ROK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
As long as you don't make a wager with him. Rok will put up his account and once he's wrong, act like it never happened.

I said it was him last year when everyone was yelling PERRY THE PIRATE!!!!!!!!!!! Now its the Jarren guys saying he's next, and **** I hope so, but don't see it right now
Why is it that so many on this board try to act like the desire and speculation about Perry winning the job last year is the same as people thinking that Williams has a great shot this year?

They are both different situations with different dynamics and variables at play. Obviously people thought Perry had a shot at it last year because of his tremendous natural abilities like a great arm, explosiveness and athleticism. He was going against a career backup who had started one game and had proven nothing. Of course people thought Perry had a shot. What most didn't realize back then is that Perry was much more raw than we had been led to believe. Perry had basically never been coached to play the QB position in any type of structure or coherent offensive philosophy. It was pretty much the Vanguard staff handing him the ball and telling him to have fun and make something happen. Perry certainly has the tools but the complete lack of coaching in high school really put him at a disadvantage in terms of him getting ready to be a viable P5 starter. The door isn't closed on Perry, it's just that it may take longer with him that most have the patience for and his laid back persona isn't doing him any favors.

Jarren Williams is a completely different player in that he is much more polished at this stage of his development in terms of his passing and his ability to function within a structured framework. Williams also has a reputation of being an enthusiastic student of the game and a film junkie. Williams also possess all of the requisite physical tools. While he doesn't appear to have the cannon for an arm that Perry has, Williams arm is more than good enough and he can make all of the throws required in addition to being mobile and a legitimate threat running the football. What will ultimately propel Williams into the starting QB role IMO will be his high football IQ and natural leadership qualities. Williams also seems to posses an aura of calm confidence and control that put together with his natural physical ability and obsessive preparation and film study will allow him to surpass Perry and Rosier and become a true freshman starter at QB for UM.

This is all purely speculative on my part and I took a few "leaps of faith" but this is how I honestly see the QB battle shaking out and yes, I like Williams that much and truly think he could be our next great canes QB. I believe Williams is the real deal.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't know who the 2 losses might be.

Nobody predicted we'd lose to Pitt. Nobody predicted Clemson would lose to Syracuse.

Nobody knows **** about that will happen during a given week of ACC play.

FIU though? This NED'S REVENGE or something?

FIU though? This NED'S REVENGE or something?

My response illustrates my disdain for the question. How in the **** should I know who we're going to lose to?

You can generally predict Bama to go 11-1 every year - but you just don't know if they'll lose to A&M, Ole Miss, Auburn...

I think we'll drop a couple games over the course of a three month season. I shouldn't have to explain which games we'll lose and why.

My response illustrates my disdain for the question. How in the **** should I know who we're going to lose to?

You can generally predict Bama to go 11-1 every year - but you just don't know if they'll lose to A&M, Ole Miss, Auburn...

I think we'll drop a couple games over the course of a three month season. I shouldn't have to explain which games we'll lose and why.
I didn't ask who my man, just getting a feel for what way this season had you leaning. Thanks.

Advertisement
Back