Rosier

I guess the OP doesn't like CI since he didn't send any of his posts from his FatCruller2starMobileDevice powered by DoritoTalkDEcoveringWR.com

Advertisement
I think Rosier makes perfect sense. The reality is that when it comes to QBs, not many top QBs are going to go to the same school in the same year. And even if by some chance they do, you often get one of them transferring out if they lose out for the too spot in that class. Rosier has great measurables for a dual threat bigger QB. But he's very raw. That means expectations for him will be to RS and have time to develop rather than a kid who is looking to compete for a starting spot right away and may transfer if be doesnt get it. Rosier looks more like a long term depth/ project kid with major upside if it pans out. I also think Coley sees an "under the radar" type kid who is close to blowing up at the next level, from a small shtty program where he has probably had very little coaching.

Kid has a solid arm, good size and very nice wheels. And he's likely to be ok with being shirted and taking a few years to develop so it would be less drama over playing time. We already have 3 guys who will compete for PT in the fall. It should be nice to have one who be ok being patient and providing depth while he develops.

Am going to trust Coley here. He cut Edouard loose for his kid. Passed up other kids like Mahalik who are really into us. Passed over Treon and Winky. All guys they had plenty of time to evaluate.

Again. This is how Butch did it. Not saying Rosier is going to do jack, but this was the formula. Find the kid who hasn't had the coaching, or the sophisticated training and is getti g reedy to blow up, not the kid who is maxed out or close to being maxed out.

The big difference is that Butch actually had a competent staff that could develop those guys.

I'd love for someone to list the QBs that Butch Davis recruited because that was one position he had a fair amount of misses. Dorsey saved the day there.

I guess the OP doesn't like CI since he didn't send any of his posts from his FatCruller2starMobileDevice powered by DoritoTalkDEcoveringWR.com

Essentially this is correct. My special porsting devices are too good for this place. I reserve them for the specialness that is the WEZ.

I don't think you recruit a back up... I think everyone should have ambition to start and if you don't win out, contribute at the highest level possible... I don't want any recruits conceding that they're only on board to be a back up... In regards to being incorporated in certain packages I'm assuming that's for this year only... No quality recruit would concede to being second string without even competing first...

Ok randy. Yeah let's just not have backup qbs

Advertisement
And LOL at Olsen being soft because he posts pictures with his GF. WTF kind of logic is that?

I think Rosier makes perfect sense. The reality is that when it comes to QBs, not many top QBs are going to go to the same school in the same year. And even if by some chance they do, you often get one of them transferring out if they lose out for the too spot in that class. Rosier has great measurables for a dual threat bigger QB. But he's very raw. That means expectations for him will be to RS and have time to develop rather than a kid who is looking to compete for a starting spot right away and may transfer if be doesnt get it. Rosier looks more like a long term depth/ project kid with major upside if it pans out. I also think Coley sees an "under the radar" type kid who is close to blowing up at the next level, from a small shtty program where he has probably had very little coaching.

Kid has a solid arm, good size and very nice wheels. And he's likely to be ok with being shirted and taking a few years to develop so it would be less drama over playing time. We already have 3 guys who will compete for PT in the fall. It should be nice to have one who be ok being patient and providing depth while he develops.

Am going to trust Coley here. He cut Edouard loose for his kid. Passed up other kids like Mahalik who are really into us. Passed over Treon and Winky. All guys they had plenty of time to evaluate.

Again. This is how Butch did it. Not saying Rosier is going to do jack, but this was the formula. Find the kid who hasn't had the coaching, or the sophisticated training and is getti g reedy to blow up, not the kid who is maxed out or close to being maxed out.

The big difference is that Butch actually had a competent staff that could develop those guys.

I'd love for someone to list the QBs that Butch Davis recruited because that was one position he had a fair amount of misses. Dorsey saved the day there.

Lol, Dorsey was a pretty huge "hit" brother

Question though...

I realize that the recruiting game has drastically changed since the 90s, but how highly sought after was Ken? Was he a national recruit?

I don't think you recruit a back up... I think everyone should have ambition to start and if you don't win out, contribute at the highest level possible... I don't want any recruits conceding that they're only on board to be a back up... In regards to being incorporated in certain packages I'm assuming that's for this year only... No quality recruit would concede to being second string without even competing first...

Never said not to have a back up... You don't recruit a back up... Competition dictates a back up... That's an ignorant post from you... If you feel he's a good quality qb despite the star ranking then you recruit him with the expectations to eventually start... Neither of the prospects have played a snap... Therefore, assuming one qb will be the starter and the other a back up with competing is bad recruiting... Once again no coach recruits a prospect to be a back up... You recruit hoping everyone can eventually start and if not then they would eventually provide depth...

Never said not to have a back up... You don't recruit a back up... Competition dictates a back up... That's an ignorant post from you... If you feel he's a good quality qb despite the star ranking then you recruit him with the expectations to eventually start... Neither of the prospects have played a snap... Therefore, assuming one qb will be the starter and the other a back up with competing is bad recruiting... Once again no coach recruits a prospect to be a back up... You recruit hoping everyone can eventually start and if not then they would eventually provide depth...

Plenty of competition at the QB spot now most since Jacory VS Marve.

Advertisement

Question though...

I realize that the recruiting game has drastically changed since the 90s, but how highly sought after was Ken? Was he a national recruit?

I'm not sure but I believe Tennessee was interested and a competitive for his services...

Plenty of competition at the QB spot now most since Jacory VS Marve.

I agree this is the first time since then there were no clear cut starters, which was the case back then... Everyone is equal despite the difference in years smong the qbs... My point is we didn't recruit Rosier to be a back up...

Just hard to understand why you wouldn't take an athletic freak as the second qb, as it opens the possibility to a position move if he does not pan out (e.g. Winky or Harris).

Advertisement

Question though...

Yes. Tennessee was another option for him, and that was a top program at the time.

Alright you guys Rosier is not being recruited to be the starting quarterback for the University of Miami. He is a guy that understands he will most likely play a back-up roll and be ok with it not many people will. His purpose is for certain packages. Perhaps a wildcat or something of the sort. He said it himself in an interview on here that even if he doesn't win the starting job Coley said he will be used in certain packages and he will help contribute

In an interview Rosier said Coley envisions him in the wildcat.

Question though...

Yes. Tennessee was another option for him, and that was a top program at the time.

My recollection is that Dorsey was top ten nationally in the recruiting lists.

Advertisement
Out of all the current commits, he's the one I just don't understand. He doesn't fit.

Something explain to me the real deal with him. Why did we recruit him - what's the end-game.

Disagree... Read option QB's are here to stay and he fits that mold perfectly!

Out of all the current commits, he's the one I just don't understand. He doesn't fit.

Something explain to me the real deal with him. Why did we recruit him - what's the end-game.

Then why the **** did they take so long to offer Treon...who is 3 times the prospect plus a local kid with ties.

******* mind boggling.

Question though...

Ken Dorsey was a USA Today Honorable Mention All-American. A National Recruiting Advisor Preseason Top 100 pick.

1st team USA Today QB was Chris Simms I think that year.

Here are a few from Butch: Kenny Kelly, Crudup, Steve Kelly, Zach Hart, Troy Prasek

Then why the **** did they take so long to offer Treon...who is 3 times the prospect plus a local kid with ties.

****ing mind boggling.

LMAO at Treon being a 3 times better QB prospect.

In no way is he a better QB prospect.

You must be a member of the Harris family.

Advertisement
Back