Rooster to SMU?

He was solid when Lashlee was the OC, his YPC was definitely underwhelming but in 2021 he had 841 Total Yards 11TDs in 8 games and was a legit receiver out the backfield. Rooster was a weapon anyway you want to shape it, the more weapons you have on offense the better. It would of also been his senior season, so he was definitely going to go all out.

I’m not emotionally attached, & u’re putting a lot of hypotheticals & qualifiers out there. If u’re disappointed that he’s no longer here, that’s ur prerogative.

Advertisement
Did he not produce with Lashlee in 2021?
1C083EA1-4203-42F7-A171-00A15457716E.gif

Advertisement
That 2019 team wasted a lot of talent, that team could of easily had 9 wins if Jarren didn't completely meltdown and we beat FIU, Duke and La Tech to finish the season. We had a good defense that season and some quality talent on offense.

WR Kj Osborn
WR Mike Harley
WR Jeff Thomas
TE Brevin Jordan
RB Deejay Dallas
RB Cam Harris

It's crazy that we ended up going 6-7 and getting shut out by La Tech.
Dan Enos.

Advertisement
I’ll allow it.

Either I’m slow or I’m not getting the reference. I don’t why he put quotes around oblivion.

It is factual though. Unless he absolutely kills it at SMU or in the NFL he will be forgotten.
Look at the poster (Maude) he was quoting and responding to.

Rooster’s potential vs. reality is what I see many fans have a difficulty in differentiating. All that dynamo means nothing when the valve keeps blowing off the machine by untimely fumbles or an inability to gain crucial yards to extend a drive. We’re talking about a guy who put up two 100+ rushing games in 3 yrs & avg. 4.4/carry.

He’s a nice complimentary back, but there’s a reason y a guy who transferred from UAB started eating in to his carries. He only avg. 3.9 ypc under a friendlier Lashlee offense. Hopefully, he realizes his dream elsewhere, but here? He was underwhelming w a flash of potential.
Jeff Thomas 2.0

Advertisement
On a good team he's WR4 like I said he should've been since his first year.

He's not a traditional RB. He doesn't have good vision, he's not big, and he fumbles if you whisper in his ear you were thinking about hitting him.

But he's got very good hands, he's exceptionally quick, he's sudden, he's pretty dynamic when he has the ball in space, and he's got home run speed. So put him in a position that suits his game the best, and that's a slot receiver/H-back/3rd down back (although his pass pro is not great).
As much as y'all hate gattis THAT EXACTLY WAS GATTIS PLAN LAST YEAR when the plan was we'd have a healthy stable of running backs. That all changed quickly.

Advertisement
How are these SMU kids doing in spring ball? curious to know if romello is taking a step, keyshawn, rooster.
I was curious too and looked on one of their boards. Doesnt sound like anyone projected for a starting spot (including Jakai Clark & Elijah Roberts) but Romello seems to be making some noise with the deep ball and all the guys should get burn.

Advertisement
Back