Romello Brinson Latest

Advertisement
From Rusty Mansell this morning:

Four-Star WR Romello Brinson is set to commit to a school on Saturday night around 730pm on his IG. From everything I have heard from the last 36 hours, things seem to be trending to Miami. He was going to visit the next Saturday in March, but Covid19 hit the country and recruiting visits shut down. I always give it to you straight on a recruitment and he was a clear target for UGA staff and they wanted him, but looks likes this prospect will stay at home. I will say it will not surprise me at all down the line if he takes a visit to Athens when they open back up, so there is that as well. I am not putting in a CB on this one either way, because I could get it right today and miss it down the line.
Let’s pin this for the next time someone asks “when is the last time we beat UGA for a recruit”...

Manny, Lashlee and Likens beat UGA straight up(for now).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Eventually it could happen but don’t expect anything to happen quickly in that recruitment. He is very tight with Brinson and Brantley tho and Brantley has been recruiting him for about a year now.

If there's even a small opening now, you have to like our chances if Lashlee and King do their thing like we expect them to.

At this point, after Lashlee missed early on in landing a top QB and with nearly all the best already committed, I think he will wait to see what he has in the QB room anyway. I expect things to heat up during the season and for Lashlee to go the transfer route if he is afraid he can't find a #1 on the current roster, or shoot for a guy like Garcia if he can flip him based on our progress on offense, or both. No reason to settle at QB. We have enough backups as it is.

If there's even a small opening now, you have to like our chances if Lashlee and King do their thing like we expect them to.

At this point, after Lashlee missed early on in landing a top QB and with nearly all the best already committed, I think he will wait to see what he has in the QB room anyway. I expect things to heat up during the season and for Lashlee to go the transfer route if he is afraid he can't find a #1 on the current roster, or shoot for a guy like Garcia if he can flip him based on our progress on offense, or both. No reason to settle at QB. We have enough backups as it is.
We need to land a QB recruit every year. If we don't land one this year our QB room in 2022 will be TVD,Matocha and some true freshman.

Advertisement
Obviously you take Garcia if he wants in but Milroe is the better player in my opinion.

I get the love for a DT QB, but Milroes accuracy concerns me. He went from a 56% passer as a sophomore to a 62% passer his junior year. Combined he is a 59% passer. Unless he has horrendous WRs, that does not bode well. I think you can reasonably infer a 5% drop between HS and college given the step up in competition. That puts Milroe under the QB "Medoza Line" of 58.6% accuracy (that is basically an NFL GMs cutoff point for QBs). Garcia is a 72% passer (but played fewer games). I would rather have the more accurate QB.

Advertisement
Collins mom is the only reason he’s still committed. I’m actually surprised he hasn’t decommitted.
I know, but I'm confident if UM does there thing this season and keep recruiting then he should stay and isnt the relationship between Palmetto and UF, our biggest comp for collins, not good rn?

I get the love for a DT QB, but Milroes accuracy concerns me. He went from a 56% passer as a sophomore to a 62% passer his junior year. Combined he is a 59% passer. Unless he has horrendous WRs, that does not bode well. I think you can reasonably infer a 5% drop between HS and college given the step up in competition. That puts Milroe under the QB "Medoza Line" of 58.6% accuracy (that is basically an NFL GMs cutoff point for QBs). Garcia is a 72% passer (but played fewer games). I would rather have the more accurate QB.
He’s plenty accurate. He plays against a lot of well coached defenses in his district and doesn’t really the talent around him at receiver relative to the amount of talented DB’s he plays

Your right, i just really like athletic QBs. Pros and cons to all.

Advertisement
Back