Rousseau getting big--Palm Beach Post

I wonder if we are looking at the next Calais campbell. CC came is skinny as ****. I don't think he turned into a full-time DT til after he got to the league

I want him great here not once he gets to the Nfl. We use to send DTs to NFL to teach the ones there how to be a DT. I love our pro players but they need to be great here first. Nesta and Miller need to end top 10 picks or Kul is not doing his job. He seems to have thing for DEs. The essential position for Miami defense, and I think he even said it, is DT like Nesta. I hope he can coach that position well too. Otherwise, Interior dline had to be the 10th coach and Mark really screwed up with not getting one. Until we see qbs running for their lives from a grizzly bear in orange and green will continue to make them look like all pros.

Advertisement
I want him great here not once he gets to the Nfl. We use to send DTs to NFL to teach the ones there how to be a DT. I love our pro players but they need to be great here first. Nesta and Miller need to end top 10 picks or Kul is not doing his job. He seems to have thing for DEs. The essential position for Miami defense, and I think he even said it, is DT like Nesta. I hope he can coach that position well too. Otherwise, Interior dline had to be the 10th coach and Mark really screwed up with not getting one. Until we see qbs running for their lives from a grizzly bear in orange and green will continue to make them look like all pros.
McIntosh was great here what are you talking about? And Norton was good here too

Can someone that watches a lot of film provide some input here? Is it me or does Rousseau's first step in his film look really slow? Is that normal for a WDE? I know he is only a 3 star but maybe with better technique and proper fast twitch muscle gains that will improve some.

Can't wait to see this kid in the spring - but i agree weight gain is a bad thing unless done properly. DJax put on bad weight early in his career and it held him back at the start. I would rather have a guy a bit undersized but quick/agile than a guy who's body doesn't fit him anymore.

Can someone that watches a lot of film provide some input here? Is it me or does Rousseau's first step in his film look really slow? Is that normal for a WDE? I know he is only a 3 star but maybe with better technique and proper fast twitch muscle gains that will improve some.

He played Safety and LB in high school, as well as WR. A lot more read and react than he will be doing at DE.

Advertisement
He played Safety and LB in high school, as well as WR. A lot more read and react than he will be doing at DE.

I was actually referencing when he was playing stand up DE in one video I saw on his HS 247 page but you can see it when he was playing WR too. First step needs work. He's putting on good weight hopefully and already has the size so if he gets that first step improved that'll be huge for him.

Rousseau has a chance to be special just due to genetics. Some guys are just lucky like that.

The kid is 6'7"! 240 by Fall is good enough to see the field and maintain his athleticism. His upside is through the roof.

Joe jax
Garvin
Rousseau

Cam Williams

We seem to be hitting our mark for 1 “freak” DE a cycle. Kul/Diaz just need to compliment that with more talent (aka quantity) so we have a well rounded, deep d line.

Just a side note, with these freaks on the d line, Diaz can’t be getting cute on third and long. Line up Garvin, Djax, Willis, and Joe Jax and tell them to go eat. Have the back 7 play sound, fundamental coverage. It hurt my heart to see some of our third down down defense when we had the DL that we did last year.

In case anyone else was wondering how to say his name.

Pronunciation: Roo-SO

Last edited:
Advertisement
240-245 at most .......Then I'm going even further back and hoping he can blossom into the second coming of Ted Hendricks

This dude has a chance to be scary with his length and athleticism. Guy was playing DB and WR, and playing them well, so we know he can move.

Mad Stork Jr.

What are you ranting about? Embarrassing post. McIntosh and Norton are both going to be drafted and make NFL teams. If someone doesn’t turn into a top 10 pick Kool failed? Man, shut the **** up.

Calais was amazing here his sophomore year when we had Palermo coaching the DL. He was being taked about as the potential #1 pick in the 08 draft, then he had to deal with Clint Hurtt his junior year. He was obviously a great player.

Advertisement
This kid has freak all over him love it he will play valuable minutes this year gotta love it

Now that McIntosh and Norton are gone, I hope they both get drafted top 2 rounds so we can continue to bring in top talent at the position.

In regards to old Greg here, kid is going to be a freak and an early contributor for us this year. Watch him get some snaps on both sides of the line, if I had to guess. The WDE being dominated by JJax and Garvin will allow for some PT on the other side with DJax and Patches Ohooligan

Advertisement
Yeah, Palermo was a fine DL coach.

Also wasn't a fan of recruiting, but a great teacher.

Wish he would've been here more than a year.

What are you ranting about? Embarrassing post. McIntosh and Norton are both going to be drafted and make NFL teams. If someone doesn’t turn into a top 10 pick Kool failed? Man, shut the **** up.

Calais was amazing here his sophomore year when we had Palermo coaching the DL. He was being taked about as the potential #1 pick in the 08 draft, then he had to deal with Clint Hurtt his junior year. He was obviously a great player.

I was actually referencing when he was playing stand up DE in one video I saw on his HS 247 page but you can see it when he was playing WR too. First step needs work. He's putting on good weight hopefully and already has the size so if he gets that first step improved that'll be huge for him.

My bad. Both he and Miller are freaks that would really benefit from a redshirt year to gain strength and improve technique. Unfortunately, if we don’t sign some GT/Juco DL they may be forced to contribute as freshman.

6’7 230 pounds.....kids already a freak sheesh I’m already picturing him coming off the edge looking like a T-Rex chasing QBs

>>>>>> Andrew Chatfield

right now..NO.
But with proper development and strength/weight gain...his upside is wayyy up there. I always compared him similar to Dion Jordan at Oregon...a big guy that is comfortable in space and in coverage.

Advertisement
Back