Rooting for Notre Lame or Clemson? (Now Game Thread)

Clemson impedes any progress we want to make so much more than Notre Dame I don’t understand why such an overwhelming majority want Clemson. U realize well never win an ACC title at the rate they’re recruiting/playing at right? We need them to suffer!
Because of ND arrogance, that's why. We ACC fans will never hear the end of it from ND if they come in, for one year and go undefeated in OUR conference and win it. I think that would make me absolutely puke. ND already thinks our conf. is weak and them winning it will only allow their fans to say I told you so. Trust me, I grew up in South Bend and I despise ND like no other. Well maybe UFag.

Advertisement
Because of ND arrogance, that's why. We ACC fans will never hear the end of it from ND if they come in, for one year and go undefeated in OUR conference and win it. I think that would make me absolutely puke. ND already thinks our conf. is weak and them winning it will only allow their fans to say I told you so. Trust me, I grew up in South Bend and I despise ND like no other. Well maybe UFag.
Growing up in South Bend would be tough. You get a pass lol

Advertisement
Clemson impedes any progress we want to make so much more than Notre Dame I don’t understand why such an overwhelming majority want Clemson. U realize well never win an ACC title at the rate they’re recruiting/playing at right? We need them to suffer!
Yep...if we or anyone is ever going to knock them off their perch we'll need them to begin losing sometimes. Miami fans have a rightful disdain for ND but Clemson has taken a giant dump on our mother's chest way more often lately. Notre Dame could be playing ISIS in football and boomer Miami fans would root for terrorism because they can't get over a rivalry that was hot 30 years ago. You're hung-up on some clown from the 60s man!

Cannot let ND win the ACC and walk right tf back out.
Yeah, Swafford is a ******* idiot for setting the conference up to look like fools. If ND wins the one and only year they join a conference, the national perception of the ACC, which isn't exactly great to begin with, takes a bit hit.

This effing clown. You know who definitely won't be there? Declan Sullivan and Lizzy Seeberg. Not to mention that Notre Dame has pretty much beclowned itself on the covid front more than any other major university in the last 8 months.

Last edited:
Advertisement

because you don't understand the miami-notre dame rivalry. they're persona non grata just below uf and fsu.

also clemson losing to an undefeated nd isn't going to hinder their progress going forward, but notre dame winning would give them an acc title before us and they'll always have that. it's not like clemson is an upstart and this title game will springboard them going forward or they'll go back to mediocrity if they miss the cfp. ohio state has missed a playoff and they're still doing just fine. you need to accept that clemson will be a juggernaut until dabo is gone because they're the best-run program in the country outside of alabama (and arguably ohio state). they're not a rival, but notre dame damned sure is.

personally, i'd never root for nd unless they're playing uf or fsu... and even then i'd do it with a puke bucket handy.

Last edited:
Clemson to win by 7 or less. nd gets the loss, the team that beat us wins the ACC championship, and most importantly, 2 ACC teams in the playoff, which means more money for Miami.
Not sure about the gaytor chances of getting in but maybe a close Clemson win makes it harder for them to get in???

Advertisement
Clemson will always be appreciated in my book for getting Golden canned. In my eyes, the only time it's allowed to want ND to win is if they're playing the gaytors. Now that team is the all-time worst.

I’ll be cheering for the meteor

but if I have to choose a football team then Clemson. ***** the Irish they can all die

Advertisement
I just can not want ND to win a game, much less an ACC title. I can't stand Clemson, and sure it would be funny if they lost, but I will not pull for ND.

Advertisement
Back