Rosier highlights

brock

All-American
https://youtu.be/W1lQG-P9nIU
He threw some strikes and had a couple good runs. He will be okay this season. Will definitely get better as he gets more starts under his belt. Was it perfect? No, he missed a few throws in the game like jeff Thomas and didn't throw to some open receivers on a couple of plays but he will see it on film and correct it imo

Last edited:
Advertisement
I liked what I saw from Rosier. Bethune Cookman of course, but he did nothing to disqualify himself in my eyes.

I liked what I saw from Rosier. Bethune Cookman of course, but he did nothing to disqualify himself in my eyes.

I liked some of what I saw, but there were things I didn't see that concerned me. One thing was very, very little yards after catch. When you have weapons like we do, our yards after catch should be much higher. We will desperately need those yards against FSU. Now I don't know if it's the play calling or Rosiers limitations, but we need to figure that out in a hurry. Guys like Harley, Thomas, and Richards should have a very high YAC number. If they don't, something must change. Not saying Rosier is the problem, but something is. We've heard all summer about our weapons and getting them the ball in space, but we couldn't do that against Bethune? That's alarming.

Advertisement
Wow his mechanics are so much better than what we saw two years ago.

Looks much more comfortable in the pocket then in the past. Looks like a P5 quarterback, really.

Advertisement
I was impressed with his improvement but how about Sherriefs? He looked good....tall, decent build, took command, was mobile and fired bullets! Didn't see any deep throws, which supposedly is his weakness but he looked very sharp in those few series; and that was with the 2nd string.

There were lots of YAC in the highlight reel. Release looks pretty quick too.

The passes that got YAC got YAC because it was against Bethune. So many of those are blown up by FSU, I promise you. Very few times were our WRs hit in stride where they had a chance to keep running. Swing passes to the backs are not what I was talking about. Our WRs can get far more YAC than what they got on Saturday.

Again, not saying it's on Rosier, but that needs to change. Watch the highlights again and tell me where you see WRs getting YAC. Harley got some, but that was poor coverage, and a great move that got him the YAC.

Advertisement
My only problem was the bad throw to a wide open Jeff Thomas who would still be running had it been a good throw. Another concern is I don't know if Rosier is reading his progression fast enough.

I was impressed with his improvement but how about Sherriefs? He looked good....tall, decent build, took command, was mobile and fired bullets! Didn't see any deep throws, which supposedly is his weakness but he looked very sharp in those few series; and that was with the 2nd string.

That rollout pass and bullet was a thing of beauty. Just too small a sample to judge him. Nice to see Dallas get his first catch on that pass.

Was really hoping to see more of him and Perry.

His ability to run, makes up for the slight advantage in accuracy that Kaaya had. I really like our chances more with Rosier , than at any time in the last 3 years with a non mobile QB.

Advertisement
Rosier will keep us afloat, but I don't expect him to take over games. He's a plan B guy, that probably wouldn't start for many Power 5 teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rosier will keep us afloat, but I don't expect him to take over games. He's a plan B guy, that probably wouldn't start for many Power 5 teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless he runs more. If he does, it will force teams to watch him, and it will create openings for our other skill players.

His ability to run, makes up for the slight advantage in accuracy that Kaaya had. I really like our chances more with Rosier , than at any time in the last 3 years with a non mobile QB.

And let's be real for kaaya to be hyped up as being an accurate qb, he went through woeful streaks of inaccuracy in games.

Advertisement
Back