Rosier starter

But he cannot read defense. He has no idea what he is seeing on the field. How do you fix that if it hasn't happened in over a year? Genuinely curious- it would seem to me after more than a year in the program you would have seen enough film and gotten enough snaps to remember what certain coverages look like. Maybe I am being simplistic but it's definitely a problem for Perry.

Perry has no where near enough of a sample size of playing to know whether he can 'read' a defense or not. The two interceptions against Virginia have caused overdramatized comments like this. If you bring up FSU, I will counter will well look at him after his slow start. Plus he wasn't helped by so many drops. Again, he has been productive when he played. So why didn't Richt calm him down with short, simpler play calls?

Advertisement
More accurate, stronger arm. The offense can take off with him. With Rosier, he gives the added dimension of being more mobile, but he continues to be unable to hit deeper passes on a consistent basis and doesn't put receivers in a good position for YAC. Perry makes some boneheaded plays, but we are out of the national title picture at this point, and the rest of the season is essentially for recruiting. Showing some of these guys like Haselwood that we can have an explosive offense is the best way to go IMO.

I totally agree and understand the physical attributes. The problem is he can't get the ball to the receivers if he can't figure out how to beat the defense. He got lucky with that ball down the seam to Jeff Thomas in the FSU game. Pretty as it was, it was lucky too. Maybe if he can go into a game that is already "in progress" if you will, he will handle it better. Personally, I would like to see what Williams could do in the same situation. There's no reason he couldn't be given some plays, too. I really don't think he would do any worse than Perry.

I bet this will end with Perry just transferring the fu.. out of here. MR just prefer and idiot with no talent than and idiot that can throw the ball

Our guys on here thought NKOSI would be a true freshman starter.
THey were enamored with a black mobile QB from FLorida.

They are still blinded that he is not a good QB.

He might not be good, but he IS better than Rosier, and still has a chance to improve.

It is what it is. CMR is on the other side of the fan base's thoughts right now. Im indifferent on the issue. I have no issue with Rosier getting the start. If he continues to suck and not produce, then put Perry back in. If Rosier moves the ball without turnovers, then we win bigly IMO.

This of course makes sense. The issue is why does a quarterback like Rosier get so many chances when he has maximized what he is? With Perry there are a lot of positives already to allow him the same grace period of development/playing time that Rosier has had.

Advertisement
I'll take your word for that on the identical INTs. That said, it doesn't not change anything towards Perry and away from Rosier. The lack of a quality play caller is not going to change between this discussion and the BC game.

In short, the sky is not falling at the rate that folks here think it is.

How do you know???? Are you at practices???? Are you a fly on the wall in the locker room???? Even id none of Miami's defensive players will come out and say it.... THEY ARE FREAKIN' FED UP WITH BUSTING THEIR ********S, TO SEE THE OFFENSE NOT HOLDING UP IT'S END OF THE DEAL!

In other words, Manuel and the defense have been COMPROMISED in too many games this season!

ms-2Djvns.gif

I'll submit that our goal was to compete with Clemson this season. Most thinking fans knew we were still a step behind Clemson right now. We are still on track to square off with Clemson in the ACC CG. And we have no concrete data that Perry can beat Clemson either, so lets not put that on Rosier.

Sir, while I agree with your previous analysis on where we are as a program, given our options, I do think it's a tad presumptuous to say we're still on a solid track to meet up with Clemson in the ACCCG.

Regardless of Perry or Malik, I think the reality of the situation is that we should be in tossup mode on each remaining game. No hysterics here.

Our elite defense is just as likely to shut down a notch for the remainder - as our offense, specifically our Oline, is to miraculously wake up and improve enough to be confident in a run to the ACCCG.

I clearly remember the Radio and Folden days where one unit would carry the load for a time, realize they weren't winning it all by themselves and it becomes demoralizing.

