Rousseau Opts out - F****

So does this mean he is going to stay completely quarantined and isolated until the draft to avoid all of these “risks”? No parties, girlfriends, clubs, bars, restaurants or grocery shopping right? Cuz it’s too risky? How does he work out? That’s very risky. How does he do drills and train? Risky... don’t feed me bull**** and tell me it’s steak. He opted out cuz he doesn’t want to go to college and play for free. Fine. Just don’t make it something it isn’t
This x10000000000000000000

Advertisement
I feel the same way that I feel when someone opts out of their bowl game, it's chicken**** and bull****.

I'm a team player. When I played, you didn't have any of this soft *** **** and even if someone was injured, coaches would literally have to pull you off of the field. Man, these guys are so different from my time.

I would absolutely love to see Phillips, Roche, and whomever else go in front of him after balling out this year or next. I'll only miss him since if we need help in the middle, he was a viable option to slide over to DT with Roche and Phillips at the end for various plays.

Good luck regardless. Was a fan, not so much anymore. You'll get passed up by some players this year and I'll be surprised if you get picked up in the first round.

Old *** fat fart exaggerates his back in the day moment

You were a nobody relax

This is why people don’t respect athletes today. It’s not a health issue. They want to coast to the draft. What happened to competition? Smh
Yeah. We would have liked to see him compete. But at the end of the day, his career is more important than our personal wants from him. I wanted badly to see him play another season but I understand his decision.

so w his combo of size, ptoential and athleticism -- you see a team passing him up? this will be the only season where opting out wont hurt them in the eyes of GMs considering their own players are opting out.
I’m not predicting it, but it’s more likely than not.

He’s got one season of game tape and he was only a starter for half of that. His numbers are great, his potential looks great, but when teams really start dissecting film they may see flaws. It always a big plus to have more tape of consistent play when you’re looking in the top 15.

I will say he’s lucky to be in a weak year for pass rushers, so that could keep him that high.

I hope for his sake you are right. My opinion is that it is not the correct financial decision, which ultimately is the most important factor. We will see.

look if were being honest, were never getting through the college football season. hopefully we get a month in but itll be tough to finish it out.(hence why the ACC scheduled our tough games right away in september to get the big tv draw before a shut down). playing 3 games and possibly getting hurt isnt gonna help him. he already got hrut once. stay healthy and show out in the interviews and combine. ill welcome him to the fins as a top 5 pick in a heart beat

Advertisement
This stinks he would have cemented himself as top 5 pick if he played but have to respect his decision. Get paid hopefully he kills it at the combine and the NFL GM's don't forget about him. But at least we're stacked there with Roche, Phillips, Harvey, & Chantz. Those will be our top 4 will need them ready and they will be. We still might have multiple 1st rounders at End in next years draft. But this decision reminds me of Nick Bosa few years ago barely played in college because of injury but still went top 5 in draft

TacklesDef IntFumbles
YearSchoolConfClassPosGSoloAstTotLossSkIntYdsAvgTDPDFRYdsTDFF
*2016Ohio StateBig TenFRDE121712297.05.0000000
*2017Ohio StateBig TenSODL1419153416.08.5000201
*2018Ohio StateBig TenJRDE3113146.04.00000011
CareerOhio State47307729.017.50002012

He played in 17 more games than #15. #15 took quit and has 10 games of film.. Lmao he will not be a top 15 pick.. just watch.

I think we can agree this isn’t like a Norton, McIntosh, Kaaya, Yearby, Bandy situation. They declared early and were drafted wayyyy later than expected or, going undrafted. Rousseau isn’t falling out of the first round. Whether or not you agree with him opting out.

True, but there is a vast range of wealth there (within Round 1). Over $22 million difference between pick 2 and pick 32 for the 2020 draft picks.

So does this mean he is going to stay completely quarantined and isolated until the draft to avoid all of these “risks”? No parties, girlfriends, clubs, bars, restaurants or grocery shopping right? Cuz it’s too risky? How does he work out? That’s very risky. How does he do drills and train? Risky... don’t feed me bull**** and tell me it’s steak. He opted out cuz he doesn’t want to go to college and play for free. Fine. Just don’t make it something it isn’t
DEFINITELY CAN UNDERSTAND THAT!

Advertisement
So if the season happens without any major issues, and toward the middle other players like Phillips are balling out and surpass him on the draft boards, and then he wants to opt back in for no other reason than to keep himself in the first round, then would that be okay with you all?

Lawrence would be dumb not to opt out. He’s an actual lock to be the first player off the board. He’s already won a natty. Don’t understand why he’d play unless they’re paying him at Clemson to play.

Another interesting one is jamar chase is gonna play. He already said it. Not opting out. He’s a lock to be the first receiver off the board. It doesn’t make sense why they’d play but not Greg
[/QUOTE
Clemson will do whatever they have to do to get Lawrence and Etienne on the field.

No. Most of us truly believe he had the chance to go top 5 and were excited to take the journey with him. Watch him make it and cheer him on for it. This decision is a poor one.
No. Most of us truly believe he had the chance to go top 5 and were excited to take the journey with him. Watch him make it and cheer him on for it. This decision is a poor one.
He still does, and it’s his decision, he determines what is poor or not.

Advertisement
It sucks from a Canes standpoint, but I always knew this was possible. I mean, he's been projected in the top half of the 1st round. It's his choice, I hope it works out best for him. Of course we all wanted him to stay because it could have been special with him, Roche, Phillips, and co. But he's not, so get over it.

He's not betraying the team, he's doing what's best for him. I'd hope that the fans and his teammates understand that.

:laughing-1: stop it

Most of you are just mad

If he sucked, you all would be saying "I understand his decision, best of luck......Free scholarship opened up!"

Advertisement
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

"were excited to take this journey with him" ... from where, your couch?

do you guys read this **** before you post it? YOU DO NOT KNOW THIS MAN AND HE DOES NOT KNOW YOU. he owes you nothing. n o t h i n g. $0.00

Advertisement
Back