• >100 but <150 and > 300

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • >150 and > 350

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • A whole helluva lot

Votes: 23 29.9%

• Total voters
Advertisement
I can't see the numbers being low in this game. But hey, if we come out like morons and try to establish the run first, it'll be an ugly game. Manny knows his seat is scorching hot, and will probably tell Lashlee to score as much as humanly possible, any way possible. If conditions are good, I can see TVD going over 400, easily. Too many chunk plays to keep his numbers down. Also, Duke is just plain bad. I can see a lot of short passes turning into long gains. Mallory with a season high. Rambo with enough to break the record. Rushing yards, it just depends on if we even worry about that. Oh, and Harley gets some looks as well.

Bottom line, this SHOULD be our most lopsided win of the season against a P5 opponent. 52-17 type of game, with TVD going scorched earth the first half.

Rooster under a hundred rushing, (he's going to share more carries) TVD gonna hit 400. We will see Rizk take a snap.

That's what should happen, but with Manny who the f knows?

Advertisement
i wonder how many CIS users just pressed back button since they don’t know what any of it means.
tenor (3).gif

Duke is really, really bad and I have a hard time thinking Manny, even Manny, keeping this game close.

Rooster hits some big plays but shares carries with Thad and Brown. He combines rushing and receiving between 100 and 150, 2-3 TDs.

Van Dimes gets to over 300 yards and 2-3 TDs. Might be pulled if there is a sizable lead (30+) by end of 3rd quarter.

I know, Manny, but even Manny beat Duke 48-0 last year.

I can see TVD wanting to pad the statistics for Harley and Rambo. If I am neither of above, just keep your head in the game, TVD should reach third option a couple of times during the game. Can't Rambo break season receptions and yardage records this week?

Advertisement
Lashlee made it sound like he ******* got the memo at last presser.. We are a passing team.. TVD throwing for 400+.. Maybe 500 against Duke..

I think there will be more Thad, and Rooster will get more of his production receiving. Id expect Rooster to be over 100 all purpose, but I think this could be the van dymes show, at least by design going in. If Manny does not sense the inevitable, he should be looking to make a statement. Things will change though if we get punched in the mouth, which I am not ruling out as a possibility, even if it is just duke.

Advertisement
Duke is really, really bad and I have a hard time thinking Manny, even Manny, keeping this game close.

Rooster hits some big plays but shares carries with Thad and Brown. He combines rushing and receiving between 100 and 150, 2-3 TDs.

Van Dimes gets to over 300 yards and 2-3 TDs. Might be pulled if there is a sizable lead (30+) by end of 3rd quarter.

I know, Manny, but even Manny beat Duke 48-0 last year.
He beat FSU nearly as bad, last year.

Manny's D is what is going to allow/force TVD to play into the 4th quarter, thus the gaudy stats.

The reason you get big leads in these games is to sit your best players so there is no risk of injury, and the backups get valuable playing time. It's just a matter of time before we lose a critical piece of our team because they are playing late in a game they should be out of already. Then they will be replaced by someone who hasn't played, because there was never a decent lead for them to get playing time.

Been a BIG TVD fan since the day he signed and he has the ability and potential with the right coach to be the BEST of any QB who played at UM. We should be recruiting 4 and 5 star studs at the slot and wide receiver positions. This kid has all the tools and he is a gunslinger and can score from anywhere on the field. We haven't had this type of QB in a long time. Sorry about the guys who love Garcia but it doesn't have what TVD has. If he does then let the competition begin next year. TVD IS THE REAL DEAL!

The game needs to be over with by halftime so our younger players can get reps. So I think option A is more realistic. I also expect some records to be broken on Saturday. Harley breaks the all time receptions record and Rambo breaks the receiving yards record.

Advertisement
At the same time, Rooster could break 2 long runs, and get over a hundred on two carries. Or he gets 12 carries and 30 yards.

Who knows?

The reason you get big leads in these games is to sit your best players so there is no risk of injury, and the backups get valuable playing time.
Don't undersell the fact that the reason you get big leads is because you're actually playing well - which is probably why we don't get them too often.

Advertisement
Back