Advertisement
If Richt hasn’t lost the locker room already then he will soon. You can tell the players don’t wanna play for rosier. If rosier is consistently missing passes in practice for the next week and a half, it could get real ugly. Already lost Dennis from 2020. The wheels might fall off everything here quickly

We got played for a paycheck.
The amount of recruiting connections Banda Brown Hartley and dugans have made down here are going to rape sofla when the staff gets gutted.
It’s going to be one big Shiitehole of an ipf filled with sofla leftovers and oos losers that have no reason playing for the U. The admin and trustees will swing for the low hanging fruit again and go cheap with a coach. All the tax haven of the ipf donations are gone and we’re back to the drawing board gentleman. Unless the school opens the pocket book we will be a bottom top 25 team.
You get what you pay for.
Schiano and Luigi ain’t coming cause the schools they play for have allotted millions for salaries while our admin has watched the entire fbs step into the. Modern age of college football where dollars equal wins.
That oof is going to cost a lot of money to maintain. If they don’t put a product on the field it’s going to rot.
I am so ****ed off right now.
Deserve to start!!! Jeezus!! What message is this sending!! If you suck *** you deserve to start!!!???

Advertisement
we were #8 with a cupcake schedule man. If playoffs weren't the goal then we are trash. We were in position to make the playoffs even with a competitive loss to clemson if we are being real. We shouldn't have dropped any regular season games with the talent we have over our opponents.

I totally agree and understand the physical attributes. The problem is he can't get the ball to the receivers if he can't figure out how to beat the defense. He got lucky with that ball down the seam to Jeff Thomas in the FSU game. Pretty as it was, it was lucky too. Maybe if he can go into a game that is already "in progress" if you will, he will handle it better. Personally, I would like to see what Williams could do in the same situation. There's no reason he couldn't be given some plays, too. I really don't think he would do any worse than Perry.

Agree that mixing Williams in would be good to see. I said in the offseason, and continue to believe, that Williams won't see too much of the field with only Perry/Weldon available for next year and no QB commit. Playing Williams and watching him take off could mean we only have one scholarship QB next year. As for Perry, that's why he's gotta play, to figure out how to beat the defenses. We've seen Malik over the course of one season and in some challenging games this year against LSU/Virginia. With no improvement in his play, I'd rather just move on to someone who can gain some experience for the future.

I absolutely believe there's already team DISSENSION ( On another Cane blog, a poster said offensive linemen were yelling/blaming at each other on the sidelines and what not. He attended the game. ) in the locker room. Au contraire to what the blog staff and insiders have to say.
For instance, Cane fan has to full understand that one Mark Richt SPIT IN Manuel's face ( Metaphorically speaking. ), as well his defense, when he went for the onside kick. In other words, what CMR was telling Manuel was... I don't TRUST your defensive unit to force Virginia into a " three and out, " so I'm going to roll the dice, again, and GAMBLE that we recover an onside kick.
They were kicking off from the 50. If VA got the onside kick and fell on it at the 40 like was expected they only give up a net of 15 yards opposed to a touch back at the 25. Definitely worth the risk. That blame goes to Hartley and special teams for not making a tackle.

Advertisement
It is what it is. CMR is on the other side of the fan base's thoughts right now. Im indifferent on the issue. I have no issue with Rosier getting the start. If he continues to suck and not produce, then put Perry back in. If Rosier moves the ball without turnovers, then we win bigly IMO.

Your boy Malik is a natural born TURNOVER machine. Yikes. Heck, he could've and should've had two more INT's Saturday past. But the Virginia defender has BUTTER FINGERS and Miami's receiver had to play DEFENSIVE BACK and saved Malik's bacon.

What does that mean Perry will play? In garbage time when we’re getting blown out by 30 or after rosier throws 3 picks and misses every throw
Rosier will throw 3 picks and we'll keep him in because he "gives us the best chance to win" (even though 2 weeks ago we were just told thqt was Perry)

Who’s gotten Jeff Thomas the ball the best this year? It’s pretty interesting but whoever is getting him the ball consistently I’m fine with honestly.

Advertisement
Back