Rousseau Opts out - F****

Advertisement
So basically you are saying we should stop shooting for these 5* talents because they should and will bail on us?
Never said that. These are extenuating circumstances. He’s provided something for us and not for any other school. Therefore, he’s a Cane. When the dust settles and things get back to normal, this won’t happen.

Advertisement
This stinks he would have cemented himself as top 5 pick if he played but have to respect his decision. Get paid hopefully he kills it at the combine and the NFL GM's don't forget about him. But at least we're stacked there with Roche, Phillips, Harvey, & Chantz. Those will be our top 4 will need them ready and they will be. We still might have multiple 1st rounders at End in next years draft. But this decision reminds me of Nick Bosa few years ago barely played in college because of injury but still went top 5 in draft

when he shows out in the combine and measures in at what he measures in, youll see whos right. hes a first round pick likely still in the top 10. there will be a TON of elite kids opting out this season.
I hope for his sake you are right. He is going to be putting a lot on the line in the combine. What happens if he pulls a hamstring just before the combine and can't work out or isn't 100%? My opinion is that it is not the correct financial decision, which ultimately is the most important factor. We will see.

Not smart. He has so little tape that he can be passed by dudes that have a big year. Best of luck, but not the best move. Then again, when was the last time we had a player that made a wise decision?
Joe Burrow and Kyler Murray were just drafted #1 with one season of good tape... Rousseau 2019 tape is excellent, he doesn't need another season.

Advertisement
I feel the same way that I feel when someone opts out of their bowl game, it's chicken**** and bull****.

I'm a team player. When I played, you didn't have any of this soft *** **** and even if someone was injured, coaches would literally have to pull you off of the field. Man, these guys are so different from my time.

I would absolutely love to see Phillips, Roche, and whomever else go in front of him after balling out this year or next. I'll only miss him since if we need help in the middle, he was a viable option to slide over to DT with Roche and Phillips at the end for various plays.

Good luck regardless. Was a fan, not so much anymore. You'll get passed up by some players this year and I'll be surprised if you get picked up in the first round.
🤣 🤣 🤣🤣🤣

you were a team player cuz no one wanted to pay you $35 million to play football

Guys I follow the NFL Draft scouting community heavy. All this talk about Rousseau not being a 1st Rounder because of this is 100% absolute bull****. Rousseau has a 99.9% Chance of being a 1st Rounder. Scouts are in love with him. He's VERY likely still a Top 15 Pick... 6'7 255LBs Edge rushers who can run like LBs and can rush inside and out while holding up in the ground game are RARE. Rousseau would of been a Top 10 pick in this years Draft
Frankly, I don't give a **** about where he goes in the draft. I'm a Canes fan and he has betrayed his teammates by quitting on them.

this fanbase is as bad as the gator fanbase they clown on whenever they trash a kid. its the same people just wearing diff colors
We’re really not much different as a fan base.. and it wasn’t always this way. This loser mentality **** run deep.. it’ll change soon but Jesus

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lawrence would be dumb not to opt out. He’s an actual lock to be the first player off the board. He’s already won a natty. Don’t understand why he’d play unless they’re paying him at Clemson to play.

Another interesting one is jamar chase is gonna play. He already said it. Not opting out. He’s a lock to be the first receiver off the board. It doesn’t make sense why they’d play but not Greg

Advertisement
Back