Rousseau Opts out - F****

some of y’all are crazy. His PROFESSION will be as a NFL player. Why risk it if it doesn’t need to be? It’s our deepest position by far. Does it hurt? Yup! Would another year of tape help? Probably. But he’s not a quitter, he’s not a flake, he’s not soft. God speed. I’m here to see Phillips, Harvey, Chantz..

Advertisement
Advertisement
No look I get it and it's more frustrating when it happens to your own team, but it's just a constant theme that happens here (at this point in time) more than other high-rated players on other teams. Only parsons and the VT CB have opted out that are significant players, and the latter can justify not playing for a locker room cancer of a coach. Additionally, Rousseau is hoping to get drafted as a top 15 pick based on one season of successful play in which he burst onto the national scene. There's no way to justify that if he was able to remotely replicate last season's success during this campaign (even if it was for half a season), then his draft stock would soar. Instead, you now have to convince scouts based on the limited film. Just my opinion.
this hurts me too as a fan I get it man. But I feel like y’all are being really insensitive. Greg is a class act

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Guys I follow the NFL Draft scouting community heavy. All this talk about Rousseau not being a 1st Rounder because of this is 100% absolute bull****. Rousseau has a 99.9% Chance of being a 1st Rounder. Scouts are in love with him. He's VERY likely still a Top 15 Pick... 6'7 255LBs Edge rushers who can run like LBs and can rush inside and out while holding up in the ground game are RARE. Rousseau would of been a Top 10 pick in this years Draft

I'm trying to be open minded and understanding here. You're right on A....maybe he has compromised family members. Of course we don't know. But hasn't he been on campus? Working out? Are the kids who are opting out saying that they feel they're more likely to contract the virus playing football than just living their everyday lives? Honestly just asking. I guess it's more risky, but unless he's quarantining I don't see how he's not taking risks in contracting it.

And B is my only other thought. These kids with these massive impending paydays are thinking they haven't trained properly?

I just really don't fully understand this. If this was something that happened all the time, I get it. Like if I was Trevor Lawrence, in a normal climate (no Covid), I'd have a long, hard look at playing ball this year. He's the #1 pick if he never takes another snap. So you're certainly risking a lot. But nobody has ever done this before. Now a virus comes along and people are choosing not to play because of the risk? What risk, exactly? Trying to learn here.

right now greg is a top 10 pick on basically every mock based on last year and his athleticism, size, potential (NFL drafts on this). an injury could only hurt him coming up esp with 1 month to basically get right and practice before the games begin. youll see more and more top 2 rounders opt out

Advertisement
some of y’all are crazy. His PROFESSION will be as a NFL player. Why risk it if it doesn’t need to be? It’s our deepest position by far. Does it hurt? Yup! Would another year of tape help? Probably. But he’s not a quitter, he’s not a flake, he’s not soft. God speed. I’m here to see Phillips, Harvey, Chantz..

So basically you are saying we should stop shooting for these 5* talents because they should and will bail on us?

No where near enough film to "opt out" the school should be able to opt out of the scholarship obligation. That obligation goes two ways and one just breached.

Dude the one thing that justifies college players not being paid is the chance to prove themselves to NFL teams. GR was 1 sack behind the #2 draft pick without starting 4 games. Now you wanna whine about him stepping out to protect himself? You gonna pay his NFL salary if something happens to him? He's proved himself enough

Advertisement
Back