Rousseau Opts out - F****

Advertisement
So staying home and going out is more of a risk than playing a physical sport with hundreds of different players AND going out? Got it!
You think he's going to just stay home. He's a 20 year old kid. He's going to go out and train and I'm sure he still going to live life. Yes, I think that puts him at greater risk as opposed to being part of the team that the university is continuously testing and monitoring and handling with care.

Main reason this blows for me is that now if Phillips balls he’s gone too. I was banking on him coming on slow as the 3rd DE then be the leader of the defense on ‘21. He still may stay for his senior year but Manny May have to play the portal for leadership for ‘21 at DE.
Phillips is likely gone anyway. Just like Martell is transferring once he gets his degree. Phillips is a RS Junior this season, if he puts up any stats, he was likely to bounce.

This comment is more so directed at professional athletes that are opting out... but it’s strange how they can “opt out” due to the idea of how dangerous covid19 is... but 16 yr olds couldn’t “opt out” from working at the nearest fast food restaurant as well as every other employee working at an “essential” businesses during the height of this epidemic??

Advertisement
Advertisement
I get the choice for sure and honestly would probably do the same if I was in his spot but this could bite him in the *** if a season is played. NFL teams may not want to take him with only a half seasons worth of games started if some guys who do play this year light it up. Either way, he’s a Cane for life and I wish him the best!

You think he's going to just stay home. He's a 20 year old kid. He's going to go out and train and I'm sure he still going to live life. Yes, I think that puts him at greater risk as opposed to being part of the team that the university is continuously testing and monitoring and handling with care.
I did say "going out". Just as you're sure he'd be safe around the team's doctors, I'm sure he'll take even more precautions while he's not with the team. Nothing the team's or any doctors can do when you test positive.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wish the best for the young man but think this is a mistake, hope I'm wrong. Not enough game tape, not enough snaps playing high level college ball.

Advertisement
So does this mean he is going to stay completely quarantined and isolated until the draft to avoid all of these “risks”? No parties, girlfriends, clubs, bars, restaurants or grocery shopping right? Cuz it’s too risky? How does he work out? That’s very risky. How does he do drills and train? Risky... don’t feed me bull**** and tell me it’s steak. He opted out cuz he doesn’t want to go to college and play for free. Fine. Just don’t make it something it isn’t
No, what it means is that instead of working for free and risking his health and future earnings for the benefit of older mostly white rich men who are willing to sacrifice unpaid labor to keep the gravy train rolling for their self interested asses even in the face of a pandemic, he is going to focus on preparing himself for his one chance to be able to better himself and his family for generations.

Advertisement
Back