Rousseau Opts out - F****

Advertisement
Come on guys. We all hate this but dont vent on him. We all know it's a business decision and not a covid one - but we cant blame him; his stock might be its highest right now.

Welp, that was quick. He was already in the agent process. Wonder why he waited so long

Advertisement
Yeah, a bunch of dopey guys on here think that 32 NFL teams are going to pass on the 32 most talented guys in the draft, because they opted out of a year of college.

I'll just wait for the NFL to cancel the first round and move right to the second round of the draft.
The draft is a upside game. The guys options out aren’t all of a sudden going to stop having the most upside because they opted out. Lol most of these guys are 1st round locks regardless

Advertisement
1st Round Lock. Greg isn't as skilled as a Myles Garrett for example.
Ok but people underestimate how these nfl team fall in love those combine numbers. Greg doesn’t have to be as skilled as him. If Greg can run a 4.6 and lift around 25 reps, he’s putting himself in the best position to be drafted high.

Advertisement
I hope Rousseau gets taken #1 overall. I really do. I THINK, that it is more likely he goes toward the end of RD 1 because he has limited film. There will be other players who emerge this year. The draft, like recruiting, is fluid.

I think Rousseau has a long and solid League career. I don't think he's an overnight celebrity. He has much to refine in his technique and to expand his variety of pass rush moves. He's not a finished product.

I am very disappointed that he won't be playing this year. It hurts. I'd prefer that he play.

I acknowledge fully that Rousseau doesn't owe the fans anything. The fans also don't owe him anything.

With this announcement and the quick signing with DR, I would not be at all surprised if he's not taking classes this fall. At the very least, I'd expect him not to be on campus.

Ok but people underestimate how these nfl team fall in love those combine numbers. Greg doesn’t have to be as skilled as him. If Greg can run a 4.6 and lift around 25 reps, he’s putting himself in the best position to be drafted high.
Yup just off measurables alone scouts/corches/gms will love him, he is an extremely unique players just based off that. I dont know if he will test off the charts but as long as he isnt just a complete negative he should be good, he will interview well enough, he is a good kid, etc. Some may dock him for 6 games of full film but others will fall in love, all it takes is one.

Also the director of senior bowl mentioned tryna get underclass men this year included because of opt out but Greg hypothetically wouldnt participate due to covid concerns, right??

Advertisement
Well that's extremely disappointing.

I've always thought if I was a scout me-first players would have a huge red flag on their record. But that doesn't seem to be how NFL teams operate these days.

Advertisement
Back