Romello height 1000% cane...LOL jk signs with Auburn

Advertisement
Winning is the best ingredient for successful recruiting. Check Dabo's initial Clemson classes
I checked the class coming off a 6-7 season and he got Sammy Watkins and others to commit and plenty of those kids never took a visit anywhere else. That aint got **** to do with winning. Green was the biggest ingredient back then and now it is more like dessert.

Advertisement
this sounds pretty plausible but I really hope this is just speculation and not insider info.

Speculation but the writing is in front of everyone’s face. Usually your first instinct is right and facts are he committed 1000% less then a week ago and now he is choosing between two schools on signing day? You don’t play this game if your committed 1000%.

I think it is either that scenario or he is waiting to hear if Auburn has a spot and if he does we are left at the alter once again.

I don't know the specifics of why and don't pretend to, the real issue and question that should be asked is......................why are we once again left with our pants down and unprepared for this potential outcome??? This is business, I don't give a **** about the morality of a high school kids college choice. Had this program taken care of it's own ****, they'd be giving these kids more to think about when these potential situations happen.

Not every little thing things has to be an indictment of our entire coaching staff, AD, administration and BOT. Sometimes it's just a kid who may be changing his mind at the last minute. If and when that happens there are right and wrong ways to handle it, plain and simple. Begging for followers from the school you are supposedly 1000% committed to less than a week ago when your intention is to leave them at the alter 48 hours later, after months of being committed, is just a ****** thing to do.

There is no Plan B for that. There are no players with this kid's talent just waiting around hoping for a spot with us, or any school for that matter.

Sometimes it just is what it is. This is one of those times.

Speculation but the writing is in front of everyone’s face. Usually your first instinct is right and facts are he committed 1000% less then a week ago and now he is choosing between two schools on signing day? You don’t play this game if your committed 1000%.

I think it is either that scenario or he is waiting to hear if Auburn has a spot and if he does we are left at the alter once again.
Going by 247, AU has quite a few 4* listed as "warm", & 5 or 6 are DE's, with 1 or 2 trending for them. Hopefully one of them makes a move.

Advertisement
Not every little thing things has to be an indictment of our entire coaching staff, AD, administration and BOT. Sometimes it's just a kid who may be changing his mind at the last minute. If and when that happens there are right and wrong ways to handle it, plain and simple. Begging for followers from the school you are supposedly 1000% committed to less than a week ago when your intention is to leave them at the alter 48 hours later, after months of being committed, is just a ****** thing to do.

There is no Plan B for that. There are no players with this kid's talent just waiting around hoping for a spot with us, or any school for that matter.

Sometimes it just is what it is. This is one of those times.

You think my opinion of this administration and coaching staff is simply from this one isolated incident??? Also, part of recruiting is proactive planning..............there are always plan b, c, and d options to make sure you have a team that is balanced. Of course plan b isn't as talented as plan a, that's why it's plan b but that's not what we're dealing with here (if in fact Height does commit to Auburn as it appears he will). Yes, the top schools always have the ability to get kids last minute if plan A falls because they have the most to sell.............goes back to taking care of your own house with actual substance.

Instead our staff tweets like a bunch of hormonal ignorant teenagers, lays eggs against inferior competition like GT, FIU, Duke, and others, then acts surprised when 17-18 year old kids don't sign on the dotted line after they committed silently (or **** even verbally) which is the same as "but you promised!!!!" Focus on the kid and his morals if you want..................this is a business and my target is always those directly responsible. The program should hold the control, not the other way around (it's no surprise multiple kids have either not showed up for practice or left/quit the team only to be allowed to come back with open arms). This admin and staff are the indictment and have been for some time, even if the names have changed.

Not going to lose sleep over a borderline 3/4 star kid at a position we happen to have bodies, and good ones at that. The optics are bad here on both sides but we need OL and CB’s so I really don’t give a **** about what this dude does

Not going to lose sleep over a borderline 3/4 star kid at a position we happen to have bodies, and good ones at that. The optics are bad here on both sides but we need OL and CB’s so I really don’t give a **** about what this dude does

I am because borderline kids like this help make programs. If he was borderline 4/5 who would already be gone.

We suck right now and need to keep every talented piece we have.

Advertisement
Again, you wanna go after the kid for his decision making fine...................at the end of the day they are kids, it's not uncommon. My bigger problem is this program giving prospects with legit choices absolutely no reason to come play at Miami while being blatantly arrogant and clueless during the process. Is this really what they get paid 6 and 7 figure annual salaries for???

