Rosier

Out of all the current commits, he's the one I just don't understand. He doesn't fit.

Something explain to me the real deal with him. Why did we recruit him - what's the end-game.

Disagree... Read option QB's are here to stay and he fits that mold perfectly!

Then why the **** did they take so long to offer Treon...who is 3 times the prospect plus a local kid with ties.

****ing mind boggling.

Because QB's are recruited very early on. Rosier and Kaaya and Edouard were all committed last summer. We squeezed Edouard out the door and were left with 2 QB 's. Many thought Treon would convert over to DB since he is a heck of an athlete. In fact, I think he for invited to the Opening and another event as a DB, not as a QB. The offer from FSU was possibly a combination of things, I.E. Establish a pipeline, a little gift for M6 and third, if Treon flopped as a QB after year 1 (which he was going to redshirt anyways) he could then be flipped to DB. FSU has enough talent to absorb this. Treon, accepted the offer this fall as it was his best option. Treon also balled out this year as a QB to establish himself as a legitimate D1 QB. He did great an deserves the attention he is getting! Lastly, we did NOT know how bad the NCAA was going to spank us and we had pressing needs on the lines. Finally, Auburn and other teams are proving this style of offense can work effectively on the national level. That's why the late offer....

Advertisement
Kid has been solid to us from day one And coley obviously sees something in him. Don't think we are giving him a fair shot

Out of all the current commits, he's the one I just don't understand. He doesn't fit.

Something explain to me the real deal with him. Why did we recruit him - what's the end-game.

Then why the **** did they take so long to offer Treon...who is 3 times the prospect plus a local kid with ties.

****ing mind boggling.

LMAO at Treon being a 3 times better QB prospect.

In no way is he a better QB prospect.

You must be a member of the Harris family.

I'm no fan of Ice...you got the wrong poster.

But while I may not be a huge fan of the Harris family...there is no denying Treon is a baller. And you're missing the point...you take him and give him a shot at QB...if he wins the job great...if not you've got an offensive weapon no matter where you decide to play him.

It's ridiculous that he was offered as a QB this late, especially in a year where they are taking 2 QB's.

Last edited:

****ing mind boggling.

But while I may not be a huge fan of the Harris family...there is no denying Treon is a baller. And you're missing the point...you take him and give him a shot at QB...if he wins the job great...if not you've got an offensive weapon no matter where you decide to play him.

It's ridiculous that he was offered as a QB this late, especially in a year where they are taking 2 QB's.

And that would all make perfect logical sense if we were talking about Joe Blow QB who wasnt Ice Harris' son. But with that situation its a potential disaster IMO. We dont want another Jacory/Marve situation. You end up with a QB controversy with a kid like Treon, and not only do you have the issue with the family, the school, the community, but you can end up with a divided locker room too. IMO the Treon situation is more headache than its worth. If you told me the kid was a cant miss stud QB, it would be one thing, but I just dont see it. Kid looks 5'10 to me, and a read option/spread type QB all the way. Kind of kid that might make waves somewhere like WVU or one of those gimmick offenses. I dont see a strong arm, and this is a kid who HAS had a lot of coaching and development.

Im not saying I would be unhappy if he ended up coming here, but I fully supported the staff NOT offering him at QB. As for WHY they did so late, well I have had a theory on that too, which was that they decided they wanted to offer a 3rd qb, and felt they had to make the offer to Treon as a formality, knowing he wouldnt take it, so as not to look like they were still ignoring the local kid. The other possibility is that they started feeling the heat locally for not offering him and they threw him the offer to try to tamper down some of the gripes. I dont buy the "the staff is so stupid they just finally realized how awesome of a QB he is" story. The staff knows quite well who Treon is, and Coley has been evaluating him for 2 years. There was a reason they threw him a late offer, and the idea that it was because they suddenly realized he's a great QB they want, is the LEAST likely IMO.

Advertisement

****ing mind boggling.

And that would all make perfect logical sense if we were talking about Joe Blow QB who wasnt Ice Harris' son. But with that situation its a potential disaster IMO. We dont want another Jacory/Marve situation. You end up with a QB controversy with a kid like Treon, and not only do you have the issue with the family, the school, the community, but you can end up with a divided locker room too. IMO the Treon situation is more headache than its worth. If you told me the kid was a cant miss stud QB, it would be one thing, but I just dont see it. Kid looks 5'10 to me, and a read option/spread type QB all the way. Kind of kid that might make waves somewhere like WVU or one of those gimmick offenses. I dont see a strong arm, and this is a kid who HAS had a lot of coaching and development.

Im not saying I would be unhappy if he ended up coming here, but I fully supported the staff NOT offering him at QB. As for WHY they did so late, well I have had a theory on that too, which was that they decided they wanted to offer a 3rd qb, and felt they had to make the offer to Treon as a formality, knowing he wouldnt take it, so as not to look like they were still ignoring the local kid. The other possibility is that they started feeling the heat locally for not offering him and they threw him the offer to try to tamper down some of the gripes. I dont buy the "the staff is so stupid they just finally realized how awesome of a QB he is" story. The staff knows quite well who Treon is, and Coley has been evaluating him for 2 years. There was a reason they threw him a late offer, and the idea that it was because they suddenly realized he's a great QB they want, is the LEAST likely IMO.

I'll give you this, you're consistent. The next post you make that I actually agree with would be the first.

People keep throwing all these names of QB X or QB Y who was pretty good and only 5'10, or QB Z who came from Miami or whatever. You have to look DEEPER than that. DOES the kid fit into our SYSTEM. If we are going to run a PRO style offense, as our primary offense, then a kid who is almost STRICTLY suited to a spread/read option type offense is NOT really a good fit.

If you told me they wanted to move to different offensive philosophy, well that WOULD make more sense then. But the fact that Kaaya was Coley's #1 QB this year, doesnt really say to me that they want to move to a spread system. Kaaya is a pure drop back pocket passer.

****ing mind boggling.

I'll give you this, you're consistent. The next post you make that I actually agree with would be the first.

Disagree on what? That he's a good QB, or you just feel our staff is mentally retarded and simply forgot to offer Treon as a QB until the 11th hour despite having been watching the kid for 2 years?

Mind boggling that they offered this kid so early yet were reluctant to offer Treon until late.

This is exactly the type of thing that makes this staff look incompetent. If you knew going in that the 2nd QB position you were going to take was going to be a dual threat project....how on earth do you justify NOT making Treon the #1 target for such a roster spot.

Hometown kid - check
Huge ties to the local community - check
A leader, who happened to lead the #1 high school team in the country - check
Gamebreaking talent - check

Other than all that....yeah...offering Rosier over Treon makes all the sense in the world.

Trust the Trend.

Yet they offered Kaaya before everyone else. Yeah this staff is incompetent.

Advertisement
Mind boggling that they offered this kid so early yet were reluctant to offer Treon until late.

This is exactly the type of thing that makes this staff look incompetent. If you knew going in that the 2nd QB position you were going to take was going to be a dual threat project....how on earth do you justify NOT making Treon the #1 target for such a roster spot.

Hometown kid - check
Huge ties to the local community - check
A leader, who happened to lead the #1 high school team in the country - check
Gamebreaking talent - check

Other than all that....yeah...offering Rosier over Treon makes all the sense in the world.

Trust the Trend.

Yet they offered Kaaya before everyone else. Yeah this staff is incompetent.

Offering Kaaya first doesn't even come close to offsetting all the **** ups this current staff has committed, both recruiting and on gamedays.

****ing mind boggling.

HOLY ****

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back