Rosier best of the QB's today, according to...

Laugh all you want, chief.

It wasn't enough to get him even at the same level as the other two guys. Don't believe me? Listen to Rick's interview from today.

I'm not making this up. It's what the coach says.
Just looking at stats man. If you got a dog in the fight than good for you. I just want to win games and what I've seen in the updates and videos posted Rosier looked like *** outside of two throws.

My only dog is getting the best guy that gives the best chance to win the most games. And if anyone says they know who TF that is now, they're FOS. Rick don't know, nobody knows.

Crowning Allison as having the best day is pure ignorance. He was playing against the 2's & 3's. Stat line by itself means nothing in a spring scrimmage game.

Correct. Allison was playing against the 2s. Rosier and Sheriffs ran against the 1s. I thought Rosier looked a bit better today, but I'm not convinced either is a true #1 guy -- at least not yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough... just also consider he was also running with which Offensive group?

I think the gap between the 2s OL and 2s DL and LB crew is much greater though. You've got Moten and Willis and Jackson going up against Mahoney and Jahir Jones. Any production out of Allison or Homer is pretty impressive considering their protection.

Advertisement
Just reading the twitter updates it seemed as if Allison was the best of the bunch. Would be nice to see him get some momentum going.

Not according to anything I've seen

12/16 104 yards 2 TD's 1 int
https://twitter.com/smillerdegnan/status/855863544734244865

He was throwing against the second/third teams. Stop. Richt has him at third for a reason, and he didn't even take any first team snaps today.

Advertisement
I think Allison went against the 2's so I'd hope his stats were better...thought this kid was the goods...e idently not...at least not yet

Advertisement
Laugh all you want, chief.

It wasn't enough to get him even at the same level as the other two guys. Don't believe me? Listen to Rick's interview from today.

I'm not making this up. It's what the coach says.
Just looking at stats man. If you got a dog in the fight than good for you. I just want to win games and what I've seen in the updates and videos posted Rosier looked like *** outside of two throws.

My only dog is getting the best guy that gives the best chance to win the most games. And if anyone says they know who TF that is now, they're FOS. Rick don't know, nobody knows.

Crowning Allison as having the best day is pure ignorance. He was playing against the 2's & 3's. Stat line by itself means nothing in a spring scrimmage game.

Correct. Allison was playing against the 2s. Rosier and Sheriffs ran against the 1s. I thought Rosier looked a bit better today, but I'm not convinced either is a true [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] guy -- at least not yet.

Fair enough... just also consider he was also running with which Offensive group?

Agree with that. Allison looked like the guy with the most upside. Just hard to judge how far behind the other guys he is because he didn't get snaps against the 1s. I think Allison is the only one of the three that looks like he could be a true #1 QB down the line. Rosier and Sheriffs look like very capable backups to me -- at least as of now. Admittedly, I'm no expert. Just my impressions as a fan.

W
Basically the QB battle is....

A play maker with turnover issues.
A game manager that isn't even effective.

Difficult situation..

I'm not a fan of 1) crowning a freshman QB as a savior before he even steps on campus. 2) Starting a true freshman QB

but these guys seem to be proving every practice their not the guy. So perry might just back pedal into the starting job

Rosier seems to be the high risk high reward candidate because of his big play ability with arm and legs.

Perfectly stated.

Sucks too with this defense. I was praying somebody would just stand out. Rosier opens up so many options, but if he can't stop making stupid turnovers, u have to go with E.S. Unless Perry comes in on fire.

UM

only hope I got is that Rosier is a gamer type that stepss his game up when games count
I believe he is.

Duke game he was money

Lol at duke. Had one of the worst pass defenses in the country that year.
This was his first start ever and on the road in a hostile environment. If you still think him winning the game for us is irrelevant then I have to say you have a bias against him.

Advertisement
The Rosier hate makes me laugh. If he's the best QB on the team by 9/16 then you have no choice but to start him.

The Rosier hate makes me laugh. If he's the best QB on the team by 9/16 then you have no choice but to start him.

The hate for Rosier AND Shirreffs is sad. If you're not highly recruited or a fan favorite they don't want you at QB.

Rosier starts. Perry comes in after FSU game and finishes the year.

This seems reasonable. Even if Perry is the goods, I still don't think they throw him to the wolves right from the jump. Ramp him up gradually, get past the FSU game and off he goes.

So are saying we lose the FSU game with Rosier?

Probably.

Then that is possible. I just don't see starting Perry over Rosier if he manages to win that game.

Advertisement
Perry should snatch this up before the season comes IMO

That's it, though

He's got to take it and take it hard.

If he's tied or close with the other guys, most coaches would go with experience, or at least guys that have been in the system longer

Bottom line, I'm with the guy in that gives us the best chance of winning the most games. None of this let's get him in there so he can be ready for next year. I want the guy to win us some games this year.

I disagree in this case. If it's close I think it goes to Perry. Richt will want his guy getting the burn.

That's it, though

If he's tied or close with the other guys, most coaches would go with experience, or at least guys that have been in the system longer

Bottom line, I'm with the guy in that gives us the best chance of winning the most games. None of this let's get him in there so he can be ready for next year. I want the guy to win us some games this year.

I disagree in this case. If it's close I think it goes to Perry. Richt will want his guy getting the burn.

theres a tweet MR his wife n kosi having dinner right now

The hate for Rosier AND Shirreffs is sad. If you're not highly recruited or a fan favorite they don't want you at QB.
That's such a false narrative... Nobody hates either one of them, people just aren't convinced they're going to be big time winners & that's justified.

The fact is, NONE of the QB's on the roster guarantee us anything, that includes Perry.

People are only guessing & assuming at this point, but the idea that any QB gives us an automatic 10 win season just isn't a reality as of now.

That could change as the season happens, but as of now we have 1 QB that has actually played in a game, other than that, we don't know anything except what Richt says & what others may say who've actually seen practice.

Saying any of the QB's on this team is hated, is simply people being upset because everyone isn't as high on their guy as they are & yes that includes Perry.

That's it, though

Rick will want the guy that gives him the best chance to win to get the burn, whether it's "his guy" or not.

Whoever is ahead is the guy that gets the burn, even if it's close. It's completely brain dead to think otherwise.

Rick and the fan base want wins, doesn't matter who the quarterback is.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back