Rousseau Opts out - F****

So does this mean he is going to stay completely quarantined and isolated until the draft to avoid all of these “risks”? No parties, girlfriends, clubs, bars, restaurants or grocery shopping right? Cuz it’s too risky? How does he work out? That’s very risky. How does he do drills and train? Risky... don’t feed me bull**** and tell me it’s steak. He opted out cuz he doesn’t want to go to college and play for free. Fine. Just don’t make it something it isn’t

Advertisement
Guys I follow the NFL Draft scouting community heavy. All this talk about Rousseau not being a 1st Rounder because of this is 100% absolute bull****. Rousseau has a 99.9% Chance of being a 1st Rounder. Scouts are in love with him. He's VERY likely still a Top 15 Pick... 6'7 255LBs Edge rushers who can run like LBs and can rush inside and out while holding up in the ground game are RARE. Rousseau would of been a Top 10 pick in this years Draft

bingo. they think you need 100000 years of tape to get picked. hes got one elite season even as a raw rusher and hes got insane measurables that scouts love.

To be fair, that's one person's opinion....
yeah only one of the most plugged in and respected pro football scouts in the media. i guess i better listen to the draft evaluations from the ppl on this message board instead

Advertisement
Won't be the last 1st round projected player to opt out. Just sucks we only got to really see him play half a season.

Advertisement
Zzzzzzzzzz.

It's a mistake. But hope he has a long career and makes up for it with the second contract ...
Most guys don't make it to the 2nd contract. Sad but true. If he gets double digit sacks again, I think he's locked as a top 5. Don't think that is the case anymore. Look at it this way: You are an NFL GM picking in the top 10, you need a DE. You have 4 players on your board.

Player 1: Played 4 years, averaged 9 sacks per year
Player 2: Played 3 years, averaged 11 sacks per year
Player 3: Played 2 years: averaged 13 sacks per year.
Player 4: Played 3/4 of a season, had 15.5 sacks and sat out the following year.

Who do you spend your 1st pick on? Player 4 would not be my first choice, because the chance of him being a bust would be too high. A top 10 pick is just too valuable to use on a boom or bust player. You want to be sure you get at least some production out of the pick, because if you don't it could cost you your job. I'd use a late 1st or a 2nd round pick on him because the risk/reward is sufficient there.

Dude the one thing that justifies college players not being paid is the chance to prove themselves to NFL teams. GR was 1 sack behind the #2 draft pick without starting 4 games. Now you wanna whine about him stepping out to protect himself? You gonna pay his NFL salary if something happens to him? He's proved himself enough

he wont. he doesnt give a **** bout the kid

Definitely rooting for Greg. Always a Cane. But some of you guys act like we shouldn't be hurt losing our BEST player. Not even just on D, but overall. Like c'mon! We haven't had anything like him in so long and only for half a season. So yes, it feels so premature but ay, I guess a premature nut is still a nut.

Advertisement
I think we can agree this isn’t like a Norton, McIntosh, Kaaya, Yearby, Bandy situation. They declared early and were drafted wayyyy later than expected or, going undrafted. Rousseau isn’t falling out of the first round. Whether or not you agree with him opting out.

Advertisement
Dude the one thing that justifies college players not being paid is the chance to prove themselves to NFL teams. GR was 1 sack behind the #2 draft pick without starting 4 games. Now you wanna whine about him stepping out to protect himself? You gonna pay his NFL salary if something happens to him? He's proved himself enough
If only there was some sort of an insurance policy he could get that would protect him.

So does this mean he is going to stay completely quarantined and isolated until the draft to avoid all of these “risks”? No parties, girlfriends, clubs, bars, restaurants or grocery shopping right? Cuz it’s too risky? How does he work out? That’s very risky. How does he do drills and train? Risky... don’t feed me bull**** and tell me it’s steak. He opted out cuz he doesn’t want to go to college and play for free. Fine. Just don’t make it something it isn’t
you sound like a child

Advertisement
Back