Rousseau Opts out - F****

Phillips is likely gone anyway. Just like Martell is transferring once he gets his degree. Phillips is a RS Junior this season, if he puts up any stats, he was likely to bounce.
We are essentially saying the same thing. He wasn’t likely going to get the numbers needed to bounce being the 3rd DE. Now being a starter it’s highly likely he gets those numbers. Could have happened either way but now the probability is higher.

Advertisement
If Diaz can keep landing top 8 classes, we can live with this. Lots of top players want to be 3 and out. Diaz can show recruits Miami is the fastest pipeline to the NFL. Not going to make them feel guilty like other coaches might for doing what is best for them. Staff will be honest with players about draft potential and help them make decisions accordingly. Just glad this is Miamis deepest position by far. The scheme has a way of making players look good (Jackson, Rosseau, Willis, many others) and we will have someone else put up double digit sacks.

Well in theory a 16 year old could quit. An essential employes is just that--essential. The world doesn't function if they don't work. The world goes on without football.
Does it go on for the athletic programs that have to shut down?

Stadium grounds crew? Vendors?

Trainers?

I have a real problem calling some people "essential" and others "not." If it was your job on the line, I don't think you'd take too kindly to it either.

Advertisement
IMO I dont think stating facts are condescending. He said she had watched a lot of young adults die. I looked up an article that said at the end of July 12 people between the ages of 15-24 had died in the state of FL. So, odds are what he said is not true.

For the record, I respect him wanting to take care of his family. But I think he is using the virus as an excuse not to play. Kids are safer being at school with every precaution imaginable being taken at the facilities to keep them safe and they have healthcare there 24/7. Plus they wouldnt be at home to possibly spread it there if he did get it. He is opting out of playing because he doesnt want to get hurt, IMO. Either way I wish him nothing but the best and hope he has an incredible NFL career
you smart

Advertisement
“His brothers” won’t feed his family if something happens to him this year. Fans won’t pay him a salary if he has lung issues from a virus. He doesn’t owe you anything
that's the mentality that has plague this program since '03 classes... no true loyalty from many of them... just use the U brand as a stepping stone to the NFL.... mean while.. the teams that been b*tch slapping everyone around keep their 1st rounders into their senior seasons....

Advertisement
fwiw, i dont want to hear anyone calling him soft or a ***** start acting like they love any of these kids. hes our best player by a mile and the moment he upsets your trash *** from eating potato chips on saturday, you legit trashed him. the kid has every right to watch out for himself since he plays on saturdays not us. he risks injury every time while we get drunk and btich on a board.

you dont work in her ED im guessing. thats a diff.
Only 23 under 25 in the entire state. Total. All year.

1596745900152.png

Advertisement
Smart Move.

He got hurt early and then they were slow to give him big reps even though he was clearly a freak and the most dominant defender on the team.

Playing this year was just a risk to of getting hurt.

OK out of my system. Done talking about it. What's done is done. Maybe he rethinks, probably not. I'm going to hang out in the recruiting forum and look forward to more good news. Palmetto 5 will be backbone of 2023 natty. As one of the maudes said, we might end up losing even more games this season because of the virus so all this belly aching could be over nothing.

I’m not going to bash a kid for making this type of decision for him and his family. But I know there is going to be one top player that comes out and says “I’m not letting my brothers down. I’m playing”. I wish it was Greg but it wasn’t. I’m guessing it’s going to be Lawrence

Advertisement
Back