2024 Roger Saleapaga II 4* TE from Utah

@Samoan Souljah , what makes UT an attractive destination for Samoans/Polys? We were sweating bullets with Francis up until Cribby dropped a Steph on us the day of the announcement.
Their Samoan QB Nico. It always makes it easier for a Samoan kid to go to a school where other Samoans are at. Shoot, remember they had To'oto'o before his transfer to Bama. Pretty much dawgs just wanting to play with dawgs.

I believe we have the upper hand though because we got Samoan players and a coach. Also, with Saleapaga being from Utah, best believe he is surrounded by a large Samoan community. MC's relstionship with the Sewell family connected to Roger can only be a bonus for us. The Samoan connection from the UM staff with Roger and his supporters are multi-layered.

We are quickly becoming that national recruiting program once again. When USC, UW, Cal, UCLA, and Oregon have been great, they have always had a strong presence of Polys on their team, imo. We are becoming that in the South East and I love it. I have been waiting for 30 plus years for us to recruit Polys on the regular. Glad we have MC, Mirabal and Salave'a.

Advertisement
Their Samoan QB Nico. It always makes it easier for a Samoan kid to go to a school where other Samoans are at. Shoot, remember they had To'oto'o before his transfer to Bama. Pretty much dawgs just wanting to play with dawgs.
Yea, I guess my question was a bit longer term. Other than the obvious NIL reason, what made Nico pick UT? Ditto for To'oto'o. Is there something inherently in the Knoxville area that's attractive or family oriented or were they just breaking new ground?

Yea, I guess my question was a bit longer term. Other than the obvious NIL reason, what made Nico pick UT? Ditto for To'oto'o. Is there something inherently in the Knoxville area that's attractive or family oriented or were they just breaking new ground?
As you said, i think its the latter. My big bro played at Lambuth back in the 2003 and was an All American at LB while they were in the NAIA. We knew nobody there lmao and we are from Hawaii. Its new ground, plus the offensive explosion with the new offense. Some Samoan families are now moving to the South East because its cheaper, and they know football is a priority. God blessed Samoans to play football and rugby lol. We know this and know what geographical places and locations would appreciate new Samoan blood (for sports at least lol).

I believe we have the upper hand though because we got Samoan players and a coach. Also, with Saleapaga being from Utah, best believe he is surrounded by a large Samoan community. MC's relstionship with the Sewell family connected to Roger can only be a bonus for us. The Samoan connection from the UM staff with Roger and his supporters are multi-layered.

We are quickly becoming that national recruiting program once again. When USC, UW, Cal, UCLA, and Oregon have been great, they have always had a strong presence of Polys on their team, imo. We are becoming that in the South East and I love it. I have been waiting for 30 plus years for us to recruit Polys on the regular. Glad we have MC, Mirabal and Salave'a.

So glad u’re saying this out loud, b/c I’ve been trying to educate this board about this for yrs!

Advertisement

american samoan GIF by WWE

Advertisement
Advertisement
And i am glad we are alive to see it lmao. Imagine the next Junior Seau, Troy Polamalu, or Lofa Tatupu to blow up reppin that U!!! Oh boy!!! Slowly but surely...
Yea mane, there’s been more than a couple of us have been screaming for this, loudly for years. Happy to see it happening, now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back