Rosier

Cane Empire

I'm your huckleberry
Out of all the current commits, he's the one I just don't understand. He doesn't fit.

Something explain to me the real deal with him. Why did we recruit him - what's the end-game.

Advertisement
Coleys call. Scouted him and sees something in him I guess. Honestly we might need a guy who can be a solid backup because crow sucks and I think olsen bounces when kaaya beats him out

I think he looks like a solid project QB. Has the size and athletic ability. Just reminds me of a mobile Ryan Williams, solid senior QB/good backup.

This needs to be a 2qb class. Honestly we have whiffed just as hard at qb as at rb and dt in recent years. 2011 we needed one and didn't get one. 2012 we spent 2 ship on Dewey and crow who will collectively net us nothing. Olsen seems like a party boy and looks soft on instagram with his gf every 5 mins. Don't think he's that focused. So really it's kaaya or bust

Which makes the treon, Sean white situation all the more bizarre to me. It's a spot where we legit NEED a long term starter to emerge from this class and we bet the house on a high riser from Cali, granted its lookin good, but it was a massive risk.

Advertisement
I think Rosier is going to surprise people... He will at the very least keep Kaaya working hard to stay ahead.

I thought Rosier is really more like 5'10"? Seems like it was someone on here who said they'd seen him up close...

Land TV and keep what we have and really I'd have to objectively be pretty satisfied with this class -- except for losing out on a second of the big SF runningbacks and Rosier.

Advertisement
I think Rosier makes perfect sense. The reality is that when it comes to QBs, not many top QBs are going to go to the same school in the same year. And even if by some chance they do, you often get one of them transferring out if they lose out for the too spot in that class. Rosier has great measurables for a dual threat bigger QB. But he's very raw. That means expectations for him will be to RS and have time to develop rather than a kid who is looking to compete for a starting spot right away and may transfer if be doesnt get it. Rosier looks more like a long term depth/ project kid with major upside if it pans out. I also think Coley sees an "under the radar" type kid who is close to blowing up at the next level, from a small shtty program where he has probably had very little coaching.

Kid has a solid arm, good size and very nice wheels. And he's likely to be ok with being shirted and taking a few years to develop so it would be less drama over playing time. We already have 3 guys who will compete for PT in the fall. It should be nice to have one who be ok being patient and providing depth while he develops.

Am going to trust Coley here. He cut Edouard loose for his kid. Passed up other kids like Mahalik who are really into us. Passed over Treon and Winky. All guys they had plenty of time to evaluate.

Again. This is how Butch did it. Not saying Rosier is going to do jack, but this was the formula. Find the kid who hasn't had the coaching, or the sophisticated training and is getti g reedy to blow up, not the kid who is maxed out or close to being maxed out.

I think Rosier makes perfect sense. The reality is that when it comes to QBs, not many top QBs are going to go to the same school in the same year. And even if by some chance they do, you often get one of them transferring out if they lose out for the too spot in that class. Rosier has great measurables for a dual threat bigger QB. But he's very raw. That means expectations for him will be to RS and have time to develop rather than a kid who is looking to compete for a starting spot right away and may transfer if be doesnt get it. Rosier looks more like a long term depth/ project kid with major upside if it pans out. I also think Coley sees an "under the radar" type kid who is close to blowing up at the next level, from a small shtty program where he has probably had very little coaching.

Kid has a solid arm, good size and very nice wheels. And he's likely to be ok with being shirted and taking a few years to develop so it would be less drama over playing time. We already have 3 guys who will compete for PT in the fall. It should be nice to have one who be ok being patient and providing depth while he develops.

Am going to trust Coley here. He cut Edouard loose for his kid. Passed up other kids like Mahalik who are really into us. Passed over Treon and Winky. All guys they had plenty of time to evaluate.

Again. This is how Butch did it. Not saying Rosier is going to do jack, but this was the formula. Find the kid who hasn't had the coaching, or the sophisticated training and is getti g reedy to blow up, not the kid who is maxed out or close to being maxed out.

The big difference is that Butch actually had a competent staff that could develop those guys.

Out of all the current commits, he's the one I just don't understand. He doesn't fit.

Something explain to me the real deal with him. Why did we recruit him - what's the end-game.

i agree other than coley likes duel threat guys.
Dueling is illegal.
touche no pun intended...dual.

Liar. That pun was very much intended. And I'm corny enough to dig it.

I see a kid with decent measurables (if they're accurate) and the ability to take off. Definitely a project. If it were up to me, I'd take Treon over him though due to Treons rep and pull down in SFla. I've never voted against taking a BTW kid.

Advertisement
Mind boggling that they offered this kid so early yet were reluctant to offer Treon until late.

This is exactly the type of thing that makes this staff look incompetent. If you knew going in that the 2nd QB position you were going to take was going to be a dual threat project....how on earth do you justify NOT making Treon the #1 target for such a roster spot.

Hometown kid - check
Huge ties to the local community - check
A leader, who happened to lead the #1 high school team in the country - check
Gamebreaking talent - check

Other than all that....yeah...offering Rosier over Treon makes all the sense in the world.

Trust the Trend.

Mind boggling that they offered this kid so early yet were reluctant to offer Treon until late.

This is exactly the type of thing that makes this staff look incompetent. If you knew going in that the 2nd QB position you were going to take was going to be a dual threat project....how on earth do you justify NOT making Treon the #1 target for such a roster spot.

Hometown kid - check
Huge ties to the local community - check
A leader, who happened to lead the #1 high school team in the country - check
Gamebreaking talent - check

Other than all that....yeah...offering Rosier over Treon makes all the sense in the world.

Trust the Trend.

:ohlord:

Alright you guys Rosier is not being recruited to be the starting quarterback for the University of Miami. He is a guy that understands he will most likely play a back-up roll and be ok with it not many people will. His purpose is for certain packages. Perhaps a wildcat or something of the sort. He said it himself in an interview on here that even if he doesn't win the starting job Coley said he will be used in certain packages and he will help contribute

Advertisement
I don't think you recruit a back up... I think everyone should have ambition to start and if you don't win out, contribute at the highest level possible... I don't want any recruits conceding that they're only on board to be a back up... In regards to being incorporated in certain packages I'm assuming that's for this year only... No quality recruit would concede to being second string without even competing first...

Alright you guys Rosier is not being recruited to be the starting quarterback for the University of Miami. He is a guy that understands he will most likely play a back-up roll and be ok with it not many people will. His purpose is for certain packages. Perhaps a wildcat or something of the sort. He said it himself in an interview on here that even if he doesn't win the starting job Coley said he will be used in certain packages and he will help contribute

I don't think he starts, but I do feel he will be used in some capacity he is the only real mobile quarterback we have.

Gonna be a good scout team QB for mobile QBs we face.

Hoping he develops into some type of weapon for us down the line.

Well, let's hope Rosier isn't reading this board. Highly doubt an 18-19 year old kid is coming to Miami with a goal of being a backup. Or that we're recruiting him to be a clipboard holder. If we are, then the staff does need to be blown up.
Let's trust that Coley can evaluate talent and develop it. As stated above, he evaluated Rosier and local dual-threat QBs and obviously decided on this kid for whatever reasons. He'll get a redshirt and, at least initially, probably be an athletic QB and great kid to have run the scout team. QB depth is a must and time will sort this all out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back