Rooting for Notre Lame or Clemson? (Now Game Thread)

Advertisement
Good luck to GR and Phillips. Smart move for them.
But today with Clemson and Alabama you are and will see why those teams keep projected first or second round juniors for their senior year.

When a college team has multiple players that can actually play and start on NfL rosters right now it is very difficult to beat them.
Melusi and the Samoan would not be manhandling the domers like this.

We could potentially be facing Bama next year with both GR (COVID year) and Phillips.
Why is it that for us it’s delusional to think that way but it’s expected on those teams?

How many projected day one picks have stayed for their senior year at Bama and Clemson in the last 4 years?
And people wonder why the those two teams are consistently in the playoffs.
No way Clemson looks this good without sunshine and ettiene.

Advertisement
Kelly says he’s considering opting out of the playoffs if no fans. Dabo says playoffs? You’re talking playoffs? ND does not deserve to get in with the way it’s going and Dabo is making sure of that. Don’t let up.
I knew Brian Kelly was scared shîtless when he out of nowhere started raving like a lunatic about parents, he knew he was about to get shellacked & grasping at straws to distract people from the upcoming asswhoopin lol.

Whenever you see a Coach making a big fuss in the media about a non-issue for no reason at all, that’s nothing more than fear of impending doom coming out, he was up there like “If they don’t allow our players to get a Capri Sun break we will boycott the playoffs! This is utterly ridiculous!”

Last edited:
A **** shot at what?

We're miles away from Clemson - they'd have beaten us handily a second time too.

My point is that while Clemson did indeed whoop us, tell me again what Alabama did to A&M. Had we looked impressive and won out, what claim would A&M have over us? That Alabama/A&M game was over at halftime, while we still had some hope in the 3rd at Clemson.

Also, ND was getting the rematch anyway, so I was talking playoff shot. At least an outside shot at it.

Someone correct me If I’m wrong, but if this beatdown continues and ND gets dropped from the playoff, they take the OB Bid that UNC is projected to get. UNC would get the Cheez-Itz Bowl bid most probably, and we’d end up in the Gator Bowl against Kentucky or Ole Miss. Basically everyone moves a step down.

Advertisement
ND doing they best Miami impersonation. Look good vs trash ACC teams then get thrashed by a real healthy team.
Bro ND beat UNC by 2 scores just a couple of weeks ago in Chapel Hill. You know the same UNC who bent over the Canes on Senior Day at the Rock. Don’t kid yourself this ND team is legit. Clemson just being Clemson and call the regular season game in South Bend an anomaly

Hey, but I thought that there was no drop off from TL to their backup QB (said every poster on here when I said ND was going to get steamrolled by Clemson)

Advertisement
Bro ND beat UNC by 2 scores just a couple of weeks ago in Chapel Hill. You know the same UNC who bent over the Canes on Senior Day at the Rock. Don’t kid yourself this ND team is legit. Clemson just being Clemson and call the regular season game in South Bend an anomaly
ND also struggled against FSU, the team we mauled. They also put 12 points on that pathetic UL D. ND got **** lucky in getting the Crippled Tigers.

Advertisement
It’s third down conversions and touchdowns vs field goals that win games.

Also this game is in Charlotte ? Close commute for Clemson. Not for lame
My point is that Uiagalelei, a true freshmen throwing for 400+ yards in his first start, on the road is an indictment on ND's defense more than anything.

TL has been running that offense for three years. He knows where to go if his first or second read isn't open. He can move the ball with his legs too, so defenses have to account for that. His precense elevates the entire offense whether he throws for 400 or 200 yards. It's not a coincidence Etienne is having a much better game this time.

Anyone who thought TL wouldn't change the complexity of this game doesn't know their *** from a hole in the ground.

Advertisement
Back