Rousseau Opts out - F****

I’m not going to bash a kid for making this type of decision for him and his family. But I know there is going to be one top player that comes out and says “I’m not letting my brothers down. I’m playing”. I wish it was Greg but it wasn’t. I’m guessing it’s going to be Lawrence

dont bet on it. clemson is getting set ot lose a ton of kids

Advertisement
“His brothers” won’t feed his family if something happens to him this year. Fans won’t pay him a salary if he has lung issues from a virus. He doesn’t owe you anything
It amazes me that “fans” get upset because a kid makes the right business decision for him and his family. Good luck to Greg. There’s more to come.

IMO I dont think stating facts are condescending. He said she had watched a lot of young adults die. I looked up an article that said at the end of July 12 people between the ages of 15-24 had died in the state of FL. So, odds are what he said is not true.

For the record, I respect him wanting to take care of his family. But I think he is using the virus as an excuse not to play. Kids are safer being at school with every precaution imaginable being taken at the facilities to keep them safe and they have healthcare there 24/7. Plus they wouldnt be at home to possibly spread it there if he did get it. He is opting out of playing because he doesnt want to get hurt, IMO. Either way I wish him nothing but the best and hope he has an incredible NFL career
Got ya. I don’t know his mother and where she works but my work place is in the heart of Houston. We’ve had a lot of younger deaths so it resonated with me. I don’t know his real motives but I support him

Imagine going through the entire 2020 wearing a mask improperly as often as you wear it properly, wearing masks that don’t protect against anything, or just not wearing masks whenever you feel like not wearing one...

miraculously was never hospitalized due to covid19 like 99% of the world but still say I’m going to Opt out of playing football bc of covid19??? 🤦🏽‍♂️

dont bet on it. clemson is getting set ot lose a ton of kids
Someone is going to break the mold and I will have a lot of respect for whoever does. Wish it was Greg but it’s not and I understand his thought process and wish him nothing but the best in the pro’s. We need another elite DL in the league

Advertisement
fwiw, i dont want to hear anyone calling him soft or a ***** start acting like they love any of these kids. hes our best player by a mile and the moment he upsets your trash *** from eating potato chips on saturday, you legit trashed him. the kid has every right to watch out for himself since he plays on saturdays not us. he risks injury every time while we get drunk and btich on a board.

Yes, he does risk injury. And that is why he is not playing, IMO. Which is fine and definitely his decision. But the data does not back up using the virus as a decision to not play. Either way I'll be rooting for him to succeed

he also stated long term health impacts on his lungs as well. again, we dont know what underlying conditions he may have
I'm not saying anything about his concerns or his reasons. Those are his and he doesn't need to justify his decision to me or anyone else.

@pacusmc said it was rare, this shows he's right.

fwiw, i dont want to hear anyone calling him soft or a ***** start acting like they love any of these kids. hes our best player by a mile and the moment he upsets your trash *** from eating potato chips on saturday, you legit trashed him. the kid has every right to watch out for himself since he plays on saturdays not us. he risks injury every time while we get drunk and btich on a board.

Rousseau aint our best player anymore... one hit wonder.

Advertisement
Does it go on for the athletic programs that have to shut down?

Stadium grounds crew? Vendors?

Trainers?

I have a real problem calling some people "essential" and others "not." If it was your job on the line, I don't think you'd take too kindly to it either.
All of those professions matter. I never said that they didn't, I said the world functions without football.

I'm a contact tracer so I am an essential worker by definition.

Got ya. I don’t know his mother and where she works but my work place is in the heart of Houston. We’ve had a lot of younger deaths so it resonated with me. I don’t know his real motives but I support him

I could definitely be wrong here. He could just be freaked out by this virus stuff as well. The fear is shoved down our throats daily by the media. I know people who have gotten so stressed out by this virus they had nervous breakdowns and had to be hospitalized and it hasnt dont a single thing to them or their family. It's absolutely crazy

Advertisement
Bro if you fall off that high horse you'll break your neck...

Im not gonna bash the kid at all. I would be curious to know though if he is opting out because he is concerned about the Virus and his health or he is just taking advantage of not getting hurt knowing he will most likely be a 1st round draft pick? I know it doesn't matter because he was able to make that decision but that is a pretty big distinction.

Advertisement
It sucks, but I get it. Anyone who thinks this has anything to do with COVID is a certified moron.

He's going to test EXTREMELY well at the combine and the scouts are already all over him. His stock can go nowhere but down unless he absolutely tears it up this year, in which case he'll go more or less where he's going to anyways.

We've had a lot of players over the last 10 years from here get some horrible advice...this is NOT one of those cases.

I wish him well but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. This program can't have nice things. It feels like every time we get some positive momentum bad news is right behind.

Why because I Support a player making a business decision, that's best for him and his family? Dude is literally 9 Months away from his family and himself life being changed forever. He shouldn't let any road block get in his way. He's literally at Ground Zero for Covid and can easily get it while staying in Miami. We have no idea how it will effect us long term. We also have no idea if Greg has underlining health issues either. He needs to take his *** to Montana or some **** and prepare for the combine so he can be safe and set himself up for life.

Hes 9 months away from being a 5th round pick now that he opted out.

Advertisement
Back