Rosier highlights

Rosier will keep us afloat, but I don't expect him to take over games. He's a plan B guy, that probably wouldn't start for many Power 5 teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMO this is more hating on the guy than objective observation based on the highlight reel of his first game.

I think it's a fair observation. I wasn't impressed by him on Saturday. Did ok, but the position is clearly going to hold us back this year.

Clearly based on what? Please give us specifics that lead you to emphatically say the position will hold us back.

Based on the fact that he's a streaky QB with spotty accuracy, as evidenced by the BCU game.

We can win with him back there, but he's not going to take over games.

Advertisement
Rosier will keep us afloat, but I don't expect him to take over games. He's a plan B guy, that probably wouldn't start for many Power 5 teams.

IMO this is more hating on the guy than objective observation based on the highlight reel of his first game.

I think it's a fair observation. I wasn't impressed by him on Saturday. Did ok, but the position is clearly going to hold us back this year.

Clearly based on what? Please give us specifics that lead you to emphatically say the position will hold us back.

Based on the fact that he's a streaky QB with spotty accuracy, as evidenced by the BCU game.

Rosier is better than Kaaya though so what's ur point

I mean Kaaya is on an NFL roster and held the starting job at Miami for three years (the same three years Rosier was there) so evidently he's not better than Kaaya.

I don't think you were watching the same game that most of the posters here, fans and Mark Richt watched. Richt and most of us here thought he had a very good game and was accurate for the most part except for a couple of bad throws. Show me a QB who plays a full game (first game of the season) and doesn't have at least couple of bad throws.
Sorry but this is very biased statement.

I don't think you were watching the same game that most of the posters here, fans and Mark Richt watched. Richt and most of us here thought he had a very good game and was accurate for the most part except for a couple of bad throws. Show me a QB who plays a full game (first game of the season) and doesn't have at least couple of bad throws.

Who do you think starts if Kaaya comes back for his Senior season?

Advertisement

I don't know and this is not what we are talking about in this thread. We are talking about Rosier as the QB of this team now. You are claiming that he was not accurate in his first game and that is not true. Even if I haven't seen the game myself, I would defer to Richt, and he is a straight shooter. He said in his post game presser " His accuracy overall was good". I believe Richt over a biased fan who says otherwise.

Last edited:

Kaaya would've lost his job or have to split snaps with a better qb If he did come back. He's not that good, Coach Richt knew that, now its time for u to accept it

Kaaya would've lost his job or have to split snaps with a better qb If he did come back. He's not that good, Coach Richt knew that, now its time for u to accept it
Kaaya style and skill set are not good fit with Richt offense. Maybe that's the reason Richt did not put a fight trying to keep him from leaving to the NFL early. I believe you are right KrazyCane, there is a good chance that Rosier would have won the job in fall practice because of his mobility.

There were lots of YAC in the highlight reel. Release looks pretty quick too.

The passes that got YAC got YAC because it was against Bethune. So many of those are blown up by FSU, I promise you. Very few times were our WRs hit in stride where they had a chance to keep running. Swing passes to the backs are not what I was talking about. Our WRs can get far more YAC than what they got on Saturday.

Again, not saying it's on Rosier, but that needs to change. Watch the highlights again and tell me where you see WRs getting YAC. Harley got some, but that was poor coverage, and a great move that got him the YAC.

That was not a great move.. He spun and sprinted up the sideline.

Advertisement
Some will not like Rosier no matter what he does. They want to see a pure pocket passer and don't like the type of offense Miami is moving toward.

Some people may need to listen to what Ariz said on WQAM this morning. Mark Richt didn't ask Kaaya to come back. That should tell some people something. Mark Richt wanted to go in a new direction at QB and progress toward an offense that is grossly more effective in today's college football.

I believe multiple people have confirmed what type of offense Richt wanted to progress to and Kaaya didn't fit into that.

Some old school dudes need to move on and progress because Richt is going to do it any way rather they want to see it or not.

Kaaya took way too many unnecessary sacks and went through long streaks of inaccuracy in games, now some seem to want Rosier to be perfect when the last QB we had was no better.

There were lots of YAC in the highlight reel. Release looks pretty quick too.

The passes that got YAC got YAC because it was against Bethune. So many of those are blown up by FSU, I promise you. Very few times were our WRs hit in stride where they had a chance to keep running. Swing passes to the backs are not what I was talking about. Our WRs can get far more YAC than what they got on Saturday.

