Romello height 1000% cane...LOL jk signs with Auburn

dont think alla bout the U gets the point. yes you can blame the season the coaching missteps, but Height has handled the last few days poorly. he couldve gone radio silent and just let the speculation build, but instead hes super vocals in his denial and his bid for followers

I seem to be one of only few who understand that kids can be impulsive, overly emotional, attention seeking, and ignorant to the bigger picture, especially when making life changing decisions. The only reason most people on here care about the kids' actions is because of how they affect Miami, yet they refuse to focus on the real reason why Miami is affected. That's my issue.............this isn't about a lack of understanding I just blame those who are directly responsible and get paid a lot of money to handle those responsibilities. I take exception when they don't a lot more than some kid who could use a lesson in manners and respect.

Advertisement
You are living in a fantasy world if you think there are more than a half dozen schools out there, at best, that can have a a backup plan if a kid of this caliber de-commits basically on NSD.

90% of the schools out there are trying their *** off just to get 25 kids who can play, commit, stick to that commitment and qualify academically. We are no different.

All this talk about this being a business and the rest is just keyboard bravado.

You are the one that initially stated no schools could do this, it's good to see you are rewording your statement now. There is a reason I said the top schools......................and you'll have to excuse me if my expectation for Miami's football program to be of that caliber.

I'm great at multi-tasking my rage, bro. I am perfectly capable of wishing for the collapse of the BOT, wanting to see Flake Shames pushed from a moving train, hoping the spirit of Tom Landry takes over Mandy's body, praying Enox gets an offer he can't refuse to corch in the Chinese Arena Football League, AND chastising Height for being a disrespectful punk (if, as many suspect, he is trolling us).

Besides, when you expect less from kids, they will continue to give you less.

The expectations of the kids mean **** when the program is run incompetently, like I said you (meaning the program) need to have your own house in order before expecting it from others. Unless you're a direct part of the program, I don't really give a **** how you direct your rage I just find it laughable that the focus stems toward the kid and his actions (with the premise of how it affects Miami) instead of the grown adults who get paid to run the program.

Last edited:
I'm 32. Soon to be 33. I remember in 2009 thinking we were back. We weren't. I was 22.

I remember thinking in 2013 we were back. We weren't. I was 26.

I remember in 2017 thinking we were back. We weren't I was 30.

I don't even get mad at losses anymore. I laughed at HT of FIU. I knew we weren't going to score enough to beat them.

Fellas, and gal (highly doubt there's more than one on here) don't let this program steal your youth and get all worked up. It ain't worth it.

And also....

1576614181436.png

Advertisement
You are the one that initially stated no schools could do this, it's good to see you are rewording your statement now. There is a reason I said the top schools......................and you'll have to excuse me if my expectation for Miami's football program to be of that caliber.

No I stated there are no kids of his caliber waiting around to be a Plan B for us.

Not to derail the thread, but who was the kid from Vero or Ft Pierce who plays DE? Alot of people on the board wanted him.

Advertisement
The expectations of the kids mean **** when the program is run incompetently, like I said you (meaning the program) need to have your own house in order before expecting it from others. Unless you're a direct part of the program, I don't really give a **** how you direct your rage.

On the first part, I don't think expecting kids to be respectful is something that only winning programs should expect. And the more people tolerate ****-poor behavior from kids, the more kids will gravitate towards ****-poor behavior.

On the second part, you literally told me (or maybe, more generally, this board) not to "focus [my/our] energy on the disrespectful KID when the grown adults who get paid to run things can't keep their own house in order." I am telling you I can and will do both. If you don't really care how I expend my energy/time/rage, that's even better... but then why comment on it? Your entire back and forth with everyone on this thread the last few pages is you giving a fvck how people direct their rage/anger/outrage.

Advertisement
No I stated there are no kids of his caliber waiting around to be a Plan B for us.

There are no players with this kid's talent just waiting around hoping for a spot with us, or any school for that matter.

This is the exact quote and it's blatantly false. There are talented kids committed to other schools that wait for a potential last second offer to the top schools every cycle that end up going to that school for numerous reasons but mostly because they a. have the most to sell and b. have kept communication and a relationship throughout the process just in case plan a fell through. They take care of their **** and remain proactive and forward thinking..............that's a big reason why they have constant success and something our staff apparently knows nothing about.

On the first part, I don't think expecting kids to be respectful is something that only winning programs should expect. And the more people tolerate ****-poor behavior from kids, the more kids will gravitate towards ****-poor behavior.

On the second part, you literally told me (or maybe, more generally, this board) not to "focus [my/our] energy on the disrespectful KID when the grown adults who get paid to run things can't keep their own house in order." I am telling you I can and will do both. If you don't really care how I expend my energy/time/rage, that's even better... but then why comment on it? Your entire back and forth with everyone on this thread the last few pages is you giving a fvck how people direct their rage/anger/outrage.

Trying to convince anyone it's ok to treat us like **** 48 hours before NSD because we lost to anyone this season is just plain bizarre to me. Especially when the kid stayed committed to us through all of that and even emphatically reaffirmed it just a few days ago.

There's no convincing otherwise, so that's fine

Advertisement
Not every little thing things has to be an indictment of our entire coaching staff, AD, administration and BOT. Sometimes it's just a kid who may be changing his mind at the last minute. If and when that happens there are right and wrong ways to handle it, plain and simple. Begging for followers from the school you are supposedly 1000% committed to less than a week ago when your intention is to leave them at the alter 48 hours later, after months of being committed, is just a ****** thing to do.

There is no Plan B for that. There are no players with this kid's talent just waiting around hoping for a spot with us, or any school for that matter.

Sometimes it just is what it is. This is one of those times.

Just in case you feel like editing a little....................this is the post.

Some of our fans certifiable. This **** is just insane.

People feel the place they love and their alma mater is getting disrespected. I get it. If he’s still choosing us why is he doing this? Is drumming up a little bit of interest really worth making yourself look like an attention seeking child? Why lie about visiting Auburn?

I understand that some people take it too far but this kid brought it on himself.

No my usage of the word your energy (as I clarified in a follow up post) was directed at my target which is those directly responsible for the program. I do find it laughable that fans target kids when those in charge have shown to be incompetent but feel how you wanna feel (another reason why I've repeatedly said focus on the kids behavior if you want). I never said you should tolerate disrespect from anyone, but if you have your own **** in order you become less inclined to be affected by what a specific kid does.....................but it's obvious Miami doesn't hence why it hurts more and makes the staff look weak and clueless. I give a **** about the real source of the problem (the program in it's current state) and my back and forth has to do with targeting a kid and his actions over the actions (or lack there of) of the employees who run the program. It reeks of ignorance so I comment, doesn't mean you can't feel how you want.

Advertisement
Back