Rousseau Opts out - F****

One year of film... one! With another season anywhere close to last year's he's a top 10 NFL draft pick.
Last year, the difference between drafted No. 7 and being drafted No. 17 was 9.4 million dollars. Business decision? I think maybe GR15 should stick around to take a couple more economics and finance classes at UM.

All that said, it's next man up. At least we are deep as **** at DE. Roche, Phillips, and Harvey, come and get some tape for those NFL scouts! You, too, Cam!

Advertisement
Not smart. He has so little tape that he can be passed by dudes that have a big year. Best of luck, but not the best move. Then again, when was the last time we had a player that made a wise decision?

Most guys don't make it to the 2nd contract. Sad but true. If he gets double digit sacks again, I think he's locked as a top 5. Don't think that is the case anymore. Look at it this way: You are an NFL GM picking in the top 10, you need a DE. You have 4 players on your board.

Player 1: Played 4 years, averaged 9 sacks per year
Player 2: Played 3 years, averaged 11 sacks per year
Player 3: Played 2 years: averaged 13 sacks per year.
Player 4: Played 3/4 of a season, had 15.5 sacks and sat out the following year.

Who do you spend your 1st pick on? Player 4 would not be my first choice, because the chance of him being a bust would be too high. A top 10 pick is just too valuable to use on a boom or bust player. You want to be sure you get at least some production out of the pick, because if you don't it could cost you your job. I'd use a late 1st or a 2nd round pick on him because the risk/reward is sufficient there.

you gonna not include the most important thing in there -- his ******* measurables that make GMs salivate over his potential? it isnt all about the numbers or film

some of y’all are crazy. His PROFESSION will be as a NFL player. Why risk it if it doesn’t need to be? It’s our deepest position by far. Does it hurt? Yup! Would another year of tape help? Probably. But he’s not a quitter, he’s not a flake, he’s not soft. God speed. I’m here to see Phillips, Harvey, Chantz..
Is he gonna stay in bubble til april?

Advertisement
Advertisement
In what world does sitting out increase his draft stock? All these mocks were still looking at his potential. This is going to cost him millions. The only way this doesn't is if he truly believes last season was a fluke and he wouldn't be able to replicate it because he was going to regress.

All this bįtching & moaning and people don’t recognize that a LOT of players are going to be following suit in the coming days and weeks. Yes we lose our best player, but Phillips is an absolute freak and he will take full advantage of this opportunity.

Either way, GR15 will make a lot of money at the next level and will ball out barring injury, that’s all that matters. Just my 2¢

yeah only one of the most plugged in and respected pro football scouts in the media. i guess i better listen to the draft evaluations from the ppl on this message board instead
Not saying he's wrong or you shouldn't listen to him. Just saying exactly what I said, that's one person's opinion. That's all.

Advertisement
Not gonna get worker up because we might not have a season but dude really just texted Diaz a dueces emoji while he was at press conference, lol.. Cold game

Advertisement
Most guys don't make it to the 2nd contract. Sad but true. If he gets double digit sacks again, I think he's locked as a top 5. Don't think that is the case anymore. Look at it this way: You are an NFL GM picking in the top 10, you need a DE. You have 4 players on your board.

Player 1: Played 4 years, averaged 9 sacks per year
Player 2: Played 3 years, averaged 11 sacks per year
Player 3: Played 2 years: averaged 13 sacks per year.
Player 4: Played 3/4 of a season, had 15.5 sacks and sat out the following year.

Who do you spend your 1st pick on? Player 4 would not be my first choice, because the chance of him being a bust would be too high. A top 10 pick is just too valuable to use on a boom or bust player. You want to be sure you get at least some production out of the pick, because if you don't it could cost you your job. I'd use a late 1st or a 2nd round pick on him because the risk/reward is sufficient there.
Production means hardly anything to GMs... It's all about Film and the type of person the player is.

I don't know how the opt-out works but I assume it isn't an irrevocable decision. Hopefully as the season gets closer he realizes he is costing himself tens of millions by sitting out.

1. He only has 3/4 of a season as a body of work
2. NFL GM's will think he is a selfish player who doesn't care about the team

He's going to fall out of top 10, wouldn't be surprised if he is still on the board at the end of day 1.
Calm down with the cap he’s a lock first rounder

Definitely rooting for Greg. Always a Cane. But some of you guys act like we shouldn't be hurt losing our BEST player. Not even just on D, but overall. Like c'mon! We haven't had anything like him in so long and only for half a season. So yes, it feels so premature but ay, I guess a premature nut is still a nut.
We can be hurt sure. But those calling him selfish or saying he's making a "b**** move" are pricks.

Advertisement
Back