Again, not saying it's on Rosier, but that needs to change. Watch the highlights again and tell me where you see WRs getting YAC. Harley got some, but that was poor coverage, and a great move that got him the YAC.

That was not a great move.. He spun and sprinted up the sideline.

It wouldn't have happened against a better team. A "great" move against Bethune would not be a great move against FSU. That's my point. I want to see guys hit in stride and getting yards after the catch, because we will need them against better teams.

Some will not like Rosier no matter what he does. They want to see a pure pocket passer and don't like the type of offense Miami is moving toward.

Some people may need to listen to what Ariz said on WQAM this morning. Mark Richt didn't ask Kaaya to come back. That should tell some people something. Mark Richt wanted to go in a new direction at QB and progress toward an offense that is grossly more effective in today's college football.

I believe multiple people have confirmed what type of offense Richt wanted to progress to and Kaaya didn't fit into that.

Some old school dudes need to move on and progress because Richt is going to do it any way rather they want to see it or not.

Kaaya took way too many unnecessary sacks and went through long streaks of inaccuracy in games, now some seem to want Rosier to be perfect when the last QB we had was no better.

No one I know wants a pure pocket passer in this O. We are all desperate for a guy that can pass and run. All 4 QBs have wheels, and they will need to use them in this O.

Things that stand out about rosier:

- real nice arm
- makes pretty quick decisions back there. Didn't see a ton of hesitation.
- stares down just a bit but that will
Improve
- very fluid in the RPO/read option
- accuracy is generally ok but he did miss some easy throws
- what I love most is not only his arm but his long ball - he has great touch on his throws and allows his receivers to make plays on the ball
- even though he's not terribly battle tested on the football field, I like how he's a former baseball guy (at kind of a field general position - catcher)

Footwork, footwork, footwork.

A thing of beauty, and I also love his tempo after the snap. The only thing i'd like to see is a little more urgency between plays and before the snap, which conversely Evan has.

Advertisement

Why isn't Rosier a pocket passer? He has all the ability to make plays from the pocket. His athleticism shouldn't pigeonhole him as a non pocket-passer.

Kaaya style and skill set are not good fit with Richt offense. Maybe that's the reason Richt did not put a fight trying to keep him from leaving to the NFL early. I believe you are right KrazyCane, there is a good chance that Rosier would have won the job in fall practice because of his mobility.

Accuracy, command of the offense, and good decision-making are the key to QBing Richt's offense. If our line sucks it helps to be able to make plays with your legs, but let's not get carried away.

I liked what I saw from Rosier. Bethune Cookman of course, but he did nothing to disqualify himself in my eyes.

I liked some of what I saw, but there were things I didn't see that concerned me. One thing was very, very little yards after catch. When you have weapons like we do, our yards after catch should be much higher. We will desperately need those yards against FSU. Now I don't know if it's the play calling or Rosiers limitations, but we need to figure that out in a hurry. Guys like Harley, Thomas, and Richards should have a very high YAC number. If they don't, something must change. Not saying Rosier is the problem, but something is. We've heard all summer about our weapons and getting them the ball in space, but we couldn't do that against Bethune? That's alarming.

Against Bethune we could have scored 70 pts easily. We kept it as Vanilla as possible

We didn't have the ball enough to score 70. Next week we should see a little more of the playbook.

Bethune held the ball quite a bit of the game and our defense wasn't able to get off the field on half 3rds and the 2 4th downs. Everything will get better with practice, film critique and game reps. I'd love to see the true freshmen mixed in on both sides of the ball because they bring a certain unbridled intensity that ignites the rest of the team.

Advertisement
I was impressed with his improvement but how about Sherriefs? He looked good....tall, decent build, took command, was mobile and fired bullets! Didn't see any deep throws, which supposedly is his weakness but he looked very sharp in those few series; and that was with the 2nd string.

That rollout pass and bullet was a thing of beauty. Just too small a sample to judge him. Nice to see Dallas get his first catch on that pass.

Was really hoping to see more of him and Perry.

Evan did look good. He had more juice and operated with more urgency than did Malik. You can see why the players gravitate towards him, but I feel like footwork-wise and mechanics-wise Malik is really tuned in. I hope they both get to play a lot.

Last edited:

I mean Kaaya is on an NFL roster and held the starting job at Miami for three years (the same three years Rosier was there) so evidently he's not better than Kaaya.

Well that lasted long...

Well that lasted long...

Kaaya is on the panthers 53 man roster...

Well that lasted long...

Kaaya is on the panthers 53 man roster...

I'm curious why a four year contract was cut so short

Advertisement
Back