Also, did they cheer him on cause of what they thought he'd do at Miami or because they just cared about him??? Lets not act like this is anything more than business and right now.......................business is bad and the people to target are obvious.

If it's just business, then just handle your business. Swearing up and down you didn't visit Auburn on social media. Posting pics to Twitter of your feet then turning around and posting Auburn v. UM on Facebook to drum up followers. Saying you are 1000% committed a week before eNSD when you're still talking to Auburn and apparently want the committable offer. None of that is business.

I don't see how this program being a dumpster fire has anything to do with recruits potentially trolling the program. If you want to be somewhere else, just go somewhere else. Considering the state of the program and the staff, most of us aren't really blaming these kids for not wanting to come. But all the noise on the way out is unnecessary and disrespectful.

You think my opinion of this administration and coaching staff is simply from this one isolated incident??? Also, part of recruiting is proactive planning..............there are always plan b, c, and d options to make sure you have a team that is balanced. Of course plan b isn't as talented as plan a, that's why it's plan b but that's not what we're dealing with here (if in fact Height does commit to Auburn as it appears he will). Yes, the top schools always have the ability to get kids last minute if plan A falls because they have the most to sell.............goes back to taking care of your own house with actual substance.

Instead our staff tweets like a bunch of hormonal ignorant teenagers, lays eggs against inferior competition like GT, FIU, Duke, and others, then acts surprised when 17-18 year old kids don't sign on the dotted line after they committed silently (or **** even verbally) which is the same as "but you promised!!!!" Focus on the kid and his morals if you want..................this is a business and my target is always those directly responsible. The program should hold the control, not the other way around (it's no surprise multiple kids have either not showed up for practice or left/quit the team only to be allowed to come back with open arms). This admin and staff are the indictment and have been for some time, even if the names have changed.
All of this.

Advertisement
If it's just business, then just handle your business. Swearing up and down you didn't visit Auburn on social media. Posting pics to Twitter of your feet then turning around and posting Auburn v. UM on Facebook to drum up followers. Saying you are 1000% committed a week before eNSD when you're still talking to Auburn and apparently want the committable offer. None of that is business.

I don't see how this program being a dumpster fire has anything to do with recruits potentially trolling the program. If you want to be somewhere else, just go somewhere else. Considering the state of the program and the staff, most of us aren't really blaming these kids for not wanting to come. But all the noise on the way out is unnecessary and disrespectful.

Of course it's business, it's just not done in an upfront or moral way. Didn't say it was right nor am I surprised a 17-18 year old kid would pull this given the attention on him and the importance of the decision. I've also said repeatedly I'm not justifying it, but it shouldn't be about the kid if our program took care of it's own **** (if they did it wouldn't matter what Height decided to do). I just choose not to waste my time with the disrespect on the outside and focus on the incompetent disease within. Don't focus your energy on the disrespectful KID when the grown adults who get paid to run things can't keep their own house in order.

dont think alla bout the U gets the point. yes you can blame the season the coaching missteps, but Height has handled the last few days poorly. he couldve gone radio silent and just let the speculation build, but instead hes super vocals in his denial and his bid for followers

Of course it's business, it's just not done in an upfront or moral way. Didn't say it was right nor am I surprised a 17-18 year old kid would pull this given the attention on him and the importance of the decision. I've also said repeatedly I'm not justifying it, but it shouldn't be about the kid if our program took care of it's own **** (if they did it wouldn't matter what Height decided to do). I just choose not to waste my time with the disrespect on the outside and focus on the incompetent disease within. Don't focus your energy on the disrespectful KID when the grown adults who get paid to run things can't keep their own house in order.

I'm great at multi-tasking my rage, bro. I am perfectly capable of wishing for the collapse of the BOT, wanting to see Flake Shames pushed from a moving train, hoping the spirit of Tom Landry takes over Mandy's body, praying Enox gets an offer he can't refuse to corch in the Chinese Arena Football League, AND chastising Height for being a disrespectful punk (if, as many suspect, he is trolling us).

Besides, when you expect less from kids, they will continue to give you less.

You are living in a fantasy world if you think there are more than a half dozen schools out there, at best, that can have a a backup plan if a kid of this caliber de-commits basically on NSD.

90% of the schools out there are trying their *** off just to get 25 kids who can play, commit, stick to that commitment and qualify academically. We are no different.

All this talk about this being a business and the rest is just keyboard bravado.

Advertisement
Back