Rousseau Opts out - F****

This is a spot the team is very deep, it sucks losing a guy of his talent but I do look forward to seeing some of the young guys flash.

Advertisement
he can freaking catch Covid at publix or anywhere else he goes... he's a freaking athlete in his early 20's with great medical staff and care and monitoring.....

I'm sorry... you can't paint this any other way when the entire team is going to play.. you know.... "his brothers".... QUITTER

i'm not being sour.. we got other horses at DE... but that's a sh*tty thing to do to your brothers... commitment, leadership... pfffttttttttttttttt

hope the NCAA allows more scholly's in these situations....
“His brothers” won’t feed his family if something happens to him this year. Fans won’t pay him a salary if he has lung issues from a virus. He doesn’t owe you anything

So staying home and going out is more of a risk than playing a physical sport with hundreds of different players AND going out? Got it!
Everyone is gonna be tested before they take the field. I guarantee you he has been around people this whole time and is not isolated. Dude you can sit in your room for next 6 months and if your girl comes over boom you get it. You dont know who has been around who, you will drive yourself crazy trying to hide and control environment.

Not playing is not gonna lower his chances. He is still gonna train around other players, eat out, see people, has nothing to do with covid, just use as excuse to get people off his back

“His brothers” won’t feed his family if something happens to him this year. Fans won’t pay him a salary if he has lung issues from a virus. He doesn’t owe you anything
So not playing guarantees this doesnt happen? It does not lower chance to play ball with other players who have all been tested

Advertisement
Good job picking out the last two Heisman winners at the QB position who played QB their entire lives and comparing it to a guy that never played DE until he got to UM and has a LOT of weaknesses.
Dewayne Haskins had a lot of weaknesses too, and he went Top 15. And you know who else never played a position before getting to college? The corner from Auburn that the Dolphins just drafted in the first round.

This comment is more so directed at professional athletes that are opting out... but it’s strange how they can “opt out” due to the idea of how dangerous covid19 is... but 16 yr olds couldn’t “opt out” from working at the nearest fast food restaurant as well as every other employee working at an “essential” businesses during the height of this epidemic??
Well in theory a 16 year old could quit. An essential employes is just that--essential. The world doesn't function if they don't work. The world goes on without football.

Advertisement
Everyone is gonna be tested before they take the field. I guarantee you he has been around people this whole time and is not isolated. Dude you can sit in your room for next 6 months and if your girl comes over boom you get it. You dont know who has been around who, you will drive yourself crazy trying to hide and control environment.

Not playing is not gonna lower his chances. He is still gonna train around other players, eat out, see people, has nothing to do with covid, just use as excuse to get people off his back
Wouldn't a much smaller environment be better if you're trying to not get sick as opposed to a larger one?

You nor I know why so why are you coming to that ultimatum?

theyre tested wednesday ebfore the game per NCAA guidelines.

Advertisement
Have all 12 of the 15-24 year old deaths died in her hospital? This is BS
Straight BS. I work i the ED. It’s whatever sports agent told them to say. Again I’m not blaming the kid for taking the cash. But this is the difference between bama Clemson and the rest of the playoff teams. Even without injuries most trench kids dont crack the starting job till their 3rd year cause of depth at those schools. We get a first rounder and he’s bouncing with half a season as a starter.
Jarez Parks for example hasn’t started one game for bama. He would be leaving for the 5th round right about now here. Until we do this a lot won’t change he here. Not only do those schools recruit elite trench players but they even start them until they’re grown and even keep them for they’re senior year.

Last edited:
All true. Agreed.

But the fans don't owe him anything either.

Advertisement
Maybe not but 22 have died in mine. Don’t be condescending
IMO I dont think stating facts are condescending. He said she had watched a lot of young adults die. I looked up an article that said at the end of July 12 people between the ages of 15-24 had died in the state of FL. So, odds are what he said is not true.

For the record, I respect him wanting to take care of his family. But I think he is using the virus as an excuse not to play. Kids are safer being at school with every precaution imaginable being taken at the facilities to keep them safe and they have healthcare there 24/7. Plus they wouldnt be at home to possibly spread it there if he did get it. He is opting out of playing because he doesnt want to get hurt, IMO. Either way I wish him nothing but the best and hope he has an incredible NFL career

I work in and adult ER and my wife works in pediatric one. Neither of us have yet to see a young healthy young adult die from covid. Plenty of older and very elderly but healthy under 30 athletes? Haven’t seen it.

you dont work in her ED im guessing. thats a diff.

Advertisement
Back