Rousseau getting big--Palm Beach Post

randolph herndon

Freshman
Banned
* Asked about early enrollees, who dove into UM’s “mat drills” program this week, Richt said “the first guy that got my attention” was defensive end Gregory Rousseau, whom he said gained some 15 pounds in a month. Rousseau is listed at 6-7 and 230 pounds. “Gilbert Frierson, tall, long, athletic corner. D.J. Ivey, same thing. Gurvan Hall … he looks great. [Lorenzo] Lingard, what you would expect from one of the best running backs in America, not afraid to do his thing.” He named all 10 players, happy they were “getting ahead of the game” by enrolling early."

http://caneswatch.blog.mypalmbeachp...th-assistant-coach-early-enrollees-transfers/

Advertisement
We need him back. If he can get to 250 when the season starts......................... look out.

Advertisement
He can really move with speed. i read they want to use him as a hybrid DE/LB. He will be 240 by summer maybe more.

If you watch his Zagacki interview you can see that he has already gotten significantly bigger. He is going to be a special athlete and **** learn how to play DE properly. Kool seems to love DEs like him—tall, rangy, and can run down plays from anywhere. Cam Williams is similar in style.

But Rousseau is three inches taller. That said, I'm not sure we need to get Rousseau that big that fast.
We definitely don't want to get him too big too fast. You want it to be good weight not bad weight. Eventually by his jr-sr year we'd want him about 260-270+lbs but we wanna make sure he's gaining good weigh and keeping as lean as possible and the weight doesn't slow him down. Ideally this year he'll be playing at 240-245lbs- But thats by the start of the season.

Advertisement
We definitely don't want to get him too big too fast. You want it to be good weight not bad weight. Eventually by his jr-sr year we'd want him about 260-270+lbs but we wanna make sure he's gaining good weigh and keeping as lean as possible and the weight doesn't slow him down. Ideally this year he'll be playing at 240-245lbs- But thats by the start of the season.

That seems about right.

I wonder if we are looking at the next Calais campbell. CC came is skinny as ****. I don't think he turned into a full-time DT til after he got to the league

Attachments

• press_brake_pedal_324.jpg
    press_brake_pedal_324.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 6
Advertisement
Advertisement
If you watch his Zagacki interview you can see that he has already gotten significantly bigger. He is going to be a special athlete and **** learn how to play DE properly. Kool seems to love DEs like him—tall, rangy, and can run down plays from anywhere. Cam Williams is similar in style.

It was noticeable how think his lower body was. This isn't Jon Square 2.0 here. This looks like a guy ready to play right away in certain packages and being like a queen on the chessboard and being used all over the place

Garvin & Rousseau both have NBA arm length with their Pterodactyl like wingspans.

They could both get sacks without even rushing, just stand at the LOS, reach over an OL & snatch up a QB out the pocket holding him by his collar with his feet dangling lol

Campbell played strictly on the outside at Miami.

Didn't expect him to become so dominant in the NFL - good to see.

I wonder if we are looking at the next Calais campbell. CC came is skinny as ****. I don't think he turned into a full-time DT til after he got to the league

Advertisement
Back