Rosier pic and other blown calls

There was holding on UVA on EVERY big play they had. Let's not even talk about the BS touchdown overturn catch. The refs definitely had an agenda this game. They were prepping for the Clemson game.

Lol

That was undeniably a touchdown

That's what I thought during the game, but watched a reply from another camera angle and the ball doesn't appear to be 100% in control. It's moving a little too much imo, and comes out two steps later. Not mad at the call though. Could have gone either way.

Advertisement
We also have to stop throwing 50/50 balls to JT4 that's not his game

if they do throw that jump ball to Thomas he needs to turn into a defensive player and make sure the ball isnt picked. take the offensive PI.

People complain about the possible PI on Bandy, but he was smart enough to be looking back for the ball. It's like he got superhuman strength to fling the guy out of bounds with the back of his hand.

As I ahve been saying here all year JT does NOT fight for the ball and IMO Rosier should only throw to him if he is well beyond the defense.

Advertisement
We also have to stop throwing 50/50 balls to JT4 that's not his game

if they do throw that jump ball to Thomas he needs to turn into a defensive player and make sure the ball isnt picked. take the offensive PI.

Or stop throwing him jump balls. Throw it out in front and let him run it down. I just don’t think Rosier can time his speed. He throws it a lot better to Berrios when going deep....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sign of Championship caliber team is overcoming mistakes and bad calls and still finding ways to win.

There was holding on UVA on EVERY big play they had. Let's not even talk about the BS touchdown overturn catch. The refs definitely had an agenda this game. They were prepping for the Clemson game.

Lol

That was undeniably a touchdown

NO. It was NOT a catch. The rules clearly state a player must have complete possession (in this case he didn't have both hands on the ball) and make a football move. It also states if the ground causes the ball to be knocked out it is incomplete.

FROM NCAA RULEBOOK: The definition of a legal football catch involves more than just securing the ball in the receiver's hands. ... For example, if a player dives for the ball, secures it in his hands, but then loses control when the ball touches the ground, the pass is incomplete.

Advertisement
Yes, it was. That rule didn't go into play because he took 3 steps with possession. If it was out of the endzone, it was a completion and a fumble, but he had possession in the endzone so the fumble doesn't matter.

My only problem with the refs was the holding. Sure, there's holding on both sides. But, come on, man. Holding where guys are spinning around and the players are getting outside of that defender are absurd. Probably because of his length, Chad Thomas is held an absurd amount. If I were him, I'd get smaller pads and slick them with vaseline.

the lack of holding calls was insane. They were egregious all day. Like, really, really, really bad against Chad Thomas, Trent Harris, even Moten. They honestly could have called something like FIFTEEN legitimate holding penalties and they called zero.

That's my big problem with the officiating. The bandy defense, it was questionable, but the holds were too much man.

Advertisement

The catch was the right call. Had that been Ahmmon you would have lost your **** had that not been called a TD. Come on..

The catch was the right call. Had that been Ahmmon you would have lost your **** had that not been called a TD. Come on..

UM would never get that call. The ball was moving and the end was popping out of his arm. He made no football move or had a defender knock the ball loose. The ground caused the ball to pop out which means it's incomplete. These are the rules. I'm not making this up lol.

Now y'all are just paranoid.

Game was called fair for both teams. We held them too btw. Go watch Rosier's TD pass to Harris.

And Bandy prolly got away with an INT.

I'm all for letting both teams play. Officials for ND game did the same. That's how CFB games should be called.

Hate to say but that was PI on Bandy. Definitely got away with one there.

Both of you have been "Goodelled" if you think that is pass interference. #NiceLeagueRoger

Advertisement

UM would never get that call. The ball was moving and the end was popping out of his arm. He made no football move or had a defender knock the ball loose. The ground caused the ball to pop out which means it's incomplete. These are the rules. I'm not making this up lol.

Ball was moving after he got 2 feet down and took 2 steps. If he was in the process of going to the ground when he caught it, yes, incomplete, even if you take it to an asinine extreme like in the NFL game recently (Seattle I think). But in this case that didn't happen, and it would have been a travesty had that not bee ruled a TD, period.

Now y'all are just paranoid.

Game was called fair for both teams. We held them too btw. Go watch Rosier's TD pass to Harris.

And Bandy prolly got away with an INT.

I'm all for letting both teams play. Officials for ND game did the same. That's how CFB games should be called.

Hate to say but that was PI on Bandy. Definitely got away with one there.

Nope...he was touching him with the back of his hand. How are you pushing someone with the back of your hand like that with no leverage? He wasn't grabbing him. That was a correct call. Not even close.

Now that is the wrong answer. He took 2 steps (football move) before falling to the ground and the ball popping out. That was a TD all the way. Watch more football, learn the rules...then check back.

not a big deal, but that TD catch was 1000% a catch. Was not even close.

Advertisement
Back