Rooster Management

IndayArtHauz

Knoxville Baby Maker
Administrator
The following guys were either 1) not on the team or 2) likely transfer candidates at the time Manny Diaz took the job.

Jarren Williams (QB1) - Stayed with program
KJ Osborn (WR1-2) - Grad tran
Jeff Thomas (WR1-2) - Returned to program
Tate Martell (QB 2-3) - Transfer
Trevon Hill (DE 3-4) - Grad tran
Chigozie Nnoruka (DT 3-4) - Transfer

I have no idea if Manny is going to turn this molehill of opportunity into a mountain, but lawd have mercy has he given himself the best opportunity to have success in year 1. These are not piecemeal stop gaps. These are difference makers (hence why I’m not including Bolden or Phillips, because we have no idea what to make of them).

Advertisement
If the best player always starts, then why is scott patchan ahead of trevon on the depth chart?
Because Patchan ain't no slouch one of the top graded run stoppers in the ACC last year and he can actually rush the quarterback as well. We all know they rotate those dlineman in anyways. They will all get about the same snaps

What's the timeline on Manny accepting the job at UM and Shaq/Pickney choosing to stay for another year? Can we give him credit for that too lol?

Also you better include Tommy Kennedy for providing Nesta the nutrition he needs.

Advertisement
Because Patchan ain't no slouch one of the top graded run stoppers in the ACC last year and he can actually rush the quarterback as well. We all know they rotate those dlineman in anyways. They will all get about the same snaps
Pretty much.

Not to mention he has played in the system a lot longer than Hill.
Also Hill, is still trying to get back into football shape after missing most of the 2018 season along with his injury.

Patchan > Hill simply due to the knowledge of the D. I expect Hill to get lots of burn along with some of the other guys that arrived in the summer but clearly have the talent to start.

Advertisement
What's the timeline on Manny accepting the job at UM and Shaq/Pickney choosing to stay for another year? Can we give him credit for that too lol?

Also you better include Tommy Kennedy for providing Nesta the nutrition he needs.
Nothing against Shaq or Pinck, cause I love em both; but neither had any business declaring early for the draft. They would've wound up like McIntosh, Norton or Joe Yearby.

The following guys were either 1) not on the team or 2) likely transfer candidates at the time Manny Diaz took the job.

Jarren Williams (QB1) - Stayed with program
KJ Osborn (WR1-2) - Grad tran
Jeff Thomas (WR1-2) - Returned to program
Tate Martell (QB 2-3) - Transfer
Trevon Hill (DE 3-4) - Grad tran
Chigozie Nnoruka (DT 3-4) - Transfer

I have no idea if Manny is going to turn this molehill of opportunity into a mountain, but lawd have mercy has he given himself the best opportunity to have success in year 1. These are not piecemeal stop gaps. These are difference makers (hence why I’m not including Bolden or Phillips, because we have no idea what to make of them).

Please edit your post to include Tommy Kennedy. Thank you.

Whoops, I need to edit myself, TK signed his LOI with Richt.

Didn’t Richt convince JW to stay? Honestly I can’t remember..too much drama at the end of last season causing me to be in a continuous drunken state!

Advertisement
If the best player always starts, then why is scott patchan ahead of trevon on the depth chart?

I know coach Stroud and unless you are a Russian bot spoofing him you are not Coach Stroud or for that matter Coach Baker or Head Coach Diaz. Please explain why you are the final authority as to who should start at DE for UM? Hill is a heck of a player from what I have seen of his film at VaTech. Patchan is a heck of a player from what I have seen at his injury plagued career at UM. Maybe you are Bill Belicheck trolloing UM boards and an expert evaluator of DE's? If not, then I might respectfully resquest that you allow Manny Diaz and current UM staff to pick their starters based upon what they see every day on the practice field????

Advertisement
Nothing against Shaq or Pinck, cause I love em both; but neither had any business declaring early for the draft. They would've wound up like McIntosh, Norton or Joe Yearby.

Hasn’t stopped guys like that from leaving here year after year. If Diaz had any part in keeping them here, he definitely gets credit. In fact, that’s been one of the main problems around here. So it’s no small thing.

Advertisement
Back