2024 Roger Saleapaga II 4* TE from Utah

Advertisement

“The love and the culture on that team really stood out to me,” Saleapaga told 247Sports. “the coaching staff was all straight up and showed that they really wanted me. It was just a different feeling. The highlight of meeting the coaches was how straight up and genuine they were with me, not just coach Stephen Field and coach Cody Woodiel, but the whole coaching staff. They showed a ton of love. Miami is up there and could be one of my top schools after the visit.”

Another connection the Canes have working in their favor is Mario Cristobal, who recruited both Penei Sewell and Noah Sewell out of the state of Utah when he was at Oregon -- their father, Gabe Sewell, coached Saleapaga at Orem the last three years and accompanied him on the trip after spending time at the NFL Combine earlier in the week.

Has pretty insane production, 78/1267/14.

Plus level athlete w/ upside too, could definitely be a weapon in this new type of offense that we are trying to implement. Plus, would love to get our foot in the door out there in UT and continue adding some of these Samoans every class.

This type of kid usually goes to Utah/BYU and be a top 100 pick in 4 years. Take him and a true inline type for the TE class, that’s a W.

Advertisement
Roger was on Sebastian Lane tonight. Key highlights

• Originally from @Rellyrell neck of the woods (long beach)
  • Coach Joe is family
  • When they got the offer three weeks ago, his family said this is serious, we're going to go other there immediately and check it out
  • This was his first time on the east coast
  • Went into depth as to why recruiting Polys is different.

Advertisement
Roger was on Sebastian Lane tonight. Key highlights

• Originally from @Rellyrell neck of the woods (long beach)
  • Coach Joe is family
  • When they got the offer three weeks ago, his family said this is serious, we're going to go other there immediately and check it out
  • This was his first time on the east coast
  • Went into depth as to why recruiting Polys is different.

How many people is coach Joe related to???
Must be a Poly thing. I wouldn’t understand.

Advertisement
Canes, Oregon and UT battling this recruitment out. If the Vols are aggressively recruiting him, we're on the right track here.

Growing up, Saleapaga dreamed of receiving offers from top programs including Oregon, Miami and Tennessee. All three of those schools have already offered him, along with Washington, BYU and Utah among others.

“Family is very important to me, so how you treat me and my family goes a long way,” Saleapaga told On3. “How comfortable my family is for me going to that school is important. Also, whatever place can develop me to my best abilities and to the best player I can be, that plays a big role. Strength and nutrition programs and things like that also play a big part in my decision.”

So far, the 6-foot-4, 195-pound recruit has visited Miami, Oregon, Oregon State and Washington. He plans to return to the Beavers and Ducks, as well as see the Volunteers.

-

Saleapaga visited Miami on the weekend of March 4. While in Coral Gables, he and his family toured the Hurricanes’ campus and met with their coaches.

Speaking with head coach Mario Cristobal and others was the highlight of Saleapaga’s trip. He likes how Miami’s staff are “good people” and “don’t sugarcoat anything.”

“We were talking about everything,” Saleapaga said. “They made it more than just football. They talked about what I like to do, mainly. They started talking about the football part, obviously. They chipped at it a little throughout the visit. But they left it for the end. They really wanted to get to know me and my family.”

Multiple staffers contact Saleapaga and his family daily, including Cristobal and tight ends coach Stephen Field. At the moment, Cristobal is his main recruiter from Miami.

“It feels good,” Saleapaga said about being recruited by the Hurricanes’ head man. “Coach Cristobal, he’s a busy guy… It feels great. It shows that they really, really want me and that means a lot.”

Advertisement
Last edited:
Advertisement
Back