Rosier best of the QB's today, according to...

Rosier had the best day,

I would agree with this. Based on what I saw, if any QB other than 12 or 16 takes a snap this season, we're in BIG trouble. It's also clear that Weldon is still struggling. Unless he's a bonafide superstar, it's a HUGE ask to have Perry step on campus in May and win the job in August.

I'm not a betting guy but if I were I would put money on Rosier starting in September. You guys are forgetting that we have some of the best front 7's in the country which puts a lot of pressure on any QB and makes DB's job easier to have picks. You think if Perry was among the QBs' today he would have faired better than Rosier?

Advertisement
Allison stat line looks marginally better than Rosier.

Rick still has him behind Rosier/Shirreffs, so.....

Lmao ok

Laugh all you want, chief.

It wasn't enough to get him even at the same level as the other two guys. Don't believe me? Listen to Rick's interview from today.

I'm not making this up. It's what the coach says.
Just looking at stats man. If you got a dog in the fight than good for you. I just want to win games and what I've seen in the updates and videos posted Rosier looked like *** outside of two throws.

You've had observers of the scrimmage come to the board and say stuff like the offense runs better with Rosier/he had the best day. His ability in the QB run game shouldn't be discounted when making the decision. As far as Allison's number go, in this case stats do actually lie. He didn't throw two TDs today. He threw one. Weldon had the other one. Both to Langham.

Last edited:
Rosier had the best day,

I would agree with this. Based on what I saw, if any QB other than 12 or 16 takes a snap this season, we're in BIG trouble. It's also clear that Weldon is still struggling. Unless he's a bonafide superstar, it's a HUGE ask to have Perry step on campus in May and win the job in August.

I'm not a betting guy but if I were I would put money on Rosier starting in September. You guys are forgetting that we have some of the best front 7's in the country which puts a lot of pressure on any QB and makes DB's job easier to have picks. You think if Perry was among the QBs' today he would have faired better than Rosier?

I'm with you South.

Advertisement
Rosier had the best day,

Rosier give us the best chance to win.

Where da fools at who were saying Miami would be betta off when Kaaya decided to turn pro?

Whats that saying/phrase:"Lies, **** lies .... and statistics'?

Its hard to really make any judgement unless you saw the scrimmage and even then you have to factor in what type of plays/system were being run, who they were surrounded by and up against, etc. So many variables beyond just reading a box-score.

But bottom line is if UM can find a guy who can be just steady enough to produce 24-28 points a game( which is very modest for todays college football) they can have a huge year with this years defensive unit

Advertisement
Rosier starts. Perry comes in after FSU game and finishes the year.

This seems reasonable. Even if Perry is the goods, I still don't think they throw him to the wolves right from the jump. Ramp him up gradually, get past the FSU game and off he goes.

Last edited:
It's going to come down to either Rosier or Perry. If Perry can learn the offense quickly like Kaaya did, he's starting. I personally believe we'll be fine either way.

Advertisement
Perry should snatch this up before the season comes IMO

That's it, though

He's got to take it and take it hard.

If he's tied or close with the other guys, most coaches would go with experience, or at least guys that have been in the system longer

Bottom line, I'm with the guy in that gives us the best chance of winning the most games. None of this let's get him in there so he can be ready for next year. I want the guy to win us some games this year.

Kaaya came in as a freshman and won the job. If the existing guys are as bad as they seem, Perry will have no problem doing the same thing.

Where da fools at who were saying Miami would be betta off when Kaaya decided to turn pro?

Few people were saying we'd be better off. A lot of us thought that we were never winning the ACC with Kaaya because over 3 years he has proven to not be a big game QB.

Lmao ok

It wasn't enough to get him even at the same level as the other two guys. Don't believe me? Listen to Rick's interview from today.

Just looking at stats man. If you got a dog in the fight than good for you. I just want to win games and what I've seen in the updates and videos posted Rosier looked like *** outside of two throws.

My only dog is getting the best guy that gives the best chance to win the most games. And if anyone says they know who TF that is now, they're FOS. Rick don't know, nobody knows.

Crowning Allison as having the best day is pure ignorance. He was playing against the 2's & 3's. Stat line by itself means nothing in a spring scrimmage game.

Advertisement
Perry should snatch this up before the season comes IMO

That's it, though

He's got to take it and take it hard.

If he's tied or close with the other guys, most coaches would go with experience, or at least guys that have been in the system longer

Bottom line, I'm with the guy in that gives us the best chance of winning the most games. None of this let's get him in there so he can be ready for next year. I want the guy to win us some games this year.

Kaaya came in as a freshman and won the job. If the existing guys are as bad as they seem, Perry will have no problem doing the same thing.

Have to factor in there were zero expectations for UM Kayaa's freshman year and Heaps only had a year left. Made sense to throw Kayaa in and take your lumps with a true frosh. Different situation now. Richt has to win 10 games. If he thinks he has just as good a chance to do that with Perry as with the other guys then by all means he should start, but if not you make do with the other guys until Perry is ready.

Lmao ok

My only dog is getting the best guy that gives the best chance to win the most games. And if anyone says they know who TF that is now, they're FOS. Rick don't know, nobody knows.

Crowning Allison as having the best day is pure ignorance. He was playing against the 2's & 3's. Stat line by itself means nothing in a spring scrimmage game.

Correct. Allison was playing against the 2s. Rosier and Sheriffs ran against the 1s. I thought Rosier looked a bit better today, but I'm not convinced either is a true #1 guy -- at least not yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bama vs FSU week 1 could very well dictate who we start at Tally
- The good news is that FSU has to show you their A game on D & O against a top team

Can Perry Pick up the Playbook and be ready by week 3 to go on the road vs a top 5 team?

I think we will see at least 3 different QBs in our first 2 weeks
- and probably 2 QB at Tally

Correct. Allison was playing against the 2s. Rosier and Sheriffs ran against the 1s. I thought Rosier looked a bit better today, but I'm not convinced either is a true #1 guy -- at least not yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough... just also consider he was also running with which Offensive group?

Advertisement
Back