Rolling Stone Magazine article on Golden

Advertisement
It's amazing it's taken this long for these articles to start hitting the mainstream....some of us have been calling for his head for 2 years now.

There were two things that really clued me in early on (by the end of year 2, specifically). It is not something that happened in a specific play, or against a specific team, but personality and mentality traits that simply were never going to work that revealed themselves after a satisfactory sample size had been observed. Traits that make it almost impossible to get to the very top of any competitive field such as multi million dollar sports.

1) Golden is not cut throat. The games against lower level teams were allowed to get embarrassingly close, embarrassingly late in the games.

2) Golden is not able to evolve/be flexible. He was going to force his style on the players, not put a style into place that fit the players.

You can reach your personal ceiling with these traits, and you may be a better person for them. But for this type of person, which I fully believe Golden to be, that is likely a 7 or 8 win mid west middle of the big 10 team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
There were two things that really clued me in early on (by the end of year 2, specifically). It is not something that happened in a specific play, or against a specific team, but personality and mentality traits that simply were never going to work that revealed themselves after a satisfactory sample size had been observed. Traits that make it almost impossible to get to the very top of any competitive field such as multi million dollar sports.

1) Golden is not cut throat. The games against lower level teams were allowed to get embarrassingly close, embarrassingly late in the games.
2) Golden is not able to evolve/be flexible. He was going to force his style on the players, not put a style into place that fit the players.

You can reach your personal ceiling with these traits, and you may be a better person for them. But for this type of person, which I fully believe Golden to be, that is likely a 7 or 8 win mid west middle of the big 10 team.

Get you screwed over in life 9 times out of 10! Not saying we are ******** him over, but life and society not really suited for the nice guy in most avenues of life.

You know the situation is getting painful when it's so obvious that fuggin' Rolling Stone nails it.

This ish right here. Well put

Advertisement
The key right there is the mentality that Golden putting into these kids. You have Golden telling these kids to be the same every day. That's what u tell some coal shoveler from NJ. Then you have Jimmy Johnson telling them to play like a bunch of crazy men. That's Miami, u don't tame the beast with that soft ****. You **** on everyone and fu©k **** up while doing it. With arrogance

The tragedy was not hiring him but giving him a 7 year extension.... the stup!d troll. What the f???

We must have the worst admin in CFB..... We never learn

This is the reason he has failed. He is incapable of coming up with something that caters to the "Miami" style player. I mean, come the **** on, he runs an Al Groh system.

Is this the same POS rag that did the article about the fraternity gang rape that never was? You might as well get your news/opinions from the drunk passed out in an alley.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];2288405 said:
Articles like this really show me how dumb i was for supporting golden for 2.5 years.

I was in the same boat, now I want him gone and he can take his butt buddy Coach NoD with him.

Silly+Portrait+1.gif

AG not a good fit for Miami?...who would have thought? Next thing you know we will land a man on the moon

Last edited by a moderator:
Golden should be adapting to the players not the players adapting to Golden's scheme

This is the reason he has failed. He is incapable of coming up with something that caters to the "Miami" style player. I mean, come the **** on, he runs an Al Groh system.

Advertisement
Pretty sad that this guy gets what Miami is all about more than a lot of these monocle wearing dorks posting here.

Point #2 is especially important.

Advertisement
Back