Rousseau Opts out - F****

Also, does this give us another ship to give out this year or do we have to wait 'till next year to use it? Fuzzy on the whole opt out rules.

Advertisement
you don’t know how much a freak jaelan Phillips is as an edge rusher apparently. He’s just as gifted if not more than greg
I know that he has limited film at the college level, has a significant injury history, and hasn't played in over a year. Are teams looking at our 2-deep right now saying we have to double Jaelen Phillips?

1596740875182.gif

Advertisement
This might be a dumb question but what’s the point of sitting out? I really see no benefit other than preventing an injury.

Advertisement
eh, disappointed, but I think his soph film wasn't as developed as people might think. He's first rnd talent sure.

The thing I don't like is him opting out as its a scape goat of covid, not an actual concern about it. If he goes first rnd then all is forgiven, but I would not say thats a LOCK. He is not a top-5 pick, you will see that. He has played 1 full season. Lets see how this goes but for a team that had a real chance to do something, thats a bummer.
I don’t think he’s a lock at all tbh..some junior pass rusher could easily pass him up by having a strong szn and more tape..I get why a kid like Lawrence might sit..but a kid with 1 szn of tape..and 1 year of playing experience at the position..I don’t get it at all

Advertisement
Can someone explain to me why this is a smart move?

Like, I understand why it'd be normally. But this would have never happened without Covid. So is this just an excuse? Nobody has ever skipped a fall season before, as far as I know. So are the kids scared of Covid? Or they haven't trained properly, so they might risk injury? I just don't get how this is acceptable.

A. none of us know what his family may be dealing with in terms of risk factors
B. lack of training does hurt a lot of these guys esp as it relates to injuries (not even saying he didnt train, other guys may not have or may not have read the playbook and could still be learning the system with week 1 approaching soon)

Advertisement
I'll be honest, I was expecting a sophomore slump from him (which usually happens to freshmen that break out in a big way).

He might've thought the same and decided to just avoid it by sitting out. Let's be honest, it's unlikely he would've had 15+ sacks again.
I honestly think he didn't need THAT much production this yr. 7+ sacks(and a good amount of tfls) would have guaranteed him a spot in the 1st rd to me.

will he stay in classes and maintain his eligibility encase he changes his mind?

LOL if he's opting out because of Co-vid that would be the most ****** thing ever - I think it's just an excuse to not get hurt which is slightly more justifiable, yet still soft you won't play with your boys.
I’m not trying to attack you when I say this I promise. But when enough people type this.. and mean it, it’s unbearable. What if I asked you to tell 6’7 260 Greg he was soft to his face? All hypothetical

What exactly is not playing football gonna do for young kids who are not going to literally lock themselves in a basement and never come out?

The idea that there is gonna be some magic cure or vaccine in the near future is insanity. He can catch it just as easily picking up some food at Publix as he ever could playing football.

These kids arrive on campus and literally by day 2 can't wait to get the fvck off it.

Advertisement
Back