Rousseau Opts out - F****

Advertisement
100%. And what I've been saying for weeks. It's not a coincidence that this is happening for the first time in the history of the sport now that Covid is here. This is just an easy excuse to take a quick path to money. And truthfully I can't blame him too much. But let's call it what it is...it's a cop out. If the season was being played in the spring and he wouldn't have time to recover from a potential injury in time to work out, I get it. But the season is happening at the same time it has for 140 years, and nobody ever just skipped their last year. Covid is simply a shield to make taking the easy road seem acceptable.

man I don’t agree with you much, but he is 100% using Covid to secure his draft status as a top 20 pick instead of playing and potentially getting hurt/underperforming. Has zero to do with Covid, and is kinda a selfish bc this team with King can compete this year. Hopefully Jealen Phillips was the number one recruit in the nation for a reason. His time to shine.

Advertisement
There is no insurance for losing a family member, Or suffering unknowable heart/lung/brain damage from a virus no one knows long term effect on. 78% of Covid patients with heart scarring, how does that effect athletic performance in the long term? Who knows.

Understandably some fans want him to assume this risk for your personally entertainment, but he’s decided it’s better not to.

This isn’t Yearby or Bandy leaving early, this is the right decision for the best pass rusher in college football. Good luck to G15 sad it had to end this way, but practice starts tomorrow, let’s go!!!!
Exactly. Some of our fans have strong opinions about this virus and instead of wishing Greg well, they formulate negative ideas based around their opinion smh.

People have been on him hard to opt out.
Who are these people? Does he have high risk factors we don’t know about? A young guy like him would probably be asymptomatic. He better have a good reason for opting opt when he is being interviewed by the NFL scouts during the combine.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's projected as the number 4 overall pick in the 2021 Draft by CBS Sports, so I'm not sure it's a mistake draft wise.
He’s the top defensive end in every mock draft I’ve seen.

The same weak and wailing infants hoping he busts will be screaming from the rooftops when he’s a top 5-10 pick and balls out in the league.

Make no mistake, GR15 is the first top end talent made exclusively from Manny’s crooting board to the NFL. His success in the League will do more for Miami than his on field play ever could, especially in a season that will be lucky to have 6 games played.

lol keep telling yourself that. A LOT of the first round picks are opting out dude. nothing will really change his stock in a year where a ton of kids will not play

So let's wager on him going top 10 ... whatever you want to wager.

Advertisement
Classic Canes bullshyt. Guy plays one **** year and splits. He's hoping to go high off the hype.

Dudes are just using this opt out as an excuse to not play football. They're not scared of COVID.
What's the point of playing when you are a guaranteed 1st round pick threw a Covid season when you don't know if you're playing one week or the next. He can also get Covid and spread it to his family or at worst it can effect him long term. He can also suffer a season ending Injury. If you're a 1st Round Lock you shouldn't be playing in my opinion, go get that money and take care of your family for Life.

Greg Rousseau can do whatever he wants to do. He's a special football player.

I'm not sure he's a first round pick in 9 months without playing a snap.

Sucks for Miami football though. Clemson is likely to see a number of players opt out and it leaves the door wide open for us. Would be better for Rousseau to join us for the ride.

This is a loss but not a great loss. There are 85 players on the team and this arguably is the strongest unit we have in the defensive line. Like many I believe he made a horrendous decision based on 1.5 years of tape plus adding a year of not playing. Not a brilliant decision but lets move on and give other players a chance to excel. Better to talk about LT.

Huge mistake. Has limited game film and only really has a pass rush. Needs to play and better hone his skills. May not even be drafted now. Definitely no 1st round.

Advertisement
Back