LG
Donaldson / Reed
C
Gaynor / Clark
RG
Hillery / Traore
RT
Campbell / Herbert
What do we know about Hillery and Campbell?

What do we know about Hillery and Campbell?

Nothing much aside from hearing about Campbell performing better than Herbert in scrimmage 1.

I think Barry's first OL combo back in spring was Scaife/Vaughn/Gaynor/Hillery/Campbell if I'm not mistaken

Advertisement
The following guys were either 1) not on the team or 2) likely transfer candidates at the time Manny Diaz took the job.

Jarren Williams (QB1) - Stayed with program
KJ Osborn (WR1-2) - Grad tran
Jeff Thomas (WR1-2) - Returned to program
Tate Martell (QB 2-3) - Transfer
Trevon Hill (DE 3-4) - Grad tran
Chigozie Nnoruka (DT 3-4) - Transfer

I have no idea if Manny is going to turn this molehill of opportunity into a mountain, but lawd have mercy has he given himself the best opportunity to have success in year 1. These are not piecemeal stop gaps. These are difference makers (hence why I’m not including Bolden or Phillips, because we have no idea what to make of them).
Manny is going to squeeze his rooster to get every last drop out of it.
o_O

Nothing much aside from hearing about Campbell performing better than Herbert in scrimmage 1.

I think Barry's first OL combo back in spring was Scaife/Vaughn/Gaynor/Hillery/Campbell if I'm not mistaken
Reed is probably the best lineman on the 2nd team, so if Scaife kicked outside Reed would probably be the other guard not hillery

Hill Was having conditioning issues at the start of camp plus he is coming off a shoulder surgery a few months back. No point in breaking him during camp.... Patchan is a good player too. Both will see a ton of playing time this year!

Advertisement
It is always important to manage any roosters that you have.

bd762e60f712808f68bb06eb00b8d27ead786992a3dc3591fce8f3dda42cd595.jpg

I read a report that Hill is still working to get in game shape, that my be it.

correct. Stroud said as much. Hill just has to get his feet under him. He might not start aug 24 but he'll play a lot and will be the starter in no time

Advertisement
Didn’t Richt convince JW to stay? Honestly I can’t remember..too much drama at the end of last season causing me to be in a continuous drunken state!

Yeah it was confirmed again this week that the Richts convinced Jarren to stay. It's completely mindboggling how they mismanaged him last year.

Manny definitely deserves some credit for Shaq and Pinckey. I doubt they return if Patke and Banda are the co-DCs on a Richt-led team.

Bolden will play a lot of minutes against UF and will be a starter before September is done. He's too good to be denied. I love Blades and Ivey. But Bolden was already where they are a year ago. I know he's got to shake the rust off. But he hasn't been sitting around eating bon bons.

Advertisement
Manny definitely deserves some credit for Shaq and Pinckey. I doubt they return if Patke and Banda are the co-DCs on a Richt-led team.

Bolden will play a lot of minutes against UF and will be a starter before September is done. He's too good to be denied. I love Blades and Ivey. But Bolden was already where they are a year ago. I know he's got to shake the rust off. But he hasn't been sitting around eating bon bons.
What does Bolden have to do with Blades and Ivey's PT? Did I miss something re: a position change?

As long as D Smith can hold down that 3rd Safety spot, Bolden's the new Colbertson. He's seeing the field early and often one way or another.

Advertisement
Back