Rooting for the opponent

Orangebowl

Redshirt Freshman
Could or will you root against Miami in any games this year so that Golden will get fired? I'm torn on this subject. I certainly don't want Miami to get routed by 45 points in any games this year. But what if it's the last play of the game, the opponent is down by 4 and has the ball on the Miami 3 yard line? Imagine that this is in the last game of the regular season vs Pittsburgh, Miami is 5-6, and Shalala has come out with some idiotic statement that bowl eligibility will save Golden's career. I think I'd be rooting for Pittsburgh to make that touchdown. I'd probably be willing to trade a slightly worse season for a long term gain if push comes to shove.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wonder how bad this season has to be for the administration to fire Golden. I definitely don't want us to go 0-12 since I'm sure Golden will be fired if we go 1-11. I wonder if 6-6 or 7-5 will get Golden another year, though. My hope is that Miami loses the exact minimum number of games that will get Golden canned.

Advertisement
People who root for Miami to lose are Gators and losers. Lots of Gators and losers post here.

Always root for the Canes. Don't worry about the losses, they will come naturally with Golden at the helm. You should be more rooting for Blake James to sack it the **** up and act like a real AD.

Brilliant post. Says all one needs to know about Miami fans.

Could or will you root against Miami in any games this year so that Golden will get fired? I'm torn on this subject. I certainly don't want Miami to get routed by 45 points in any games this year. But what if it's the last play of the game, the opponent is down by 4 and has the ball on the Miami 3 yard line? Imagine that this is in the last game of the regular season vs Pittsburgh, Miami is 5-6, and Shalala has come out with some idiotic statement that bowl eligibility will save Golden's career. I think I'd be rooting for Pittsburgh to make that touchdown. I'd probably be willing to trade a slightly worse season for a long term gain if push comes to shove.

Dumb thread. Reeks of troll.

Advertisement
Brilliant post. Says all one needs to know about Miami fans.

If we're talking about a hypothetical, you might want to use the new presidents name in the post.

Holy ****...this again.

Listen dude...root for the PROGRAM. Root for what's best for the PROGRAM. Sometimes wins are losses...unfortunately we're staring that moment in the face.

Like many others around here with half a semblance of intelligence I'll be rooting for as many losses as possible this year in order to hopefully put an end to the abomination that is Golden.

With that said I'm not going to go to the games and sit there and cheer when the other team scores. I refuse to give this abortion of an administration one penny til changes are made so those two issues go hand in hand...don't renew, don't buy individual tickets. Stay home on your couch and root for Golden to continue to find a way to lose to teams he shouldn't lose to. When things change and a new coach is brought in, you renew your season tickets and life hopefully goes back to normal.

Advertisement
Has rooting for Miami helped them win games recently?

Then no need to root for them to lose, they got this.

Worked for you ******s the last 4 years right? Go jump off a bridge.

Would rather see Alf somehow win big and get a job elsewhere and then corch that team into failure. Losses are taking ******* years off my life can't take this **** anymore

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back