Ron Dugans appreciation thread

SinCityCane

Recruit
Am I glad he didn't go to Tally with Taggart. Since he came in, we've seen Ahmmon break our freshman record & Berrios make a **** of a jump in his senior year - into a future terror in the slot for the Pats. We've seen Jeff Thomas deliver explosive plays off the bat & Darrell Langham make iconic grabs. We see some of the best WR blocking around, & he continues to land some of the best HS talent in the nation.

Dugans is easily one of the best WR coaches in the country & one of the key guys on this staff. We're blessed to have him, & I can't wait to see the things his group will do with the talent he's put together.

(As a side note- I probably would have stayed too if I had Ahmmon Richards, Jeff Thomas & Mark Pope on my WR squad :noidea:)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dude out there at practice with two phones looking like he about to murk someone for dropping a pass.

dugans.jpg

A deserving thread on a day that's probably tough for the guy. The obvious emphasis on making his crew the best blocking wideout group in the country almost tells you all you need to know about Donk too. I hope he's here as long as Rick is.
Why do you say that? I must have overlooked news if it was posted

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dugans has been one of the better coaches on the staff and is elite at what he does. Great coach both in recruiting and instructional. The guy has really exceeded all my expectations. When we get our 6th it will be bc of coaches like him.

Advertisement
Agree that he has been a great coach, the most impressive aspect for me is how he has the receivers blocking. Those guys go balls out to block downfield.

I felt our WR blocking had been improving since Beard was here. Dugans has taken them to another level, but Beard did a good job at this as well. Our WR blocking has been good for a few year now, and it's a beautiful thing to see. In fact, I'd say this is probably the best blocking group of WRs we've had in many years. I can't think right off hand what team might have had a better blocking group.

Advertisement
If he can get the wide receivers to catch as good as they block, I'd be extra excited. Maybe this is the year Cager stops playing like he's 5'8".

Advertisement
Back