Rosier leads ACC and is 12th nationally in QBR

Advertisement
Good for him, he's played pretty well. I'm not crazy about how he responded to the Duke pressure on a few plays, typically in the 2nd & 3rd qtr. I hope he does a better job of using his feet this week when the inevitable pressure from FSU comes.

Advertisement
Face it, we all would have taken that at the beginning of the year, through this point in the season.

I'm happy for Malik. After all, the VAST MAJORITY of Cane fandom were sceptical about him. Even Richt said that Malik probably would NEVER be a starting QB for Miami. hUh.

Advertisement
3c30a38e39f402571e4197eb2b33ca51.jpg

Rosier has been the best surprise of the year. He has blown my expectations away.

We have a chance to win with this guy. I never felt that way with Kaaya at the helm. But with Rosier, that kid is a gamer for sure.

Good for him, he's played pretty well. I'm not crazy about how he responded to the Duke pressure on a few plays, typically in the 2nd & 3rd qtr. I hope he does a better job of using his feet this week when the inevitable pressure from FSU comes.

Hot read to the TE will take care of a 5-6 man rush.

Advertisement
But he’s not a D-1 quality QB and shouldn’t even be on the roster, doe

At least that’s what I was getting hammered with six weeks ago when I said he was the most likely option and our best shot at a winning record.

Like what I see so far (a lot) but let's see what he does against a defense with elite talent at every position.

I'll admit I was skeptical about him as starting QB. I'll also admit I was wrong. He's been very good so far. He's clearly improved a lot in the last year or so. Hope he keeps it rolling

Advertisement
People want to act like they had this pinned and some admit they didnt. Some are lying and some are convinced they are experts when they are obviously not.

Rosier changed this shiat up. No one who knows, saw this coming. Not even the coaches. Richt even said himself he never saw him starting.

Rosier might be the biggest hard work success story ever at Miami. The kid truly has gone from a nothing to someone who has potential to keep growing into our biggest QB since Dorsey. His ability to run gives us a dimension thats going to extend drives and is going to win extra games. I am actually blown away with his ability to ball and as he continues to grow its going to be sick. He literally is in his 6th game. Dude is only going to get better.

But he’s not a D-1 quality QB and shouldn’t even be on the roster, doe

At least that’s what I was getting hammered with six weeks ago when I said he was the most likely option and our best shot at a winning record.

These kind of posts make me think the poster is walking down the street kicking a can muttering to themselves and moping about how "Nobody listens to me but I was right"

Get a life and quit coming in here telling us how some $#it you threw against a wall finally stuck.

Like what I see so far (a lot) but let's see what he does against a defense with elite talent at every position.

He will probably perform like most QB's do against "a defense with elite talent at every position", average. He probably doesn't possess the overall skill level to put out an upper echelon performance against defenses like that. Even less of a chance if the O-Line doesn't perform better than average.

Miami needs him to extend plays and pick up a couple of 3rd downs to extend drives. Hit the open receivers consistently and don't turn the ball over. Its' like a shortstop who makes the occasional great play but kicks the ball around too much on the routine stuff. He needs to make the routine plays consistently and give Miami a shot.

Obviously, we aren't (and shouldn't be) crowning the guy. He's been a positive and pleasant surprise, that's all. And there's reason to think that with more experience, better things will come.

Hopeful.

Advertisement
Back