Romello height 1000% cane...LOL jk signs with Auburn

Advertisement
People feel the place they love and their alma mater is getting disrespected. I get it. If he’s still choosing us why is he doing this? Is drumming up a little bit of interest really worth making yourself look like an attention seeking child? Why lie about visiting Auburn?

I understand that some people take it too far but this kid brought it on himself.
So now I see why people are ****ed. I didn't see all the pro Auburn **** he was posting. In that case, I understand.

Just in case you feel like editing a little....................this is the post.

I don't need to edit anything. If I had put just about any schools would the discussion be any different? Would this not have occurred if we had beaten FIU, Duke and GT?

No.

We are not Bama, Clemson or Ohio State even if we had gone 10-2 this year.

Regardless, when a kid tells you a few day ago he's 100% locked in and you find out during the dead period he took a visit and is looking to decommit, I doubt even those schools could find a replacement.

Advertisement
Most kids who spurn us like this don’t end up having great careers. No doubt he’s a talented kid but regardless our dends are going to eat with him if he comes and without him if he doesn’t

Advertisement
No my usage of the word your energy (as I clarified in a follow up post) was directed at my target which is those directly responsible for the program. I do find it laughable that fans target kids when those in charge have shown to be incompetent but feel how you wanna feel (another reason why I've repeatedly said focus on the kids behavior if you want). I never said you should tolerate disrespect from anyone, but if you have your own **** in order you become less inclined to be affected by what a specific kid does.....................but it's obvious Miami doesn't hence why it hurts more and makes the staff look weak and clueless. I give a **** about the real source of the problem (the program in it's current state) and my back and forth has to do with targeting a kid and his actions over the actions (or lack there of) of the employees who run the program. It reeks of ignorance so I comment, doesn't mean you can't feel how you want.

I can respect that (minus the ignorance part). And this staff is definitely weak and clueless, and the staff should absolutely be held accountable for their actions. But they can be held accountable, and so can the kids. No excuses for bad behavior (not for anyone).

To be clear, I am not advocating chasing these kids around on Twitter or social media bashing them. That's not a good look and not appropriate from grown men. I also understand the outrage when young people handle things incorrectly and act out. Separate and apart from my love for the University of Miami, as someone who spent 5 years teaching in public schools, I believe that if we want kids to behave with a certain amount of respect, we need to demand that respect and set the appropriate expectation (as a society). When we look past (and, sometime, applaud) poor behavior, attention-seeking behavior, etc..., we just end up with more of it.

I can respect that (minus the ignorance part). And this staff is definitely weak and clueless, and the staff should absolutely be held accountable for their actions. But they can be held accountable, and so can the kids. No excuses for bad behavior (not for anyone).

To be clear, I am not advocating chasing these kids around on Twitter or social media bashing them. That's not a good look and not appropriate from grown men. I also understand the outrage when young people handle things incorrectly and act out. Separate and apart from my love for the University of Miami, as someone who spent 5 years teaching in public schools, I believe that if we want kids to behave with a certain amount of respect, we need to demand that respect and set the appropriate expectation (as a society). When we look past (and, sometime, applaud) poor behavior, attention-seeking behavior, etc..., we just end up with more of it.

The difference is I bet you were a very competent teacher and set the right example therefore your expectations for the kids you taught were both warranted and reciprocated (for the most part, outliers can happen in any set of variables). These coaches have disrespected other coaching staffs crashing coaching clinics, they've gone around tweeting nonsense like they were kids themselves, allowed kids to not show up for practice and literally quit the team only to bring them back with open arms, and when it was time to put up or shut up showed their lack of preparation. But as coaches you want kids you're recruiting to take you seriously and act a certain way???? The issue isn't whether the kid should be respectful (they should always be and up until this very incident I haven't seen anything to suggest Height isn't a respectful kid), it's the adult and professional setting the example to justify change to the kid (more than likely the kid has seen through the bull**** and made a decision). Is it the best way..................no but he is still a kid and I'm sure emotionally reacting to a fan base and incompetent coaching staff which isn't surprising.

It's his 15 minutes of fame and what goes around comes around, life lessons can be tough. The bigger problem is that had our program been where it's supposed to be................it wouldn't matter either way.

Advertisement
The difference is I bet you were a very competent teacher and set the right example therefore your expectations for the kids you taught were both warranted and reciprocated (for the most part, outliers can happen in any set of variables). These coaches have disrespected other coaching staffs crashing coaching clinics, they've gone around tweeting nonsense like they were kids themselves, allowed kids to not show up for practice and literally quit the team only to bring them back with open arms, and when it was time to put up or shut up showed their lack of preparation. But as coaches you want kids you're recruiting to take you seriously and act a certain way???? The issue isn't whether the kid should be respectful (they should always be and up until this very incident I haven't seen anything to suggest Height isn't a respectful kid), it's the adult and professional setting the example to justify change to the kid (more than likely the kid has seen through the bull**** and made a decision). Is it the best way..................no but he is still a kid and I'm sure emotionally reacting to a fan base and incompetent coaching staff which isn't surprising.

It's his 15 minutes of fame and what goes around comes around, life lessons can be tough. The bigger problem is that had our program been where it's supposed to be................it wouldn't matter either way.

I appreciate the positive words on my days as a teacher.

The bolded part is an interesting point that I honestly had not considered. The coaches themselves use social media like children, have tolerated childish behavior, and have, in a sense, been irresponsible and immature in their own preparation throughout the year. So they should not be surprised when kids demonstrate the same behavior back at them. That honestly makes a good deal of sense to me.

I am actually even more ****ed off at the staff than I was before I read your post, lol. And I appreciate the perspective and reasoned response. Gives me some hope for CIS.

I don't need to edit anything. If I had put just about any schools would the discussion be any different? Would this not have occurred if we had beaten FIU, Duke and GT?

No.

We are not Bama, Clemson or Ohio State even if we had gone 10-2 this year.

Regardless, when a kid tells you a few day ago he's 100% locked in and you find out during the dead period he took a visit and is looking to decommit, I doubt even those schools could find a replacement.

They do it every year, it's a common part of recruiting. The best coaches keep relationships established, know how to read people, and plan effectively even if a kid they didn't have room for prior is committed somewhere else but then the spot opens due to a surprise change.

Obviously we're not at that level yet but from a simple standpoint of planning we're already showing incompetence. I can live with not hitting every target as long as there are effective contingency plans but even if you look at areas of weakness on this team..............we haven't addressed them sufficiently this recruiting cycle. It's the same problem we've had for years which is why we have an unbalanced roster with poor depth at multiple areas, and this staff is simply repeating those mistakes. This isn't just about Height, there is more than enough evidence to show the gaping holes with this staff, but it's those holes that make this situation look worse when under a better prepared staff it wouldn't sting nearly as much. Without transfer portal help it's looking like we won't even have a full class again.................and this is supposed to be the honeymoon class for Christ's sake.

Advertisement
since he posted an auburn and miami pic on Facebook today saying he was deciding on miami vs auburn. he is trolling one of us.

Last edited:
Here is my thought. I think the kid can be a stud. I dont think he is the difference between miami winning a natty. So im not gonna be like some of yall and throw a tantrum. If he signs he signs. There are other kids coming up in south fla just like him.

Most kids who spurn us like this don’t end up having great careers. No doubt he’s a talented kid but regardless our dends are going to eat with him if he comes and without him if he doesn’t

First sentence is correct. It is a character flaw.

Call Height. Withdraw the offer. Leak that it was withdrawn due to concerns over behavior.

Advertisement
Back