys everyone’s optimistic about line up and play in a canes uniform.....I think it’s a big blow.

i understand it though.
Huge loss
. Don't worry I'll bump this thread in November.. watch the guys crying then.

Advertisement
Huge loss
. Don't worry I'll bump this thread in November.. watch the guys crying then.
I hope not a single cane fan is crying in November

We’ve got talent on paper and the Diaz scheme racks up sacks.....but I just don’t get how we got a squad full of unproven DEs and this board got everybody locked in as first round picks......

Let these guys prove themselves then hype them. I like Roches potential. I watched his tape and even watched some temple games on YouTube where I only focused on his impact.....I want to see it transfer to the P5 level.

He played GT, UNC, and Maryland last year. Had 1 sack in each game and was disruptive against Maryland.

I just want to see a full season with your boy and the overall step up in competition.

Once guys prove it we can crown them. Too many of us hype every player on the roster. We got unknowns all over the defense.

The only spot I feel best about is the safeties. Gurvan came on late. Bolden as well before the injury.

Everyone else needs to step it up. Defense is my favorite part of this sport. But we got some for sure questions.

Advertisement
Also I’m not saying he will drop out the first round. I’m actually just curious as to how the NFL is going to weigh these opt-outs vs guys who actually play the full season.

new names emerge every year so IDk

I hope not a single cane fan is crying in November

We’ve got talent on paper and the Diaz scheme racks up sacks.....but I just don’t get how we got a squad full of unproven DEs and this board got everybody locked in as first round picks......

Let these guys prove themselves then hype them. I like Roches potential. I watched his tape and even watched some temple games on YouTube where I only focused on his impact.....I want to see it transfer to the P5 level.

He played GT, UNC, and Maryland last year. Had 1 sack in each game and was disruptive against Maryland.

I just want to see a full season with your boy and the overall step up in competition.

Once guys prove it we can crown them. Too many of us hype every player on the roster. We got unknowns all over the defense.

The only spot I feel best about is the safeties. Gurvan came on late. Bolden as well before the injury.

Everyone else needs to step it up. Defense is my favorite part of this sport. But we got some for sure questions.
Huge questions and lost our best defensive game changer by a mile. Nobody knows about Roche. Phillips is one concussion away from being on a medical scholarship. Harvey all smoke and mirrors. No proven studs at all. Just potential.

Also I’m not saying he will drop out the first round. I’m actually just curious as to how the NFL is going to weigh these opt-outs vs guys who actually play the full season.

new names emerge every year so IDk

i think this is the one year where its understandable given that NFL players are opting out too. either way, i dont think we get through the entire season anyways

Advertisement
Back