Rosier highlights

Things that stand out about rosier:

- real nice arm
- makes pretty quick decisions back there. Didn't see a ton of hesitation.
- stares down just a bit but that will
Improve
- very fluid in the RPO/read option
- accuracy is generally ok but he did miss some easy throws
- what I love most is not only his arm but his long ball - he has great touch on his throws and allows his receivers to make plays on the ball
- even though he's not terribly battle tested on the football field, I like how he's a former baseball guy (at kind of a field general position - catcher)

Advertisement
The two throws to Langham were big-time. We used the middle of the field more than I expected which was nice to see.

Rosier will keep us afloat, but I don't expect him to take over games. He's a plan B guy, that probably wouldn't start for many Power 5 teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMO this is more hating on the guy than objective observation based on the highlight reel of his first game.

I liked what I saw from Rosier. Bethune Cookman of course, but he did nothing to disqualify himself in my eyes.

I liked some of what I saw, but there were things I didn't see that concerned me. One thing was very, very little yards after catch. When you have weapons like we do, our yards after catch should be much higher. We will desperately need those yards against FSU. Now I don't know if it's the play calling or Rosiers limitations, but we need to figure that out in a hurry. Guys like Harley, Thomas, and Richards should have a very high YAC number. If they don't, something must change. Not saying Rosier is the problem, but something is. We've heard all summer about our weapons and getting them the ball in space, but we couldn't do that against Bethune? That's alarming.

Against Bethune we could have scored 70 pts easily. We kept it as Vanilla as possible

Advertisement
I liked what I saw from Rosier. Bethune Cookman of course, but he did nothing to disqualify himself in my eyes.

I liked some of what I saw, but there were things I didn't see that concerned me. One thing was very, very little yards after catch. When you have weapons like we do, our yards after catch should be much higher. We will desperately need those yards against FSU. Now I don't know if it's the play calling or Rosiers limitations, but we need to figure that out in a hurry. Guys like Harley, Thomas, and Richards should have a very high YAC number. If they don't, something must change. Not saying Rosier is the problem, but something is. We've heard all summer about our weapons and getting them the ball in space, but we couldn't do that against Bethune? That's alarming.

Against Bethune we could have scored 70 pts easily. We kept it as Vanilla as possible

We didn't have the ball enough to score 70. Next week we should see a little more of the playbook.

We didn't have the ball enough to score 70. Next week we should see a little more of the playbook.

In addition to that we had multiple penalties inside the redzone which kept us from scoring touchdowns fast. Bethune had the ball too long too

Last edited:
Rosier will keep us afloat, but I don't expect him to take over games. He's a plan B guy, that probably wouldn't start for many Power 5 teams.

IMO this is more hating on the guy than objective observation based on the highlight reel of his first game.

I dont get the hate some have for this kid. His mobility is a breath of fresh air. He threw some nice strikes, hit guys in stride, used his RB's out of the backfield lovely. I know Im pumping the breaks since its Bethune but I was pretty happy with his play. The fact that he turned a 3 yard sack into a 5 yard gain was glorious.

Advertisement

I think it's a fair observation. I wasn't impressed by him on Saturday. Did ok, but the position is clearly going to hold us back this year.

Bull crap.

oh ok so how alarmed are you on a scale of 1-10

oh ok so how alarmed are you on a scale of 1-10

Not very, considering it's just a game. Child falling into lake and nearly drowning, that's a 10. Rosier or Richt not maximizing talent is somewhere below 1. Since this is a football board, my concerns are for the football team, but believe me it's not going to change my life if the YAC doesn't go up.

Advertisement

I think it's a fair observation. I wasn't impressed by him on Saturday. Did ok, but the position is clearly going to hold us back this year.

Clearly based on what? Please give us specifics that lead you to emphatically say the position will hold us back.

CLOWN

Advertisement
Loved how he looked the safety off before delivering a strike on the other side to Berrios. It was textbook.

Not in this video, is the early throw to Harley, where Rosier throws him open with a catchable bullet pass to his outside shoulder, while Harley is slanting. Harley makes a beautiful adjustment to the throw that could've resulted in a TD, but Harley drops it after getting both hands on it.

All 3 TD throws were pretty impressive. The one to Cager was a strike. The Langham one was beautiful touch. The one to Berrios was a strike as well. After the fake there was zero hesitation and hit him in stride. Kaaya was one to hold a tad to long on plays like that.

Thanks for the share Brock.

The video would be more enlightening if it showed his incompletions as well, but what I see in this video is this: for the most part he was really accurate on his completions. The ball was delivered to the hands at about chest to head height.

Advertisement
Back