Rousseau Opts out - F****

Advertisement
Unless this becomes a thing this year and a bunch of the top players opt out, (or he has high risk factors we don’t know about) and he is one of the few that opts out. It will definitely hurt him in the draft. Think about it from the NFL’s perspective, if Covid is still around and there is no cure which is not guaranteed, he is then going to be opting out of NFL seasons too....

We just lost our best player. An impact nfl type player we havent had, coming off our last 3 games where we got blown out by fiu, lost to duke and got skunked by la tech. We have been trending HARD on recruits but we have to show a respectable season or it will collapse, we need all the help we can get.
Its just football vet a grip....

Classic Canes bullshyt. Guy plays one **** year and splits. He's hoping to go high off the hype.

Dudes are just using this opt out as an excuse to not play football. They're not scared of COVID.

100%. And what I've been saying for weeks. It's not a coincidence that this is happening for the first time in the history of the sport now that Covid is here. This is just an easy excuse to take a quick path to money. And truthfully I can't blame him too much. But let's call it what it is...it's a cop out. If the season was being played in the spring and he wouldn't have time to recover from a potential injury in time to work out, I get it. But the season is happening at the same time it has for 140 years, and nobody ever just skipped their last year. Covid is simply a shield to make taking the easy road seem acceptable.

Advertisement
The thing I don't get is that the school can purchase insurance to protect his draft stock. That's how Clemson gets all these kids to stay. Don't understand why that hasn't been an effective tool for us.

There is no insurance for losing a family member, Or suffering unknowable heart/lung/brain damage from a virus no one knows long term effect on. 78% of Covid patients with heart scarring, how does that effect athletic performance in the long term? Who knows.

Understandably some fans want him to assume this risk for your personally entertainment, but he’s decided it’s better not to.

This isn’t Yearby or Bandy leaving early, this is the right decision for the best pass rusher in college football. Good luck to G15 sad it had to end this way, but practice starts tomorrow, let’s go!!!!

TacklesDef IntFumbles
YearSchoolConfClassPosGSoloAstTotLossSkIntYdsAvgTDPDFRYdsTDFF
*2016Ohio StateBig TenFRDE121712297.05.0000000
*2017Ohio StateBig TenSODL1419153416.08.5000201
*2018Ohio StateBig TenJRDE3113146.04.00000011
CareerOhio State47307729.017.50002012

He played in 17 more games than #15. #15 took quit and has 10 games of film.. Lmao he will not be a top 15 pick.. just watch.
Has anyone asked if he was coming back after sitting out, or is it 100% sure thing he is going pro? Not reading 20+ pages to find out.

Advertisement
As long as he's been advised by the right people.

If a player is all but sure to go in rounds 1-3, then you can't be mad at them for opting out. Disappointed sure. But never angry at a kid.

Bro, it's not about being mad, it's about being smart. The NFL isn't like the NBA or MLB where your salary is guaranteed. There is a 20 mil difference guaranteed between 5th and 15th. Things happen. A player literally lost an arm in a car accident before the season. Playing and ending up top 5 can make it a near lock that you will have generational wealth. Not playing and risking a fall to mid 1st means you are injury or illness away from losing 20 million dollars. I'm not mad at the kid, I just think it is a short-sighted view with too high a risk to opt out.

The same cat who go swallowed up in the bowl game.. Yall just got your orange and green glasses on.. Another 7-3 season... or maybe 8-3... **** #15 you punked out with only 10 games of NFL film.. Lol I am willing to cash app bet anyone that he won't be a top 15 pick with that little bit of film.

$Wade1LLC

Advertisement
This is a dumb/weird/expensive decision.

For the "worried about Covid or injury" crowd ... UM can buy him insurance which would protect his earnings potential. By all accounts GR15 has a very stable family who could also likely buy additional insurance (even if financed).

For the "he's a top 15 pick" crowd ... w/o playing he's not going top 15 on limited film. The difference between #5 and #25 is tens of millions of dollars.

For the "this is a dangerous/uncertain time" ... would you rather be a "regular" person or be monitored daily by a highly trained medical staff effectively getting the best care available 24/7?

Advertisement
Weren’t you the one who has been saying this for at least a week? You also predicted Rousseau?

Yes, I assumed he would opt out. Just thought it would be a high-risk move because of the body of work. I really want it to work out for him though. Looks good for the Canes to have a 3 star become a top 5 pick.

I played in college, D1, did you?

As a parent, there's way I would support something like this either.

***** move any way you look at it.

Being a parent doesn't make your opinion more qualified somehow. But I'm sure Michael Jackson's dad (the king of pop) would agree with you at least. "Who cares if my kid gets hurt, he's gotta do it my way."

Advertisement
Back